Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Evans….should I expect more?
  • Recycler
    Free Member

Recently demoed a Zesty 314 Medium at Dalby and really loved it. After trawling the 'tinterweb on the Monday (13th), I decided that Evans may be my best bet – given the lack of Zestys available around the UK. Rang my local (York) branch and ordered one (314 and they would throw in some XT spds too)and was told that I could pick it up Thursday of this week. I arrived, more than a little excited and was met with blank expressions from the staff. After some checking, I was down to recieve the said bike, but in XL size and no date for delivery was available. A got apologies from the manager, who did actually offer me the Spicy 316 for the same price. Its too much bike for me (160mm travel) so declined. I had my revised order confirmed and delivery will mow be apprx. 27th July. They've have £50 deposit and really let me down.

What I'm asking is, should I expect more in terms of customer service and maybe more importantly, shoul I ask the the throw in an XT chainset for my troubles.

Comments and advice from the collective would be most welcome.

nbt

I think ans XT chainset is pushing it, you;re already getting £80 worth of xt pedals. Deposit back and buy elsewhere, or wait I would say. 27th July is less than a fortnight: 4 weeks till the container with my new Ragley Blue Pig even arrives in the UK, then I have to have it delivered and build it

Recycler
    Free Member

Cheers NBT, but if you don't ask, you won't get. Availability is so limited that Evans was my best bet for securing the bike.

brant
    Free Member

4 weeks till the container with my new Ragley Blue Pig even arrives in the UK, then I have to have it delivered and build it

I need to go look in my shed, but if you're going to carry on plugging it for the next 4 weeks, maybe I'll make you wait 🙂

nbt

are you not in the shed now? Do I get a bigger discount if I plug it more? 😆

Recyclesr, if availability really is that limited, then they have nothing to lose by saying "no, and BTW you won't be getting those XT pedals either now"

haddock
    Free Member

Hull

Have you tried here – not that far away.

Recycler
    Free Member

haddock – was one of the first I tried – as I said availability is an issue. the 2010 models are out in the next couple of months, distributors have nothing left, so whats out there is out there.

Ta

seb
    Free Member

I went to The Big Adventure Store in Swindon last week and they had onehttp://www.thebigadventurestore.co.uk, try them
    Seb

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Dude, your after a bike that is in such short supply, i'd be happy knowing i was just getting one in a few weeks! plus a FREE set of XT pedals, what do you want? the moon on a stick?

Just be happy eh?

RealMan
    Free Member

I saw some single chainring bolts on evans, but the description was lacking a description, so I called them up.

"These single chainring bolts, are they stainless steel?"
    "Yeah, they are."
    "Sure?"
    "Yep, those single chainring bolts are definetly stainless steel"

So I order them, and theyre chrome double chainring bolts.

I'm not a big fan of evans either.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Evans….should I expect more?’ is closed to new replies.