Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • European DH championships
  • roughneck
    Free Member

Who won.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Nick Beer – 1st elite

Bernard Kerr – 1st Junior

Don’t know any more at the moment

brakes
    Free Member

Nick Beer – none of the big names racing

results

roughneck
    Free Member

britishcycling.org
    What was all this about then.

brakes
    Free Member

I guess most of them ride in the World Cup so not worth their while to enter – a few of those names raced

Rickos
    Free Member

Most of the World Cup top flite didn’t race. I guess they don’t really want to end up injured for a potentially bigger prize.

Once again, the commentator on Eurosport was appalling. He didn’t even realise when one bloke had a puncture and that was why he was riding slowly!

RHSno2
    Free Member

Nice one Nick Beer (who is becoming quite a big rider with the 6th in Andorra). Best name in Sport 🙂

antennae
    Free Member

The Eurosport commentator also failed to realise that one guy had lost his chain up top, despite the cameraman doing a massive closeup of his drivetrain: “he’s given up the ghost now… he really needs to pedal to get a decent result”… rider was clearly pumping down the course chainless… sigh

He also appears not to know the difference between ‘up’ and ‘down’. Someone comes down and takes the hotseat: “oh he’s done it! He’s got the fastest time! He’s 2 seconds down on the previous rider!”

Good to see it on the tellybox, but best left on mute imho. Get Warner and Fabien or Cedric on there…

MisterCrud
    Free Member

The UCI don’t recognise the European champs.
    No UCI points, no big names.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I would imagine the fact that the event clashes with Willingen Wheels Of Speed event and it’s 15k Euro prize fund is more of a reason for the lack of big name attendees at the Euros than the fact the UCI don’t recognise it.
    http://dirtmag.co.uk/news/category/events/gee-atherton-wins-wheels-of-steel/dirt-1235227.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘European DH championships’ is closed to new replies.