Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Europe trail destination disappointment?
  • professor_fate
    Free Member

Anyone been to a European trail area and been annoyed with restrictions as to trail access? i.e.”no bikes” signs/pissed off locals (not DH tracks but general trail riding areas)

druidh
    Free Member

Does going to England count?

professor_fate
    Free Member

Was thinking more mainland Euro-type stuff, the legalities here are pretty straightforward (even for me 😀 ).

ahwiles
    Free Member

chatel.

scaredypants

😆 Druidh

wavejumper
    Free Member

chamonix

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

druidh – Member

Does going to England count?

😆

I just pretended I was a foreigner and didn’t understand

muddyground
    Free Member

In Belgium it always seems to be hunting season – they do post signs but being from the Midlands I ignored them….. Until rounding a corner one night and there’s a grumpy looking guy, hiding in a bush with a rifle pointing up the trail and his finger on the trigger. I kind of got the message then.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Chatel +1

lucien

Try crossing the Swiss – riding on designated foot paths on mountains give them the right hump!

summitsup
    Free Member

Dolomites, Carvara, riding ok but potential for more limited by lifts showing No Bikes signs on them. Trails more geared for walking and via ferrata. Nice place though and a totally different vibe from the French biking Nirvana spots

professor_fate
    Free Member

I’m seeing a pattern emerging… best avoid Switzerland! On an alpine roadtrip a couple of years ago i did find the Grindelwald area very anti-bike,and lift restrictions in Arosa. Was contemplating the PdS area away from Morzine (Samoens?) and the Dolomites – i’d expect the Italians being more relaxed in their attitude, had a fine time in Garda 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Europe trail destination disappointment?’ is closed to new replies.