• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Ewan.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Evans price match
  • flatfish
    Free Member

Went in to the store today fore armed with a better price for some mud guards and was told that they only price match with the bigger players in the UK market such as CRC, wiggle, Halfords, trends, cycle surgery and cycle republic.
    I still got them for ~£14 cheaper but I’d could’ve been £22.
    Boooooooo

legend
    Free Member

*sends hugz*

onandon
    Free Member

What, you mean the policy they have on their website detailing the price match conditions.
    Why no just buy from the place you saw them cheaper ?

joebristol

Is this a recent change – I’m sure I got them to match a shop not on that list a while back. I don’t remember it being so restrictive.

In terms of getting them to match it means you can physically go into a shop to look at / buy something. It’s nice to do that rather than have to wait for something to be delivered.

akira

Very recent policy change, big players and local stores only now. Previously we had a massive list but in all honesty I’d say most were wiggle or crc.

JAG

I recently bought some shoes and Evans price matched Winstanley Bikes and I saved £26.

Two days later I looked again and they wouldn’t price match Winstanley any more!!

I don’t think they like having to price match 😆

onandon
    Free Member

It’s not a recent thing. I remember two years ago looking at a mavic jacket and seeing their policy online. It may now be more destructive but I remember it online listing only a few of the bigger online stores.

submarined
    Free Member

It’s not a recent thing. I remember two years ago looking at a mavic jacket and seeing their policy online. It may now be more destructive but I remember it online listing only a few of the bigger online stores.

In that case it must have changed in the interim period – I’ve had numerous matches over the past year from all manner of places, including Canyon(!).
    I got my Hopes from Evans, getting them to match Winstanleys and then using the 13% gift card discount I got through work. Saved me about 50 quid.
    Their policy up until about 3 weeks ago was basically ‘we’ll price match anywhere in the UK, as long as it’s the same and in stock’.
    That applied to both online purchases when you filled in the form, and in store.

ogden
    Free Member

I price matched Winstanleys on the 24th August so it’s a recent change in policy.

flatfish
    Free Member

It must be in the last week as they price matched Merlin last week but Merlin have now dropped off their “list”.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yes its very recent, as in the last few days, 100% ive still got a price match from 3 days ago which is still valid 🙂

but now if I try to do it again, they don’t suddenly match the company

balls, always used to be great for getting a good discount off stuff

iainc

I asked about it in store earlier this week. They have a list on the wall of who they price match and the list changes every week or so now. I was enquiring about a pair of Five Tens I was buying which were about £6 less at GoOutdoors. They wouldn’t match as not on the list, fair enough I guess given the list is on display clearly. I bought them anyway as the guy had been very helpful digging out various pairs for me to try on.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

the list now is only 6 shops and its permanent from what ive been told

tony07
    Free Member

Price matched five tens from canyon for me a couple of weeks ago online

Ewan
    Free Member

This changed last week as I bought a bike and some bits and pieces. The lad serving asked his manager if the new price match policy had come in – she said yes it came on Monday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Evans price match’ is closed to new replies.