• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • European car breakdown insurance.
  • Ambrose

We’re driving to Les Gets next week. Bikes will be outside of the car FWIW. Any suggestions about the best cover available. I’m an AA member (20 yrs + ) but they are seemingly the most expensive.

Best deal so far seems to be Green Flag Silver, booked through Eurobreakdown.com http://www.eurobreakdown.com/searchResults.aspx?r=9&CoverFor=1&Adults=1&PolicyType=1&StartDate=04/08/2014&EndDate=23/08/2014&Vehicle=1&Age=1&Area=1&SpecialPolicyType=1&Towing=0&moreThen10=0&insForTowing=0&voucherCode=

bland

Axa is £26 for 10 days, bargain

axa euro cover

Ambrose

Nice one, well done that man. Do you know the details of the cover?

steveh

I’ve just gone with qdos. 35 quid for two weeks for my crafter camper. Cover seems very good too with no excess, paid for repairs etc.

Mugboo

Do these cheaper policies repatriate your car/van if the worst happens? Cambelt, etc?

deadkenny
    Free Member

If you’re using Eurotunnel you can book cover at the same time. Not sure how it compares for price though, but does have repatriation and emergency accommodation.

Ambrose

Some seem to offer repatriation or travel to destination, whichever is closest which could leave you stuck in the ‘wrong’ place on your outward journey. Also- does ‘repatriation’ include the full journey home (in my case, Carmarthenshire) or just to e.g. Dover, Ramsgate or similar?

I’m particularly keen to know if vehicle hire costs in the event of a breakdown whilst abroad are covered and if so, for how much. Is this what is known as ‘onward travel’?

jota180
    Free Member

A mate’s bike broke down in Southern France earlier in the year

ADAC delivered a hire car (not ideal for a bike holiday) to the hotel and arranged for the bike to be collected and taken to a dealer.
    We were due to return home a few days later so he had to drive the hire car to Calais. There was another car waiting for him at Dover.
    about a week later they delivered his bike back to him.

Apart from supplying a car, the service was top class and didn’t cost him a penny.

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

this timed perfectly as I need cover for later this month, followed bland’s link and their site wont accept any of my cards. Anyone else had a problem with it?

Ambrose

I’ve gone for the AXA deal. It seems to fit everything that I want- apart from wanting a medical certificate for a second driver! No time for that now, we leave tomorrow for three weeks in France. Ho hum- I like driving, which is just as well it seems.

hora
    Free Member

Will look at AXA cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘European car breakdown insurance.’ is closed to new replies.