Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Evans cycles now doing price match
  • Bimbler
    Free Member
    BoardinBob

This should be interesting.

They wouldn’t match the prices on their own website a few weeks ago when I went in to buy an item. £5 cheaper on the website but they couldn’t charge that in-store…

crazy-legs

If you buy the current issue of Cycling Weekly there’s a voucher on the front for an extra 10% off *everything* at Evans (bikes/kit/sale stuff the whole lot). Valid til 8th March.
    Evans have always done price matching, they’ve just never shouted about it and there have always been certain conditions attached (must be in stock/local etc etc).

james
    Free Member

“Comparison value includes delivery charges”

Does this mean they’ll match other peoples price plus P&P, and then charge their own postage?

qwerty
    Free Member

mebbe – but i bet they can’t match the customer service, after sales service of knowledge of ya lbs

bigrich

word on the street is evans have been blacklisted by several distributors.

must be true, a man in the pub told me.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Guy from work is getting a roadie groupset from evans and they matched Merlins price.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

i heard a rumour that they are in a bit of financial bother at the moment???

vinnyeh

I heard a rumour that they’re starting to use their financial muscle to make a run against the big online places – online and instore.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Lot of evans rumours flying about here!

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

i heard a rumour that they were going to stop selling bikes and become a strip clubs 🙂

allyharp

They definitely seem to have changed their attitude recently. For online stock at least. Introduced free delivery and there was a definite increase in the amount of special deals.

About time they started using their size and muscle to pass on cheap prices to the customers.

jae
    Free Member

oh the struggle.f”*k them…let the good,solid bike shops avoid the nonsence and debris.
    good bike shops give good prices,service,and aftersales support.thats what my bike shop is all about.and i defend that on the sales floor that i work every day (for many years) on a daily basis.

colnagokid

I heard a rumour… they were actually going to serve you in the shop, no wait that would be going too far

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Evans cycles now doing price match’ is closed to new replies.