Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Evans cycles "Ride It" South Wales MTB event
  • dynebaruk
    Free Member

Has anyone done this before? I’ve signed up with some mates for the long course which is supposed to be 54km/ 1300m of climbing.

What should I expect… Lots of fireroad or singletrack? Good descents? etc.

Cheers

Link to event

thomthumb
    Free Member

never done one in wales but done a few southern england ones.

obviously they have to keep it legal; so no footpaths/ cheeky trails.
    TRhe rides i have done have always been good fun.

markshires
    Free Member

I’ve done a few of the Northern ones, and they are generally good routes particularly if you don’t know the area. The routes vary depending on where they are, as the Peaks one was better than the Leeds one (imo). I should imagine the wales one will be a pretty good route.

As thomthumb says though they have to keep it legal, so expect a bit more link up road sections.

The feed stations are good though, and you can stock up on enough Hi5 energy gels for free to keep you going a while.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

Looking at the route, it looks like it’s about half road with most of the rest fire road, cycle path or stony jeep trails. I think there’s a bit of moorland in there too which last time I did it was a total mess – but that was many years ago.

I have to say the course doesn’t look great.

dynebaruk
    Free Member

Molgrips,

That was my concern, even though it’s described as having “downhill swoops”, “exhilarating forest trails”, “awesome single track” and “demanding terrain”.

molgrips
    Free Member

If I were riding it I’d take my fully rigid bike.

dynebaruk
    Free Member

Argh. I hope it’s not that bad a course. I’ve got one bike and it’s a stumpjumper.

salad_dodger

Treat it as a day out with your mates riding an area you haven’t been to before. You’ll have a great time irrespective of the bike you’re riding.

dynebaruk
    Free Member

That’s the plan. It’s the first event for us so we’ll enjoy it however it turns out I’m sure. We can’t complain for £22 with a £10 nutrition pack thrown in anyway!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Evans cycles "Ride It" South Wales MTB event’ is closed to new replies.