Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • European Bike Holiday In April
  • singlespeedstu

Looking to go away for a week in April.
    We were thinking of Spain but Ciclo is over in Moroco the week we want to go and Switchbacks are full.
    Have considered Madeira but flights seem expensive.
    Any other suggestions?

singlespeedstu

No one got any thing to say on this?

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Molini will be great then

yiman
    Free Member

Majorca
    Canary Islands

wallop

MTB Beds in Finale?

gaze
    Free Member

The Sierra Espuna near to Murcia , Spain.

I went for 5 days at the end of September it was ace.

Stayed in a camp site in El Berro. There’s a local guide who lives nearby .
    The riding was ace.The restaurants are really cheap.

singlespeedstu

cupid stunt – Member
    Molini will be great then

Though I loved the riding in Molini I’m really not sure I can cope with the sleep deprivation that the church bells every 15 minutes night and day give you. 😐
    Is there a weeks worth of riding round your way and would you do us a special private opening for 4 or 5 at the end of april to celebrate my 50th? 😉
    I’m hoping for some good holiday sex as Amanda always sends me a postcard to tell me how much better holiday sex is. 😆

enmac
    Free Member

Have you looked at Ride Sierra Nevada. They ride on the Grenada side of the mountains compared to Ciclo and Switchbacks. I would say, if anything the trails are better than on the South side. Weather may be a little warmer as well.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Based right on the beach with plenty of Winter sun to enjoy.
    Stunning singletrack rides with plenty of bus uplift during the day & fun après-bike on the coast at night.
    Just 540 Euros for a packed week! Still have limited space in April.
    Sierra MTB

singlespeedstu

No thanks Alan.
    Mrs stu has ridden with you before and I don’t think you’re what we’re looking for…

fathomer

Might not be warm enough, haven’t looked but what about the Pyrenees? Had a week, my first not on these shores, with Altitude Adventure at the end of September and it was amazing!

Fat-boy-fat

Lavatrax in Tenerife?

orangespyderman

Might not be warm enough

That may not be the only issue. The weather can be pretty random and vary from one extreme to the other in April. Get lucky and you’ll love it but if you don’t…

I kinda read the OP as looking to minimise the weather risk – just not sure the Pyrenees would do that in April.

fathomer

^^ fair enough, like I said, hadn’t looked so will bear in mind for any future trips I may take 😀

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Come to us in S Cataluña,we’ve got a 3 bed apt and I’ll be your guide for a week. Hundreds of km of fabulous trails and usually good weather in April. E mail in profile. We’re doing this professionally and can promise you a brill time.

singlespeedstu

You got a website piston?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Not yet, if you drop me an email, I’ll send you all the details and some photos. We’re just getting going, have a look on Bearbones re a trip I organised in early May, Spanish C2C written by Dave Barter. Riding here is mainly cross country with lots of singletrack, ranging from sea level to around 1300m, pine forests and open hillsides.

davidisaacs
    Free Member

bikingandalucia.com, Sierra Nevada, Andalucia, southern Spain, mainly xc, best weather in mainland Europe, flights into Malaga and Granada, https://bikingandalucia.com/mountain-biking/typical-ride-profiles-with-biking-andalucia/

nasher
    Free Member

Though I loved the riding in Molini I’m really not sure I can cope with the sleep deprivation that the church bells every 15 minutes night and day give you.

Those freaking bells, been such contentious issue, but finally they have switched them off in the eve, The 7am one is still mental.

We are doing different trips next year as well as a new beach location.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Orangespyderman, the weather on the south side of the Pyrenees should be pretty perfect in April. Sounds like the op has plenty of choice but just to clear that up. It’s very different from the north of the Pyrenees to the south.

stwhannah

Altea? Chipps is a fan of the road riding round there and last year discovered trails with these guys too Enduro land Costa Blanca

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Couple of guys I know swear by Nava freeride, not far from Riviera, they’re over there now. Looks ace.

singlespeedstu

Thanks for the suggestions.
    We’ve been in touch with Enduroland Costa Blanca but they’ve not replied.
    Nasher.
    Thanks for the info.
    I’ll have another look at your site and we may well be in touch now. 🙂

nasher
    Free Member

@singlespeed Stu, new site not up yet, but if u need some info, just drop us a line

singlespeedstu

Will do.

singlespeedstu

Have emailed you nasher.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Oh god those flipping bells!!!! I’m a light sleeper so as soon as they went off that was it, wide awake. There’s approx 5 quieter bells and then 57 yes 57!!!! loud bells, a short pause and then 7 quieter bells. Then the town see it as an okay to move and start their day. Doors slamming, cars starting, motorbikes trundling past!

chakaping
    Free Member

Ask nasher about Nava Freeride, we had a great day over there on his suggestion.

smashit
    Free Member

We’ve got a bit on in April, mainly Sardinia and Andalucia:
    Skedaddle in April

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I must’ve enjoyed the local red wine too much, can’t recall the bells at all! We weren’t in the hotel mind, they had us in the big rooftop apartment down the road.

Brilliant holiday that.

Gotama
    Free Member

Glad I read this thread now as we’re out with nasher next weekend, will take earplugs 😀

nasher
    Free Member

Have emailed you nasher

Yep seen it, will respond tomorrow, totally hammered beong chased by Clemenz and Dailly

Glad I read this thread now as we’re out with nasher next weekend, will take earplugs

You will be hearing the crashing of waves instead!! See you next week

Ciao

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘European Bike Holiday In April’ is closed to new replies.