Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • European City of Culture
  • irc

*Of course us Scots, among with the Northern Irish, Londoners, Gibraltarians etc aren’t leaving voluntarily, we’re being forced out because the largest partner in this partnership of equals tells us to.

Actually plenty of Scots did vote leave. It was a UK wide vote and Scotland voted to stay in the UK.

If “us Scots” don’t want to accept UK wide votes we can leave the UK when/if Indyref 2 happens.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Are we not part of Europe now…..

It’s clearly just more lame propaganda.

Regardless of anything, BIG deal!

kimbers

patriotpro – Member
    Are we not part of Europe now…..It’s clearly just more lame propaganda.

The rules stipulate that you have to be EU, EEA, EFTA or looking to join, rules that we apparently voted for in 2014
    Its an EU award by an EU funded board, Leavers getting pissy about it is hilarious

estimated to have generated £750m income from £150m investment when Liverpool had it, more to the point it has left a lasting positive legacy there

kimbers

oi !

MK has a theatre district, well thats what its called

bencooper
    Free Member

Actually plenty of Scots did vote leave.

“Plenty of” is still a minority – are you denying the fact that a sizeable majority of Scots voted to stay in the EU?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Actually plenty of Scots did vote leave. It was a UK wide vote and Scotland voted to stay in the UK.

If “us Scots” don’t want to accept UK wide votes we can leave the UK when/if Indyref 2 happens.
    Well here’s a funny thing. we were told that if we voted Yes to independence, we would be kicked out of the EU (membership being held by the UK not Scotland) and have reapply for membership. There’s little doubt that many voted No to stay in the European Union. The choice many of “us Scots” (me not being one of them) was to believe the lies to told by the unionists – a bit like that £350M a week whopper told by the exiteers. A re-run of the referendum now would be interesting.

frankconway

Kimbers – MK claiming to have a theatre district is fine even if they don’t have one.
    Be thankful they don’t claim to have a Theatre or Cultural Quarter; Leeds & Sheffield are particularly keen on rebranding areas as Quarters.
    Then in Lincoln we have the Cathedral Quarter.
    What does it mean if there are more than 4 quarters?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Are we not part of Europe now…..

Been done and I assume you can read a map and then read the eligibility criteria

It’s clearly just more lame propaganda.

I assume you voted to eave so why are you upset about bringing back control and svaing £350 m per week?

Obviously you dont care at all hence why you moaned on a thread about it

kimbers

oh it turns out captain blunderpants advised cities NOT to pull out of eu culture capital bids, despite gov warnings

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/12/boris-johnson-raises-concerns-as-government-considers-abandoning/

GrahamS

What does it mean if there are more than 4 quarters?

Culture!

Or more specifically, too many arts degrees 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Ah, if only Boris’ old man had pulled out.

However of all the miserable consequences of Brexit, this is pretty low on the shit-list TBF.

sadmadalan

*Of course us Scots, among with the Northern Irish, Londoners, Gibraltarians etc aren’t leaving voluntarily, we’re being forced out because the largest partner in this partnership of equals tells us to.

I think you’ll find that we had one vote each. You can of course divide up the votes however you want but the majority of people in the UK voted to leave (although none of us in the household). In the same way that Scots choose to stay in the Union, with one vote each.

I hold Gove, Johnson and Farage responsible for lying to the UK and they will be held responsible. But having chosen to leave the consequences are obvious – regardless of what the idiot Brexiters are telling us.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i think you will find that post did not disprove their point.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘European City of Culture’ is closed to new replies.