Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Eurostar Customer Services / Bikes & Transport etc..
  • stevemalone
    Free Member

Hi,

This is bike related really but.. I’m off to Germany in July, aiming to ride from Frankfurt to Berlin taking in only 4-5hr sleep stops every 24 hrs. I’m following a ‘U’ route, Stuttgart, Munich, Neur’bg, Leipzig, Berlin etc.. All raising cash for Action Medical Research..

I cocked up my train booking, attempting to carry out a simple task whilst working a night shift was foolish, I also bought a non-transferable ticket. Upon waking in a sweaty panic and realising my error I called up and was told by a very polite lady that sadly I was out of luck and would need to get another ticket, I did not mention any of the charity stuff etc..

A quick e mail explaining that yes, I’m an idiot and yes I know it’s non-transferable; but it’s a charity ride, self funded and I’m skint.

Check this reply:

Hello Steve,

You sound slightly mad to be honest, that’s a long way!

Okay now as a rule we would not allow any such change but you have made me feel sorry for you!
    As a good will gesture we can change the ticket once only, if the fare has increased you will need to pay the difference. Also as a one off we will not charge you the fees.

Please can you check your six letter booking reference, the one on here is missing a letter.

To go ahead with the change, you need to call 08432 186186 (0044 1233 617575 from abroad, as soon as possible.
    We are open between 09:00 – 17:00 at the weekend and 08:00 – 19:00 Monday – Friday.

Kind Regards

Kate

———————————————–

This is a massive firm, carrying 1000’s of people every day. TBH I expected a ‘sorry about that but it’s going to be another £109, we will knock off £10 as a gesture’ or similar. This would have left using some nasty airline for £50, kicking out about 2 tonnes of extra Co2 and probably having to pay 9 million quid for the luxury of sitting down and taking a carrier bag with me. And… Door to door, including getting to London Village and transfers, overall it’s quicker than flying.

Bravo Eurostar!

I think my trip to Avingon this year will defo be on Eurostar!

*** I don’t work for them and am in no way linked to the firm, I was just amazed by this given my past dealings with airlines, who have been terrible ***

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Good to hear about good customer service these days 🙂

Liftman

Good first non classifieds post, welcome to the forum 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Eurostar Customer Services / Bikes & Transport etc..’ is closed to new replies.