Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Eurodisney
  • takisawa2

Taking the family to Eurodisney in a few weeks, staying on a local campsite. Just looking for some info from anyone who has been before… I’ve heard that they search bags etc, to stop folk taking their own food into the parks, is this true ? If so, how feasable is heading back out of the park to picnic etc…?
    Wife is thinking of getting a 3 day pass, not for spending 3-days in the place, but to give a bit more flexibility, so we can head in after lunch one day & stay for the evening etc.
    (A day pass is working out about £50!!! Three days about £120).
    Anywhere cheaper for the tickets ?
    Cheers.

takisawa2

So nobody has ever been then…
    🙂

alfabus
    Free Member

nope. I’ve driven past it… that was unpleasant enough 😉

Dave

stevehine

We went in May; got the two park tickets – you could go in and out with those all day if you wanted to. Didn’t think the food was too overpriced; but then we were only there for a day.

Gachet
    Free Member

I had no issues taking food in last year, I think the bag search is just for security reasons. There’s a McDonalds and Starbucks in the Disney Village next to the parks which are a bit cheaper for food. There’s also a shop on the side of the railway station nearest the parks where you can buy more reasonably priced soft drink and snacks.

As for tickets, I’ve heard that the Disney Store in Paris does discounted multi-day passes but I don’t know for sure as I got my tickets as part of a discount package with hotel and eurostar.

drdjpower

We went 2 years ago. A once in a lifetime experience.

I think we had a good time overall. I’m certain we took our own food and drink in with us in bags and the pram (not blatantly, but also not hidden in body cavities or nappy bags or anything). The staff were laudably French in this respect, and similarly in their relaxed enforcement of the No Smoking policy. We don’t smoke and weren’t bothered either way, but I liked the way that the “Je ne mange pas votre shit food, j’adore les Gauloises, et que est-ce que vous going to do about it, garcon?” attitude was tolerated.

We all enjoyed picknicking outside the gates on some hilly grassy bits – it was a rare chance for the kids to play freely rather than queue up for rides. We didn’t quite apreciate how organised and regimented it all is until that moment.

The place next door to the main park (Disney Studios?) was good. So was most of it, to be honest. Not trying to put you off! Amazingly, the parades and autographs from gap-year students in furry costumes were genuine highlights.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

We went a few weeks ago. We had a baguette in the backpack along with cheese spread and pate and they did check my bag but didn’t say anything.

We stayed at a camp site at crevecoeur-en-brie.

We just had the one day there and only managed the disneyland parc and didn’t get over to the studios. The wife organised the tickets from tesco clubcard.

flicker
    Free Member

The only thing we saw confiscated when we went (2010) was alcohol. They certainly don’t confiscate food.

takisawa2

Cheers folks.

DezB
    Free Member

Take your iPod.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Eurodisney’ is closed to new replies.