Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Evening riding buddies, in and around Manchester
  • craig24
    Free Member

Trying to get back into riding again, got myself a new bike a month or 2 ago, Giant Trance (new to me anyway 😆 )

Looking for riders around Manchester who are riding around Clayton Vale, Philips Park, Lee Quarry, Rivington, these sort of places. Who doesn’t mind an unfit and unskilled chap tagging along.

Anyone out and about any evenings this week let me know, cheers.

Mackem

I’m moving to Manchester at the end of July. Just registering interest for future thread bumping.

craig24
    Free Member

Hi Mackem, where in Manchester are you moving to? Hopefully we can get a ride in one day.

binners

Unfit and unskilled chap, you say? Sounds like you’ll fit right in with us lot then. We ride all the places you’ve listed, and a few more. Every Monday evening.

You’ll be wanting to keep your eyes on The Monday Night Pub Rides threads. We’re out tomorrow if you fancy joining us?

Mackem

Dunno whereabouts yet. Depends on where the other half ends up working.

craig24
    Free Member

I’ve just seen the Monday night thread, looks good. I’m not sure i’ll be able to keep up though, what sort of miles do you lot cover?

binners

We’re out for long enough that we still manage to get back to the pub in time to get a couple of pints in. About 2 hours. Maybe about 12 fairly flat miles tomorrow The pace is social. Nobody gets dropped. not even me. I guarantee you won’t be as slow as me! Come on down. Its always a laugh.

craig24
    Free Member

You managed to persuade me, I will see you there!

hora
    Free Member

Solo: Wed pm I did the Knder circuit (about 55min from Manchester) Fri evening I did Ladybower/cheeky, today Calderdale (I saw a group being taught(?) How to ride bluepig with that Ed fella wtf- you dont ‘need’ people to ride with.

Monday evening sounds like a good social though tbh. Do you use lights at the end binners?!

duncancallum

the guiding light of the pub is all binners needs. he’s like a homing pigeon.

hora
    Free Member

Sounds similar to me- years ago, long ride and someone said there were porkpies in a cafe at the top of the hill- I put in a Pelaton break-away busting sprint-climb to the top

binners

Like a Bisto kid following the smell of pies….

Mackem

BTW, what are good places in/around Manc to live from the mtbing point of view? (with easy access to the city centre)

hora
    Free Member

South Manchester however its a dbl edged sword as people from Wales, Warrington, London travel to watch top four Premiership team play there every two weeks

Bregante

Mackem , I’d look round Bury/ Ramsbottom way. Trams into town every 15 minutes and plenty of riding out towards Rammy/Rivington and beyond.

I’m only half an hour away but I wish I still lived up that way.

If you prefer the South side then look out towards Cheadle. Loads of riding out towards the peak that way

jamesross
    Free Member

I’m in Middleton and I’m not particularly fit or fast so you can count me in if you like. Also, the monday night pub rides sound good!

scaled
    Free Member

Better up the pie order at the church, we don’t want all these johnny come latelys scoffing all the chilli jam ones before the regulars

xherbivorex
    Free Member

the monday night pub rides are ace for us super slow, pretty unfit but full of enthusiasm types, and tomorrow’s ride is a good one to start off with as it’s in our spiritual birthplace.

and if you ever fancy a ride up at rivington, i live in horwich and would be happy to have more riding buddies…

jimplops

Sounds like a group I could so with tagging along with, not so fit and with a new son could do with someone to do the thinking lol.

craig24
    Free Member

xherbivorex, I will take you up on that offer of a ride up Rivington, maybe we could do a Thursday night ride with anyone that’s interested?

funkrodent

I’m up for a bit of local-ish riding. Keep meaning to break my cherry on the Monday night ride but work has a habit of demanding my attention on Mondays (today being a case in point). I’ll keep an eye on this and the Monday night threads and one of these days the stars will align..

portlyone

I ride from work to Clayton Vale on Thursdays, around 1630-1800. Pace depends on the slowest rider (usually me!)

xherbivorex
    Free Member

maybe we could do a Thursday night ride with anyone that’s interested?

typically, i can’t do this thursday but it’s definitely a future option!

Mackem

Looking forward to moving even more now. Sounds canny,

duncancallum

I’m in horwich n just seen this I’ve just got back home from riding….

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Evening riding buddies, in and around Manchester’ is closed to new replies.