Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Evans Cycles mail order = rubbish
  • scruff
    Free Member

Ordered some discounted XT brakes on 28th April, they didn’t arrive, no tracing of postage, nothing, had to chase them 4 times, no return calls or emails as promised. I was eventually given a new order to replace those- will arrive within a week I was told, but nothing for 9 days, chased today and they are now not in stock and are discontinued.

After hanging around in a que I got through to sales who couldn’t really offer me anything any good as an alternative, as anything of similar value/quality was not in stock.

I gave up and got a refund.

Rubbish. Please feel free to add your own p1ss poor experience of Evans Mail order.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

My most recent experience wasn't too bad actually!

Went to Evans Manchester Chill Factor-e for a seatpost clamp, didn't have a 30mm in stock, no problem, got one in main warehouse, will order & send out, give it 5 days. This was wednesday last week. New clamp arrived in post last friday.

Contrasts with the internet order for some XTR cables that took >1 week to arrive.

vinnyeh

Ordered a Joplin seatpost and remote off them, probably about the same time, £103. Arrived three days later.

Guess they only had a few in stock. £65 an end for XT at Ribble at the moment, a bit more, but still good

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sailor74
    Free Member

i ordered a helmet once that took 6 weeks to arrive despite the website saying 5 days, it was a supplier issue so not their fault but nobody bothered to let me know either by way of a call or email, nor were my emails answered.

I have since been to the gatwick warehouse at least 3 times to buy some bits that were advertised online as 'in stock at the warehouse', they werent!

i_am_JC
    Free Member

A couple of times when I've ordered stuff from them they've arrived quickly and correctly. But it's how they deal with mistakes that really matters.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Evans Cycles mail order = rubbish’ is closed to new replies.