Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • eventful lunchbreak! bleeding man content
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

just spent my lunch break holding the blood in an 88yr old gentleman’s skull in reading town center 😐

poor chap tripped and fell face first into the pavement, his wooden walking stick got in the way of his forehead on the way down and it punctured a 2″ wide gash in his forehead that didnt stop pumping out blood even after the paramedic joined me and we got some better dressings on compared to the shopping centres poorly equipped first aid kit.

lovely guy! I hope he recovers ok and his wife gets over the shock of watching it all 🙁

anybody else had an eventful lunch?

tails
    Free Member

Good on you, far to many people would walk past people in need.

My lunch thought about having a haircut, then decided pork and pickle pies were more appealing!

Jamie
    Free Member

I had a fish finger sandwich and dropped my Fiesta off for it’s MOT and a service….about it really.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    camo16
    Free Member

My BBQ chicken wrap had a surprising amount of cress in it. That’s my eventful highlight of today’s lunch. Yours is way better…

RealMan
    Free Member

Haven’t really got out of bed yet

andyl
    Free Member

Still not dressed…been finishing a report since 8am though. Now to crack on with another…yawn…

hope guy is okay. Amazing how many people just walk on. I could never.

portlyone

Tried Walkers’ MAX Cheese Burger crisps. Tasted like a cheese burger which was surprising!

Bregante

Well I was all set to have some mackerel and a lovely healthy salad but at the last minute I went for butter bean soup and 2 crumpets.

Live life on the edge me.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Bringing it back round to bikes, just picked up a pair of Medusa’s from the LBS and got a nice discount for them remembering my name, sweet!

philconsequence
    Free Member

i did discover that boots do packets of nandos crisps as part of their lunch deals, and i was planning on getting a haircut… but the events that unfolded are a sure sign i should grow a massive quif to keep dezB happy.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I had the strangest boner but it’s gone for now.

TimP
    Free Member

I am off to go and get a bank card to replace the one my daughter has hidden. At 18months sadly she doesn’t understand that it is important or be able to tell me where she has put it. I did check the bass speaker where she put my mobile last time (through the big hole in the front which is like a lobster pot so resulted in an a hour to cut it all open from the back to get it out).

Bless her little cotton socks…

meehaja
    Free Member

I’m just sat in my lounge listening to the cat being sick. I might take my wife’s (ridden twice, ever) bike to the market to buy some fruit to get me though the next 7 days at work.

binners

TimP – She doesn’t have one of these does she?

My bank card went missing, after I received a replacement I noticed my old one sticking out of the card reader on my daughters

Like you said: bless her little cotton socks 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

Had a wrap, magazine I bought this morning is shit, having bitch fight with myself about cake. It’s just started to rain.

*sigh*

camo16
    Free Member

Tomorrow, I’m heading out into the city’s dull grey streets. I’ll find someone who needs help and I’ll help them whilst bulging my muscles. Anything beats BBQ chicken wraps with too much cress…

lunge

Homemade egg mayo sarny, bunch of grapes and a game of pool. Pretty standard really.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

binners daughter thinks the zenith of her career expectations will be working as a checkout girl.

Still, she’ll be doing better than her dad just colouring in. 🙂

binners

Its a good point, well put DD. But I was hoping she was leaning more towards credit card fraud. Possibly on a massive international scale. To keep me in Werthers Originals and Capstan Full Strangth 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I tripped up an old man in Reading town centre.

Was good.

philconsequence
    Free Member

😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

Read STW. Got mentioned <- Eventful 🙂

Maybe I should find a pic of my massive quiff from the 80s to give you a target..

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I went for a run. Twas good. As is the leftover pasta from last nights tea which I’m currently eating.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

We don’t eat pasta DirtyG. -10 points.

Phil – have you bought a cape?

captaincarbon
    Free Member

New strict diet, 2nd day in, grumpy as hell!

Good work philconsequence!

camo16
    Free Member

Inspired by this story I just went out, saw a seagull with an evil look in its eye and gave said bird a stern talking to. Who’s the hero now?

woody2000

The last time I stopped to help an old chap in very similar circumstances (trip, bang, blood), he sadly died 2 days later 🙁

He’d managed to get out of the “secure” old folks home he lived in, and make a break for it. In fairness the staff weren’t far behind, but the damage had been done by then 🙁

It was quite odd as I’d stopped to help another old fella who’d done exactly the same thing about a week previously and it couldn’t have been more different – he just sat there very calmly with blood everywhere, saying there was no need to fuss and just to take him home for a cup of tea! 🙂

Well done for not walking by Phil, here’s a special lolcat just for you.

philconsequence
    Free Member

the broad st mall security has a nice knitted red blanket that would’ve doubled up nicely as a cape 8)

i felt like a growd up when the paramedic asked me to fill out his assessment form thing for him 😳 :mrgreen:

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I had a fish finger sandwich

I hope there was salad cream in there.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

But it was post exercise TSY, so that’s allowed (as is the yoghurt i’m now eating) 😛

emsz
    Free Member

lost bitch fight about cake. I should’ve had yoghurt.

Feels bad now

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I just had a toasted muffin with two fried eggs, one semi rigid and one flaccid, and some reduced salt and sugar beanz. I thought about Phil’s heroics and had a strange boner again.

Junkyard
    Free Member

D you need to work on that boner

binners

I’ve been pretty smart and, George Lucas style, registered the commercial rights for SuperPhil, including the action figure which I’m presently designing. Hmm….. where to look for inspiration……..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You’re withdrawing your offer to work on it then JY? 🙁

Still shaving for “bets”? 😛

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Don’t feel bad emsz, just go for a run later to burn it off. I had chocolate mid morning so my run at lunch = calorie neutral…until the biscuits hijack me tonight 😀

binners

Just drink Diet Coke with the biscuits. I’ve been reliably informed that if you do, none of the calories are absorbed into the body. Apparently they disappear completely

DezB
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member

+1

thegreatape
    Free Member

I went home for lunch which was roast beef sandwiches. However the wife had only buttered one slice of bread, not both. She claims this is normal to do. I don’t agree, I think both slices should be buttered.

Tomorrow I have been invited to the local primary school for a ‘vegetable taster day’. There jolly well better be chips.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘eventful lunchbreak! bleeding man content’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts