Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Events / experiences you've had but cannot explain
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Looking from my bedroom window, I saw a spherical light descending slowly. It was approx. half a mile away. Intrigued, I grabbed a pair of bino’s to get a closer look. It was an orb of steady state white light, still descending. Then – suddenly, it morphed into a red triangle shape and accelerated away at unfathomable speed. Gone in a picosecond. I’ve lost count of how many WTFs I uttered.

Anyone else?

wwaswas

Events / experiences you’ve had but cannot explain

I found myself agreeing with TJ once. Very odd and a few wtf’s were uttered.

molgrips
    Free Member

Camping on the shores of Llyn Idwal one night. Clear apart from cloud on the horizon somewhere. All still and silent, then suddenly there’s a roaring sound approaching fast. In a second it slammed into the tent shaking it a lot, then roared off down the hillside. From that point onwards there were a few more gusts of wind which gradually built into howling gales and rain that blew us off the mountain at first light after having had no sleep 🙂

It was quite scary since it sounded like a solid object about to crash into us – rockfall, crashing plane etc – certainly had no time to move, only had just enough to think ‘am I a goner here?’.

I did find out what it probably was later though – a kind of rolling vortex that comes down steep mountain sides in certain conditions – but I’ve forgotten it’s name!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I almost liked one of Fred’s postings, the one where he suddenly started asking himself questions about his own behaviour and “Can’t we all just get along” and so forth.

Then he resumed normal service.

derek_starship
    Free Member

molgrips – I think that may be called a foehn wind.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah yes.. not quite Foehn winds since they are steady things – this was a one off blam.

However I found the link to this phenomenon whilst googling about Foehn winds.. will do more later.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Ah yes.. not quite Foehn winds since they are steady things – this was a one off blam.

Yes, the one you described sounds like no foehn at all!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Time stopped for a few seconds; quite unexpectedly. It was very odd but beautiful.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Adiabatic wind per chance?

*awaits CMungus to ask if it’s type I or II*

LHS
    Free Member

Crashed a car into something invisible.

iDave
    Free Member

daily life

MrSmith
    Free Member

around 82/83 me and my sister watched three bright lights in a tight group hovering on the horizon they circled slowly then suddenly accelerated to one side at superfast speed and then maintained their position. then they were gone.
    this coincided with a local newspaper report of somebody claiming they were visited by aliens while walking their dog on the golf coarse (which was 1.5 miles away in the direction of the lights).

i don’t believe in aliens but would like to know exactly what it was we were looking at. people confuse the word ufo with spaceship. it was definately an unidentified flying object i was looking at 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Events / experiences you've had but cannot explain’ is closed to new replies.