Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • European breakdown cover
  • johnny_met
    Free Member

I’m with the RAC at the moment for UK cover which includes Roadside repair and relay (tow me home if cannot be fixed). They don’t have a similar European option. Are there any other companies that do? Or are there any other options? Thanks

nemesis
    Free Member

I recently signed up with Start and the option I chose included it (which was one of the reasons I signed up). I think that they do it as a separate option though.

Pyro

I’m off to the Alps for a couple of weeks kayaking and got a short-term breakdown policy through QDOS. Worked out about £55 for the fortnight, which’ll be split between the three of us in the car.

takisawa2

Direct Line (using Green Flag) have always worked out cheaper for me.

johnny_met
    Free Member

Bump

welshfarmer

Ring the ADAC in Germany and ask to be connected tot he lady who speaks English. Loads and loads of people are joining from the UK. Costs about 100 euros but gives full EU and North African cover for the year for any vehicle you or your family own or any vehicle you or your spouse may be travelling in. Very popular with the Campervan crowd who spend a lot of time abroad as they have no limit on age and size of vehicle. I am with the Auto Club Europa, also a German company and astually cheaper than ADAC but I don’t know how good their English customer service would be. When I moved back here from Germany and popped in to the office and was reassured that living in the UK was not a problem for their service as they use local partners throughout Europe. Their nice monthly magazine drops through my door and always makes interesting reading.

The ADAC even have an english website now. They recovered a friend of mine and his family and trailer from the pyrennes no problem

http://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/adac_membership/

wwpaddler
    Free Member

I’ve successfully used vehicle rescue direct a couple of times for European breakdown cover.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Are you driving via the tunnel? If so Eurotunnel booking includes an option for breakdown cover which I bought last year. Didn’t seem too much. Single trip though. Seems they do have annual cover available. Not sure on recovery back to uk. They tow to a nearby garage, though the benefits also mention recovery of vehicle to uk. They also mention provision of a hire car.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘European breakdown cover’ is closed to new replies.