• This topic has 31 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Eurovision Song Contest – Tactical voting
  • Harry_the_Spider

The Russians got booed in the semi finals last night despite being represented by a blonde teenage twin girls. I wonder how the former Soviet Bloc will vote, especially those from the southern end of it where Putin’s Panzers are revving their engines and the paratroopers are buffing their webbing.

I predict a win on Saturday for Ukraine followed by protracted and bloody war. Or, if the likes of Moldova and Azerbaijan score the Russians highly (out of kiss-ass fear), I predict a Scandinavian win. Followed in the southern former Soviet Republics by protracted and bloody war.

UK will finish in the bottom third, as will Germany and France because everybody hates us and we are too honest to vote politically.

Iceland will do well because they are good looking, a bit weird, are not seen as a threat and the rest of us think that they spend their free time drinking heavily and have kinky sex near volcanos.

Beer and crisps on the shopping list and a house full of friends coming round to watch the spectacle unravel.

The quality of the songs is largely irrelevant. Bring it on.

binners

Are you sure you’re not… well….. you know? You definitely seem to help them out at least one weekend a year?

Oh… and Ukranine are nailed on winners this year, even if they just came on and played white noise, and screamed through a foghorn into a shipping container. I predict some former soviet republics getting their gas supplies cut off on monday morning

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The political argy bargy has started already!

The whole thing is a farce, albeit a mildly entertaining one. I value the hours too much to watch though.

CountZero

Tactical voting? Never! It’s always based entirely on talent and the best possible song.

binners

We don’t watch the songs either. On account of them being universally bloody awful. But we predict the results (all on political grounds) and watch them come in.

I might put some money on Ukraine actually. My cousin put £20 on Turkey to win when we’d just invaded Iraq, as everyone would just placate the Muslim nation they’d just refused to let join the EU again. He got 25-1. They won. Not a bad nights work that.

andytherocketeer

Watched Lordi on Youtube last night. Not been a better song for years, although last years Greek Ska was a slightly entertaining effort.

My prediction is we’ll give Ireland 12 (certainly at least 8 ) and they might give us the 3 points we need to not be “Royaume Uni nil points”.

edhornby

it costs the BBC 310k a year to be a permanent member of the eurovision, maybe it’s time to apply for Patten’s newly vacant position… hmmmmm

Harry_the_Spider

What odds can you get on Ukraine?

Cougar

If only there was some sort of easily accessible electronic information system where we could find that out! Oh, wait.

http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/eurovision

Ten to one, apparently.

Harry_the_Spider

Not through a works computer though!

Northwind

My brother’s out there right now, he’s been to one of the semis and I think he’s going to the final too. The only heterosexual in the village.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Very rare best song dosn’t win, people who say it’s fixed talk twaddle.
    Israel entry 1998 sung by a transexual, rest my case and yes i was strangley attracted.

Cougar

Not through a works computer though!

Damn you and your reasonable objections.

binners

I’ve had a punt on Ukraine at 10-1. Ideally, I’m hoping Putin carpet bombs the place on Friday night

richmars

buffing their webbing.

Sorry to be a pain, but you don’t buff webbing, you apply blanco to it.

Harry_the_Spider

Waxing their bayonets?

scaredypants

you mean

paratroopers are buffing their webbing

isn’t a euphemism ? 😯

richmars

Sorry, I retract my comment. Further research shows that webbing used to be made of leather, which you can buff.
    Back to the Eurovision Song Contest.

(Netherlands look good to me.)

Harry_the_Spider

The Russia entry.

They’ll have to do something utterly disgusting to avoid nul points.

Cougar

We can but hope.

richmars

They’ll have to do something utterly disgusting

I hope so.

rusty90
    Free Member

They’ll have to do something utterly disgusting to avoid nul points

Who do I send suggestions to? 🙂
    Every year we have an assortment of neighbours up to watch Eurovision together, accompanied by lashings of alcohol. An excellent evening’s entertainment.

Harry_the_Spider

Maybe it won’t be Iceland’s year after all.

But now we know where Angus Deayton has been hiding.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    The Russians got booed,I predict a win for Ukraine, Or I predict a Scandinavian win.
    UK will finish in the bottom third, as will Germany and France because everybody hates us and we are too honest to vote politically.

Iceland will do well because they are good looking, a bit weird, are not seen as a threat and the rest of us think that they spend their free time drinking heavily and have kinky sex near volcanos.

The quality of the songs is largely irrelevant. Bring it on.

Not much of a FIFY, but I do wonder if you’ve ever watched Eurovision before??

I think not.

I predict the Gay Transvestite will win again.

richmars

I predict the Gay Transvestite will win again.

But which one?

martinhutch

Well, I’m voting for Beardy McAxerson and the Timothy Claypoles.

Unfortunately, the fat bloke singing about his Belgian mum didn’t get through yesterday. Travesty!

grum
    Free Member

We don’t watch the songs either. On account of them being universally bloody awful.

That’s the whole point you fool!

chewkw
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member

The Russia entry.

They don’t look very Russian those twins.

The one on the right got the David Coulthard jaw line … ewwwweehhh …

😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

They’ll have to do something utterly disgusting

Apart from sing ?
    I fail to see why , even post ironic piss up, anyone could endure this shit

Harry_the_Spider

and that is why you haven’t got an invite to my Eurovision party.

Northwind

chewkw – Member

The one on the right got the David Coulthard jaw line … ewwwweehhh …

Probably one of his million children.

DezB
    Free Member

I fail to see why , even post ironic piss up, anyone could endure this shit

Yes indeed. Plenty of better ways to spend the hours than watching annoying rubbish.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Eurovision Song Contest – Tactical voting’ is closed to new replies.