Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Euromillions going up to £2.50
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I occasionally do the lottery. I know I will never win, but a couple of quid now and again is fairly harmless.

Just got an email to say the Euromillions is going up to £2.50.

Guess I won’t even be buying them occasionally now.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

lucky escape!

jimjam
    Free Member

Just because it’s you Bongohooha I will derail this thread straight away by saying, bet on MMA. Damien Maia was 4/1 to win by submission last weekend (no brainer) so obviously I won. And I missed out on a 10 fight accumulator by 2. 8/10. Can’t remember what those odds were but they were better than 400/1.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

As it’s you, jimjam, Joe Rogan currently doing JRE podcast live with Donald Cerrone.

https://www.youtube.com/c/powerfuljre/live

p.s 4/1 on Maia winning by submission? That is very generous.

jimjam
    Free Member

bongohoohaa – Member

As it’s you, jimjam, Joe Rogan currently doing JRE podcast live with Donald Cerrone.

All over that.

p.s 4/1 on Maia winning by submission? That is very generous.

Yeah I thought so. And in hindsight it seemed insane. Prior to the fight it dropped to 3.5 but regardless, still good odds for Maia.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I am sure you’ll be missed 😉

thestabiliser
    Free Member

It is balls, when it was a quid (non euro) I’d have a punt, now I just forgoe the hope and just go straight to crying myself to sleep

jambalaya
    Free Member

By a ticket when it rolls over to say £50m+ and remember the good causes.

fifeandy
    Free Member

The thing i find most astonishing is that there was a poll on the Euromillions website asking people what they thought and 77% said they didnt like the changes.

So do they cancel changes, noooo, they put up another post telling people they obviously dont understand.

Played jackpots over £50m and the super fridays before, but will be voting with my wallet now.

CountZero

The thing i find most astonishing is that there was a poll on the Euromillions website asking people what they thought and 77% said they didnt like the changes.

So do they cancel changes, noooo, they put up another post telling people they obviously dont understand.
    Kind of like referendums, ask the people what they want, then say it’s the wrong answer so there will just be more referendums until they get the right answer…

twisty

I’ve never quite understood how the EuroMillions works, the European countries pay in 2 Euros and UK £2, even with the pound sliding against the euro since Brexit that £2 is still 2.30euro, so what happens with the extra 0.30euro do the UK winners get higher pay outs or are UK punters paying more for the same winnings as other countries?

Apparently the cost is also going up to 2.50euro for the other countries so they are paying in 0.50euro more vs UK paying in ~0.60euro more – maybe the 0.10euro difference is to cover the weaker euro value of the uk winnings contributions.

BTW apparently can still take a punt on Euromillions draw for £2 at LottoLand

jimster01

Stopped doing the lottery when they increased the number of balls and the price, had enough trouble getting three numbers out of forty nine.

hora
    Free Member

‘Remember the good causes’. I still marvel out how this snippet makes us all forget that its gambling and a easy route to slip new customers in to something that can be addictive and devasting. I know someone addicted to scratch cards. It’s all for a good cause though..

wilburt
    Free Member

Havent done it for years, there should be 500 x £100,000 winners not one £50m winner.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

there should be 500 x £100,000 winners not one £50m winner.

So long as 500 people match the numbers there will be, unless your buying a raffle/premium bonds type ticket it won’t work

wilburt
    Free Member

It could be done in a way that would work by increasing the probability of whatever match you need to win to the required levels. Cant see it being that difficult.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If you want to increase the number of winners etc the best way is to make it a draw for winners not a number lottery. Probability will help along they way but the odds are such that winning is hard even at the lower levels.

votchy
    Free Member

The odds of winning are also increasing as they are increasing the lucky stars from 11 to 12 so costs more with less chance of winning, just like happened with the national lottery which now has smaller jackpots due to the reduced number of participants

footflaps

Given Camelot’s profit margin is a fixed percentage as is the amount given to charity, it doesn’t really make any difference overall….

jambalaya
    Free Member

Havent done it for years, there should be 500 x £100,000 winners not one £50m winner.

People don’t work like that, they wouldn’t sell nearly as many tickets. It’s well documented. I would not play for a £100k jackpot, nor for £1 million. I got close to only playing Euro Millions. Thats why they put ticket prices up and increase the number of balls so reduce chances of winning as its the jackpot size which sells tickets

Lotto breakdown is

55% prize fund
    25% good causes
    12% sales tax
    4% retailers
    4% lottery operator

Of good causes approx £400m goes to sport and of that £100 to elite/olympic and £300m to grass roots type stuff
    Sales tax was £900m last year

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Euromillions going up to £2.50’ is closed to new replies.