Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Evans Cycles 'own brand' bikes – the Pinnacle Iroko – Bike snobs do not read.
  • motozulu
    Free Member

These look real good value – has anyone got one or know anyone that has?
    I’m tempted.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pinnacle/iroko-1-2013-mountain-bike-ec044224#features

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I don’t know about that particular model, but a local club has got one or two of the Pinnacle cx bikes & they seem pretty good.
    A bit on the heavy side, but ride well enough.

motozulu
    Free Member

Strange how many bike sites are so shy about posting the bikes weight is’nt it? I wonder why this is when it’s a pretty important criteria to most bike buyers? a few do but not many.
    Could mean a trip into Brum to have a look at my nearest Evans and do the ‘pick the bike up’ check. 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

They aren’t available until February according to Evans website.

Personally I’d rather get one of the Giant XTC’s that Pauls Cycles are selling for less money or one of the bargain Giant Anthem X3’s they have for under £1k!

Or this really well kitted Scott Scale 40 for the same price with a better fork, better groupset and undoubtably lighter.
    http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b0s2p3222

motozulu
    Free Member

There are some great deals out there – leisurelakes are doing the cube reaction pro for £999 too. Unfortunately, as I’m buying through the cycle2work, I can’t take advantage of the deals – book price only. Our scheme starts in February so I’ll have a look at the Iroko then.

neninja
    Free Member

Pauls Cycles do the Cycle2work I think

akira

2012 iroko two, good price and look very fetching in the orange. Two guys at work have got them, nice spec the money.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

They still do the 2012 version in orange…

Evans do let you get the discounted price on ride 2 work scheme. I’ve just done it.

Shops running cyclescheme generally don’t but if its Evan’s own ride to work scheme then you can get all the discounted/sale bike prices.

warton
    Free Member

grin-inducing handling

Is there a law I’m unaware of that means you have to put this into a description of a bike?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Strange how many bike sites are so shy about posting the bikes weight is’nt it?

Generally because no one is ever honest,

Does it include pedals
    Is it a medium/large/xx-small etc.

To the OP I’ve ridden a few Pinnacles, They have all been great bikes. Even the fugly bachelor fixie commuter i had for a while.

motozulu
    Free Member

thanks for the replies. I’m thinking of getting one in Feb – the Iroko 2 looks great bit of kit. Akira – do your workmates rate them? are they heavy or acceptable? Cheers in advance.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Thread resurrection!
    Did you get an Iroko in the end? I’m thinking about one at the moment…

stanfree
    Free Member

Genuinley dont think that’s good value tbh.
    I’d go for a last years model from Paul’s cycles for a Giant or failing thats rose bikes or Canyon. Even On One are better specc;d for the cash.

edhornby

get the scandal 29er and save 200 quid with the same fork, better gears and better wheels, probably lighter

MrSalmon
    Free Member

The Iroko is available on finance though and the others aren’t. There is that 2012 Genesis Core someone linked to a couple of weeks ago though which has this ‘pay4later’ option- anyone ever used that?

jameso

Approx 27.3lbs complete, not sure why that didn’t end up on the site sorry. That’s from the factory and I think includes reflectors, bell etc, so there’s some weenie weight loss for free )
    (Evans staffer here)

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Aren’t you supposed to be in Canada James?

motozulu
    Free Member

Mr Salmon! top resurrection!

No, in the end I got the 2012 Cube Reaction Pro from Leisurelakes on the C2W scheme, better specced and lighter than the Iroko, cheaper too.

Glad I did too – a lovely bike, very light which I’ve tweaked so’s it’s now not just an XC madman but is good on the red trails too.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Evans Cycles 'own brand' bikes – the Pinnacle Iroko – Bike snobs do not read.’ is closed to new replies.