Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Eurosport? Eurobo**ocks more like.
  • barnsleymitch
    Free Member

What is it with these people? I've just sat down to watch Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico, both of which I've been recording over the past week, only to discover that more often than not, some bell end has fannied about with the scheduling, and replaced the cycling with live indoor vole tormenting from Brussels or some such crap!

nonk
    Free Member

totaly agree mate does my head in.

Dougal
    Free Member

<begins standard eurosport response>
    By the very nature of live sport we cannot always guarantee that things won't run on. Eurosport is not watched only by cycling fans, it is for all sports fans, and sometimes we need to make concessions for other sports.
    </begins standard eurosport response>

Bah!

mtbfix

I believe that the Czechs are the firm favourites in the Vole Torment Champs this year. They waggle a stick down a burrow like no others.

tonyg2003

isn't this the British sport problem. You invent a sport (rugby, cricket, football, indoor vole tormenting) and along comes Johnny Foreigner and beats you at it.

PS. Eurosports scheduling royally pisses me off too.

tracknicko
    Free Member

sky plussed it all. not had any issues… does sky plus auto switch the start time?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Karel Danilewicz should be tested NOW – he was obviously doping in that last round, and to be frank, the vole looked a bit iffy as well.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"sky plussed it all. not had any issues… does sky plus auto switch the start time?"
    I recorded it on Eurosport HD, dont know if the times / scheduling are any different.

headfirst
    Free Member

Its the Romanians with their new carbon fibre/graphite composite sticks you've got to watch out for…Huja Nikabolokov is the man in form

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Carbon fibre sticks, etc, are all well and good, but for true mastery of the sport, check out the plucky young american Norman 'the volemeister' Hendrickson. His waggling is a little questionable at times, but his whispered insults and crude sexual taunts at the vole are taking the sport to a whole other level. Go Norman!

Haze

Had similar problems last year with the late night Vuelta coverage. After a days worth of (sometimes) live sport you could almost guarantee the timings would be out and the EPG hadn't been updated.

Ending up setting the V+ box to record either side of it, worked out well mostly.

Notter
    Free Member

I hear there's a "garden shed" type operation fabricating sticks out of Reynolds 853.

Provides much better vole feedback, steel is real people….

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Just checked the listings for next week, and am setting my sky plus now. Live from a bus shelter in Wakefield, the final of the 'drinking your own body weight in white lightning then shouting at things that arent really there' championships.

FuzzyWuzzy

I recorded most of the Paris-Nice stages (but did it each day) on Eurosport HD and all seemed fine apart from the last stage that got cut off early. Tirreno-Adriatico seems mostly right to, although I would agree that in general Eurosport is scheduled by monkeys.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I think I made the mistake of setting it to 'series record' when given the option. Arse!

nickc

Don't worry the Paris Nice was quite dull. I'm looking forward to the A5 holding the "International Invitational Digging a dirty big hole in the road and Staring into it" Championships. I hear it's on Eurosport 2

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Doesnt even come close to the 'scratching your arse while staring into the middle distance and pondering the pointlessness of your dull existence' series.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Eurosport? Eurobo**ocks more like.’ is closed to new replies.