Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • European Breakdown Cover.
  • granny_ring

Need cover for a 12 day trip to France and maybe another couple of days trips later in the year.
    Car is pretty old, 2000 so not worth a lot.
    Anything recommended?

taxi25
    Free Member

I used AXA for my last trip.

wilburt
    Free Member

There’s often an age limit for the cars and private recovery firms are not allowed on French toll roads.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Normally the limit is 10 year old cars, if it’s not worth much they would probably just recover you and your stuff rather than the car too.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We used CoOp a few weeks ago. £34 for a 10 day cover for breakdown, reasonable level of cover too.

By comparison, RAC were £79, admittedly their cover was better but not twice as better.

With them both there was a clause that if recovery costs outstripped the cost of the car, the car wouldn’t be recovered! They’d pay out though.

granny_ring

Thanks so far, will look into those suggested.
    I had read somewhere that the recovery limit was to the value of the car and even though it’s not worth a lot I still want to have some sort of cover.

granny_ring

Read a couple of older posts before starting this thread and ADAC has been mentioned, I looked on their site and couldn’t make head or tail of it.
    How does it work, is it just recovery & repair costs except cost of parts?

steveh

qdos were the best i found for our trip a few weeks ago.

jota180
    Free Member

I have ADAC, found it pretty straight forward to understand

Some details here

http://www.joysofeuropeancaravanning.co.uk/adacbreakdownservice.htm

If anyone wants the TCs in English, I can email them

jon1973
    Free Member

I pay about £100 / year for full UK cover and euro cover up to 30 days at a time with Green Flag.

granny_ring

Yes please jota.

granny_ring

Jesus, cover for a 12 day trip is coming up at around £70odd on a few sights. Must be as car is 14 yrs old?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just check that it’s actually covered, I’ve seen small print that takes payment but excludes cars over 10 years.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘European Breakdown Cover.’ is closed to new replies.