Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Evening STW Advice please HTC wild fire or Samsung Wave 723.
  • kaesae
    Free Member

After spending a good amount of time going through reviews online I’ve come to the conclusion it’s a load of bollocks.

Has any one owned both of these phones or at least one of them and what did you think.

Anyone not here to give me advice, WHAT DO YOU WANT ASSHAT!

Any one here to give me advice, thanks and it would be much appreciated.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

I would shop around and get a HTC desire. I got mine through a link from topcashback.co.uk and got £50 cashback, then bought from mobiles.co.uk on a 25 quid a month contract – this is half price for 16/24 months via redemption so equates to about £16 a month over the term of the contract (24 months) and free phone

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I have the wildfire & MsD has the desire. In the real world we can’t see much difference between the two TBH. Neither of us play games online with them so maybe that would swing it to the desire if you’re that way inclined.
    The wildfire i found incredibly frustrating at first, to the point i was going to get rid but then it just ‘clicked’.
    The android OS is linux-based i believe and seems to work seamlessly, very easy to navigate and the screen size & resolution are way more than adequate for me.
    Battery life seems good so far – if you turn off all the apps when not using them. The wildfire comes with everything turned on so you are running apps you don’t even know you have.

All in all i really like this phone – now!!!

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey, how many minutes do you get on your contracts and how many texts?

The contract I have is £20.34 and I get a samsung wave 723 with 200min unlimited texts and 1gb internet access.

However I don’t have the phone yet and can still cancel it tomorrow.

To be honest I have no idea about phones or contracts and there are so many different deals it’s a pain in the ass trying to decide.

The online reviews are just advertisements and a lot of the time biased.

Does anyone have any more advice on what to do ❓

Check out Tech Radar, or Trusted Reviews – I’ve found these ok.

Alternatively, for the voice of the people, check out AV Forums for a wealth of knowledge on absolutely anything regarding personal electronic equipment.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’m on t-mobile. £20 per month, unlimited texts, unlimited web browsing, 2Gb download limit, 600 minutes. Not sure if they are still running that offer though.

kaesae
    Free Member

Cheers muddydwarf and racing_ralph I’ll check them out 😀

Conqueror
    Free Member

Get the Motorola Defy. It’ll survive a beating (relatively speaking) and you wont be worried taking it out and doing sports. Its also got a better spec overall than those other two phones.

takisawa2

Not heard great things about Android on Samsung, but thats based on the Galaxy S, dont know about the Wave.
    I wouldnt go for the Wildfire, the Desire is much better. HD even more so.
    Great screens, battery life starts out rubbish, but stick with it. It gets lods better after a few weeks. My Desire HD is nice.
    Some good prices for the Desire on moneysupermarket.com
    Free phone, 300 mins, unl txts & 750mb of data for £16 / month after cashback. Works well enough for me. Phone arrived next day etc. Its CarPhone Warehouse really.

Just ordered a Desire HD myself, although having to use Vodafone due to my geographical location it’s costing me £35 pcm for 900 minutes, unlimited texts and 750Gb internet. Add this to the £30 pcm I pay for a shitty Nokia N97 Mini then Vodafone get a tidy sum out of me.

The HTC is going on my wife’s contract though as she’s due an upgrade (and I’m not). She’s happy with her current Sony Ericsson slide phone and is currently on £25pcm for 600mins, unlimited texts and no internet.

Spending the extra tenner to get myself a decent phone will be worthwile, as the missus gets an extra 300 minutes – she was exceeding 600 mins every month, so it was costing us a load extra anyway.

It’s worth noting, that even running my own business, I somehow manage to stay well within my 600 mins – but then I’m male 😐

kaesae
    Free Member

Haha! Yeah women can talk all right and they have no care for money, especially when it’s not their’s, bless them!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Orange now do free roaming onto tmobile – works great in cressbrook!!

kaesae
    Free Member

I just ordered an HTC DEsire in black with an OK contract only to realize that in white you get a much better deal, I’m assuming that the HTC desire black and white are only the colours.

GGGGRRRRRR!

racing_ralph – Member
    Orange now do free roaming onto tmobile – works great in Royston Vasey!!

You’ll never leave you know Rob.

midlifecrashes

Got the Defy and it’s great, but if you’re an android geek it’s 2.1, and won’t go 2.2 until spring. Probably not 3.0 ever, Doesn’t bother me. Having a phone I don’t have to keep in cotton wool is. T-mobile.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Lol worse places to be stuck

heresjonny
    Free Member

HTC Wildfire £35 up front for the phone, 18 month contract
    HTC Desire £50 upfront for the phone, 36 month contract
    Motorola Defy £50 upfront for the phone 24 month contract
    £10 500 mins free, unlimited text
    £15 800 mins free, unlimited text
    £20 unlimited calls unlimited text
    I went for the Defy and then £10 a month deal
    Works out at £20 a month which includes £10 a month for smart phone use, you can add on bundle for tinternet useage
    Runs on new T mobile Orange merged network.

kaesae
    Free Member

Looks like I’m going for a deal that gives me an HTC desire HD on a 24 months contract. 900mins 500 texts, anytime unlimited online access 1gb for £24.26 a month there are a lot of good deals on moneysupermarket.com.

First it’s hard to figure out what comapny to go with then it’s hard to decide on the deal.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Evening STW Advice please HTC wild fire or Samsung Wave 723.’ is closed to new replies.