Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Evans cycles suspension service
  • 3rock
    Free Member

Anyone any experience using them, at 65 for forks and 45 for shocks a lot cheaper than tft and mojo in these credit-crunchy times. Try restraint on the anti-corporate diatribes if y’all can, would like to get feedback from people who have actually had the work done by them.

mrfrosty
    Free Member

They prob cant do a full service i.e charge with nitrogen and get some of the parts required for a full service- some part will only be available from the makers to the service centers

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Evans = Shite. Avoid.

steelfan
    Free Member

The guy from Evans suspension service up in Kendal is sometimes on here. If you bump it a couple of times he may reply.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Ring the Kendal Branch, ask for Robin.

CaptainFlashheart = Shite. Avoid.

steelfan
    Free Member

Yeah thats it Robin Walker tel 0870 142 0104

3rock
    Free Member

Thanks for that so far. Any other views gratefully received…

akira

All the suspension guys are fully trained and pretty good, Captain Flashheart presumably you’ve had your forks serviced there and been unhappy with the work? Let me know the problems you had and I’ll pass them onto Robin.

RicB

They prob cant do a full service i.e charge with nitrogen

Does anyone know this for certain? My rp23 is due for a full service…

crazy-legs

They have the full tools/spares etc for almost all brands of fork and shock and Robin is not only a fully Cytech accredited mechanic but he’s done all the training supplied by the shock companies too. Excellent mechanic.

Best bet is simply to call him: 01539 740087 is the shop number, ask to speak to Robin Walker.

Someone else posted a thread on here a few weeks ago about Evans Suspension service (before having his forks done) then posted again afterwards to say how good it was (obviously having ignored the “advice” from Capt Flash!)

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

my mate worked for evans for a bit and I they did a good job on his forks/shock. I think they generally post off to their workshop in gatwick, where I believe they have all the bits and pieces they need to do the job.

May take a bit of time, but I have heard no bad reports, and mojo/TFT are wincingly expensive..

rolymo
    Free Member

i’ve recently dropped a set of pace forks with rob, he does all the suspension servicing for evans and is a busy chap from what he was saying.

need to book them in well in advance. he struck me as very knowledgable and keen to help. evans aren’t just using anyone to do the job.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

SEE BELOW OLD THREAD, STILL WAITING FOR c_klien87 to tell us how he got on

Hi c_klein87 ,

I am the technician that runs and manages the Suspension Service Centre for Evans Cycles.
    Having read the above posts and seen that very few responses are actually relevant to your original question i have a simple solution.
    I will be happy to carry out a full service on your Pace fork completely free of charge so that you can see for yourself the quality of the service i offer.
    My purpose built workshop is fully stocked with all the spares from Pace, Rockshox, Manitou, Marzocchi, Fox, Headshok, and Lefty.
    Every suspension service from our 31 stores is carried out here by me and most work is done within 48 hrs.
    If you wish to take me up on this offer you can call me directly at the Suspsension Service Centre and i’ll be happy to discuss this with you further.

Regards

Robin Walker.
    Manager of Suspension Servicing @ Evans Cycles
    Tel. 0870 142 0104

POSTED 2 MONTHS AGO # REPORT-POST

takisawa2

Wonder if they can do Fox (Spesh’) brain shocks…?
    TF Cant & it had to go back to Mojo last time…£130 FFS!!!

crazy-legs

c_klein87 posted on a separate thread saying how pleased he was with the service. I was in the Kendal branch a week or so after that thread, Robin siad the guy had called him to say thanks and had since recommended the service to a couple of his mates.

crazy-legs
    brownpants
    Free Member

My Scott Genius TC shock was great – and back with 48 hrs for £48 – I can’t fault that.
    My forks will be going there for sure if I’m feeling lazy. Top service

theflatboy
    Free Member

well i never would have thought of evans as worth my cash for such a thing, as no doubt is an obstacle they often have to deal with, but i will remember this info as and when.

3rock
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, I’ll give you a ring Robin. Will prob be sending fork and shock off together (i’ll pay for 1 of them!)

3rock
    Free Member

Ah, just realised that offer of free service was to someone else 2 months ago… Sounds like worth a punt anyway. I’ll let folds know how suspension service at Evans went

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Evans cycles suspension service’ is closed to new replies.