Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Evans Cycles – The best service I've had in years!
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

I know these threads normally get good and the bad comments on them, but I don’t really want the bad to reach this one. I writing this because I believe Evans Cycles & in particular a guy called ‘Dave’ (made up name, as he may not want it publicised) who works in their main contact centre deserves the credit of the experience I have had.

The story goes something like this….

I called the Evans contact centre earlier today and told them about the problems I had regarding some Fox Forks that I had ordered from my LBS 4 weeks ago along with a Frame, which upon ordering I was told was in stock (the reason I ordered them from them)

However, today (the day after the forks were due) I called only to be told that they are not in yet, followed by being told that they would be there in about 2 weeks. However, my suspicion was that this was a date given to ‘satisfy’ me and I was right! I called Mojo and they said that they wouldn’t have them until March! 😯

I don’t normally spend much money on my kit and have never bought new before, so a spend of nearly £3.5k (because I’m treating myself for my 40th!) is a massive deal to me, so you can imagine my complete disappointment.

I have sold every bike, frame and part I own to do this – so no spare bike to ride either. 🙁

So I set about trying to find a retailer in the UK that actually had them in stock, which after many, many calls I found Evans had them in stock and managed to speak to this guy called ‘Dave’.

My experience with the contact centre staff could not have been any better and whilst I have not been a regular user of Evans Cycles in the past (I do not have a store near me in Devon), I will certainly be a BIG online buyer with them in the future due to this experience.

In particular I would like to pass on praise and my sincere thanks to ‘Dave’.

‘Dave’ totally understood my situation and has simply done a stunning job of ensuring that my forks make it on the van that delivers to the Bristol Store tomorrow and although I will have to drive from Devon to Bristol to collect, this is a small price to pay over what I would felt like not riding for weeks whilst my brand new frame sat gathering dust.

In this day and age it is very difficult to find people like ‘Dave’ who do exactly what they say they will do, when they say they are going to do it (and call back when they say!) – but not only that, they even go beyond the ‘expected’ levels of service to ensure a good customer experience and in this case a VERY HAPPY customer. Thank you ‘Dave’!

Forks being collected tomorrow and bike riding on Sunday! Happy Days. 😀

evanssuspension
    Free Member

How strange! I’ve just this minute commented on your previous thread when you were asking if anyone knew where they were in stock and i sent you a link to our website.
    Looks like you beat me to it!
    Glad you got them sorted.
    Robin – Suspension Centre Manager

tomhoward

The cynic in me wants to call shenanigans here, but I’ll make the voices go away a minute. Glad your sorted!

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve had generally good service from Evans. Sure, you get the occasional totally disinterested Saturday boy but for the most part, they’ve done themselves proud. They were also far more likely to do me a freebie bit of work than my nearest LBS who were always too busy to help with a stuck pedal, overtightened nut, bushing removal etc despite the fact I’ve spent loads there.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’ve bought a couple of bikes (and lots of bits) from Evans and not had any issues, I think it helps if you know exactly what you want although I haven’t put their advice/sizing/fitting to the test so can’t say they’re crap at it. They’re about the closet thing to an LBS that actually has a decent range of stock you’ll find in a lot of areas.

hora
    Free Member

Evans Manchester are very good.

Bazz

Their head office/warehouse is my lbs and i’ve had really good service from them several times, including some free workshop jobs, that’s why i keep going back.

JonR
    Free Member

Evans Manchester are very good.

Really? Not the tragic centre one?

ltheisinger
    Free Member

tomhoward – Member

The cynic in me wants to call shenanigans here, but I’ll make the voices go away a minute. Glad your sorted!

Absolutely no ‘shenanigans’ here – just good old feedback when its due!

evans suspension – Member

How strange! I’ve just this minute commented on your previous thread when you were asking if anyone knew where they were in stock and i sent you a link to our website.
    Looks like you beat me to it!
    Glad you got them sorted.
    Robin – Suspension Centre Manager

Looks like I did! I ordered them yesterday and hopefully in store for me to collect today. Thanks Robin.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Just arrived in store!

**On way to collect** 😀

trickydisco
    Free Member

must admit the Bristol store is actually really good. There are some knowledgeable people in there and always had good experience.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Evans Cycles – The best service I've had in years!’ is closed to new replies.