Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Evening STW, can anyone recommend a good charity to donate to?
  • Sandwich

Any charity that does NOT pay for places on the London marathon. I don’t think any charitable board that pays thousands for guaranteed spots is making best use of their donations.

kaesae
    Free Member

Yes TooTall I see your point and your perspective, I can involve you in deciding what charities we as in us on STW and anyone else that supports me donate too, by not involving you ❓

You make more out of what I’m doing than is actually there! as always you apply your perspective and biast to my actions, do you watch a lot of TV and when you do are you ever wrong in your assumtions ❓

Does anyone want to be involved with what I’m doing, the simple tooling, the service guides, the help and support for riders and clubs, the charity donations, anyone want to see if there is a better way of looking at the world and getting stuff done ❓

kaesae
    Free Member

Yunki, I was thinking that last time, that at least some of the money should go back into charities that help out bikers, of all the groups of people that use the country side, us lot are far more likely to get stretchered back to civilization than any other.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TooTall
    Free Member

I watch almost no TV and do my bit to change the world to be a better place. I just don’t see the point in waving my winky about on STW to further my personal wishes.
    Then again, if I were a cycle-related business trying to draw attention to myself, it might be different.

khani
    Free Member

Give to a small local one run and staffed by volunteers, no big salaries to pay or fancy cars for execs to pay for, there’s loads out there’ ie homeless charities, animal sanctuarys and day centres for oap’s and the disabled that are having funding slashed at the mo
    I always give to the small soup kitchens in London rather than the big charities as I’ve seen the cars the execs run and I allways think who payed for the 30k plus bm’s I’ve seen them driving,

kaesae
    Free Member

TooTall, I earn a living helping people get out biking, I’ve been helping riders for 12 years now, long before I had a company. To date I have taken very little money, from what has been made by my company.

Every penny has gone back in, on tooling development, bearing development and a lot of time has been spent on my idiotic service guides and teaching people how to service their own bikes and keeping them mobile.

Since I earn a living servicing bikes, does it make any sense from a business point of view to show people all over the world how to service their own bikes?

4 years ago I had £500 and a dream of a company where everyone shares in the resources and benefits they bring, a company where quality of life through mutually beneficial cooperation was the end goal.

I have made it clear by my actions on this website and others like it, that I do not care about money, anyone having a go at me will get told where to go! that said tootall you seem like a decent person, if a bit cynical.

So I will not go into torretes guy mode and tell you what I think, aah what the hell a little bit will not hurt, **** YOU! you satupid slug, i wanna **** you in the armpit with my ears 😯

Perhaps if you new me better you would not judge me so harshly ❓ time will tell which of us is right about this though!

Does anyone want to be involved with what I’m doing, the simple tooling, the service guides, the help and support for riders and clubs, the charity donations, anyone want to see if there is a better way of looking at the world and getting stuff done

How would you like to involve us in your simple tooling, service guides & support for riders and clubs then kaesae?

Simple question.

Every penny has gone back in, on tooling development, bearing development and a lot of time has been spent on my idiotic service guides and teaching people how to service their own bikes and keeping them mobile.

Have you developed some new tools and bearings then?

Again, interested.

Are your idiotic service guides aimed at idiots btw?

kaesae
    Free Member

Oh the ever crafty TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR, quite a mouthful that, is this where you trick me into saying buy my products and services and I will gaurantee you a place in heaven ❓

I only sell what riders need and my company specializes in helping riders with little or no money, if I wanted to make a lot of money I would simply service bikes.

I have tooling and techniques that very few mechanics in the industry have, I also have pattented tooling, however here I am wokring with asmany groups of people as possible and sharing my knowledge freely.

If people give me money and I then put all of the money and my time and effort back into helping out riders, how is that a bad thing ❓

If anyone reading this needs a hand sorting out their bike, give me a shout, I have loads of experience and knowledge.

As for the time wasters, don’t you have anything better to do ❓ no infact you don’t ❗

I will leave you to it, enjoy playing with yourselves, I need to get back to work!

You haven’t really answered any of my questions though. What tools have you patented?

I am actually interested – in a perverse kind of way

Philby

Getting back on topic – Oxfam are an amazing organisation and are very much into helping people help themselves.

Why not consider http://www.lifecycleuk.org.uk/ who provide lots of support for cyclists.

Otherwise as suggested a couple of times above why not donate some moeny to a smaller local charity who do not have the large fundraising budgets of the large national charities – homeless charities, your local Citizens Advice Bureau, disability charities etc.

And you could also consider donating your time – lots of charities depend on volunteers whether as trustees, or providing frontline services e.g. those who man the Samaritan’s phonelines.

grum
    Free Member

My good friend runs http://www.steppingstonesnigeria.org/

Was featured in a Dispatches doc a little while ago – trying to protect children branded as witches in Nigeria. They are small, spend very little on admin etc and are very dedicated, unlike some of the bigger charities where a lot of effort is expended maintaining their bloated company structure.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Home

RNLI… but for the rnli go to your local station and make a donation directly to them as it stays with the station and thus the cash gets used at the pit face for what you intended. make one generally and it goes to the ivory towers at poole and its potency gets diffused somewhat.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

and before you give to any charity involved with africa go read paul theroux’s dark star safari.

kaesae
    Free Member

Grum that sounds very rough, no doubt more delusional church doctrine.

I also agree with the view that a lot of charities are useless, which is why I’m trying to get some advice from here :roll:, I don’t really have time to do too much research.

