Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • European Alps map question/recommendation…..
  • alpin
    Free Member

i need to buy about a dozen 1:50,000 maps covering the alps.

i remember meeting someone last year who had a set of Italian maps that were as detailed – if not more so – than/as the German Kompass maps.

does anyone know the name of them? Google search throws up nothing….

cheers

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

You were probably looking at the Swiss ones that cover the Italian side, they're art
    carte nationale de la suisse
    carta nazionale della Svizzera

If you scroll down here, you can see what areas on the Italian side, the Swiss maps cover Swisstopos

joemarshall
    Free Member

Tabacco 1:25,000 maps are okay – tracks that are marked on them tend to exist (although they don't always mark all tracks).

Kompass do 1:50,000 maps of the Italian alps too, although not as detailed / good as the 1:25,000 maps.

I didn't see any other useful 1:50,000 maps.

Joe

alpin
    Free Member

umm… the swiss maps are very good as they are so detailed, but also expensive. I'll take a look at the Tabacco maps, but if they're all 1:25,000 it'll double the costs (gulp!).

cheers.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Stanfords have all the types of maps that I saw out there and more, even has online samples of bits of map.

http://www.stanfords.co.uk/go/italy/walking/

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Don't the Kompass maps cover Italy as well? having a look here looks like they cover part of them at least

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yes, I have the Kompass map 86 for Gran Paradiso Valle d'Aosta 1:50000

try search
    kompass carta turistica

alpin
    Free Member

yes, they cover italy, france, slovinia etc…., but the Italian maps are meant to be a good deal cheaper and just as (if not more so) detailed as the Kompass.

Kompass 1:50,000 are about 7-8€, the Italian maps about 5€ a piece.

i'll have a look at the links.

cheers guys.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘European Alps map question/recommendation…..’ is closed to new replies.