Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Event Elephant. Scam?- Someone booked me into an event I never heard of?
  • couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Weird email tonight – I’ve just entered an event in Mayo I’ve never even heard of.

What’s annoying is they have my first and second name right, email obviously – and its £68

Honesty this as far from what I’d spend a weekend doing as posssible.

Anyone heard of them? I dont know what credit / debit card they used so I’ll have to ring them all from my wallet.

coatesy
    Free Member

Before you ring them, check it’s not a premium rate number that’ll cost you a fortune, that may be the actual money making part of the scam.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Is it me or are you talking complete jibberish? An event elephant in mayonaise? Using a wallet to ring someone? Are you on acid?

thepurist
    xcgb
    Free Member

Is it me or are you talking complete jibberish? An event elephant in mayonaise? Using a wallet to ring someone? Are you on acid?

Not just you no 🙂

PJay
    Free Member

Are you sure that they’ve actually charged one of your cards (in which case it probably needs cancelling)? It sounds to me, as Coatesy suggests, that it might be a scam to try and get you to call a premium line (or perhaps someone’s signed you up as a gift/joke).

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

put a post on http://www.epicmtb.com and your questions will be amswered soon enough

allthepies
    Free Member

Your Email address might be very similar to someone who’s signed up to said event(s) and used your address in error ? Edit: First/second name matching does seem odd however…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Edit: First/second name matching does seem odd however…

unless his e-mail is firstname.secondname@yahoo.co.uk

atlaz
    Free Member

I do love that Elephant Events website. They say you get a unique event website but given they use templates with “Your logo here” it sounds less than unique 😛

eventelephant
    Free Member

Hi There,

I work at EventElephant. I can 100% assure you that we are not a scam, 1000’s of Event Organisers use us to sell tickets for their events. The way our product works is that we provide Event Organisers with the secure platform to sell tickets online.

I’m sure there has been some sort of mix up here that we will do our very best to resolve for you. If you have the email that you received to hand, our Finance team will be able to look up the details and work out what has happened. You can get hold of them on finance@eventelephant.com or on +353 1685 2055 – I can also guarantee that this phone number is not a premium rate number.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience and hope this issue is resolved for you ASAP.

eventelephant
    Free Member

In response to atlaz….you are able create a unique event website using our software. There are more options than simply uploading your logo.

We’ve created lots of really great looking websites, you can see some of them here – eventelephant.com/eventgallery

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Event Elephant. Scam?- Someone booked me into an event I never heard of?’ is closed to new replies.