On my next relisting I will alter a couple of listing to include those charities if I can, I also have more listings to put on I will donate some money to lifecycles as well.

As for air ambulance there are quite a few of them, I will put some money to the midlands air ambulance charity.

Since coming onto this site I have met nothing but resistance to everything I do, my frames that I used to sell where too expensive but too cheap 😯 , they were also stolen 💡 even though all of them where purchased through eBay and legally mine.

It was also claimed that I couldn’t service mountain bike frames or know anything about changing bearings, as for bearings I have no idea about those either and my company should be avoided 😯

It is a very dangerous set of circumstances for a culture to be in, where nothing gets done, because no one will try any endeavor for fear of failure or ridicule.

We have fools for leaders who cannot be trusted, infact we live in an era where trust is a weekness to be exploited ❓ I am offering to share everything I get with everyone involved, I doubt you will get the same offer else where.

Time will tell if I am genuine or not, actions have, do and will always speak far louder than anything else.

Since coming onto this site I have met nothing but resistance to everything I do, my frames that I used to sell where too expensive but too cheap , they were also stolen even though all of them where purchased through eBay and legally mine.

It was also claimed that I couldn’t service mountain bike frames or know anything about changing bearings, as for bearings I have no idea about those either and my company should be avoided

It’s probably more to do with the way you come across mate, other than people making assumptions about what you can, or can’t do. And then with the slightest criticism, you go ballistic.

Some of your terminoligy when you first appeared was a little strange and vague to say the least. You seemed to be trying to flog something with very little substance, assuming people were idiots with regards to looking after their kit and on more than one occassion talking a load of claptrap. First impressions stick.

It is a very dangerous set of circumstances for a culture to be in, where nothing gets done, because no one will try any endeavor for fear of failure or ridicule.

I’m not sure this rather odd ideology helps your cause either. I’m still not sure how what you proclaim to be doing is going to change the world in the slightest. I’m still not entirely sure what you actually are proclaiming to be doing.

Time will tell if I am genuine or not, actions have, do and will always speak far louder than anything else.

I actually do think you are a genuine bloke, just a tad misguided and you just come across as a bit of a prat at times.

Note – I’m not devoid of the above accusations myself ^^

kaesae
    Free Member

Perhaps you are right theartistformerlyknownasSTR 😯

It all comes down to motives really, I’m trying to get people to work together and make it easier for them to get out biking.

This thread is simply my way of coming to understand the best way to donate money to charity and to involve the people who are supporting me in making the decision about where the money goes, for now all I have time to do is alter my listings on ebay, in time I will hopefully have enough money to start up bike clubs and organize trips.

Perhaps you are right in that you knowing me so well. So you can understand me completely and are entitled to judge me as you see fit.

However since I have told you of my motives and the amount of people I help and give support to speaks for its self, perhaps you could now tell me what your motives are and how your behavior on this thread is beneficial to anyone.

Do you think I am trying to con them into supporting me by donating money to charity and helping everyone I can, I have spent countless years helping people, have I spent 12 years creating the illusion of someone that is passionate about bikes ❓

You see me as fair game and I see people who act like you do as a waste of time.

You claim the right to interfere because you feel like it and I think that all you do is reinforce a fundamentally flawed philosophy.

The way I do things is different that is for sure, that doesn’t change the fact of how capable a mechanic I am or how many riders I help.

Normal in a **** up world ❓ if being average means blindly going along with our idiotic way of life, I’d rather be a weirdo!

More waffle, yet I still don’t have a clue what you are trying to achieve.

Getting people to work together – to do what exactly?

If you want to give money to charity, just bloody well do it. You seem to have an active imagination, so use it and put your ego away. Why don’t you just ask for some feedback from your actual customers? Fair play though on the charitable side of things.

Never claimed to know you, but with such prose as spouted on here, it’s not hard to build up a little bit of a picture of your persona and psyche.

Why would I think you are out to con anyone? Are you? What sort of people do you help, I really am curious? I like the fact that you’ve spent 12 years creating the illusion that you’re passionate about bikes – do you hate them really?

If you see people replying to a load of waffle as interference in your business, then perhaps you’re pushing your wares in the wrong place pal.

kaesae
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR

I see wasting my time because you have nothing better to do as a perfect example of why you should simply be avoided.

I am trying to get people involved in helping me decide what charaties to give to, you have turned a simple question into god only knows what.

It is my opinion that you are bored and as such require some drama in your life, here is something to amuse you!

30 seconds in about sums you up! [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE[/video]

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

crispy bacon – Member
    This one deserves all the support we can give Bullheart so please be generous.

+1 for this charity, I think a lot of STW members have donated to the cause over time.

I’ll put a quick push in for my own cause, Brain Tumour UK, as that is why I have a missing frontal lobe, and in June I’ll be cycling from London to Paris in aid of BTUK MFL’s London to Paris ride

Within our household we give to several charities, Mrs gives to Cancer Research UK, Guide Dogs, & Dogs Trust, I give to British Red Cross & National Deaf Childrens Society.

kaesae
    Free Member

Philby lifecycles is perfect! thank you for that.

Missingfrontallobe, I will try and suport teambullheart.

I have a lot of work to do and better get back to it 🙄

Thanks to the people who are helping me with this charity thing, there are thousands of them on ebays lists and I have very little time to do research.

Farewell!

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Evening STW, can anyone recommend a good charity to donate to?’ is closed to new replies.