Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Eurobike (and other circle-jerk trade show) coverage
  • dannyh
    Free Member

Well it’s one of those times again where every mountain bike site’s entire home page is covered by articles from a trade show. Here’s an article about a new DMR pedal, and here’s another article about the non-driveside pedal, and here’s another about the crank arm……..

All the other stuff gets lost and relegated to page 2 onwards as someone constructs yet another article about something they’ve just taken a smartphone photo of.

I know the sites are all in hock to the industry and so have to have this coverage splurge, but it still grates on me a bit.

Discuss.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Man gets grumpy about stuff….

Hopes to start an industry/bad/hate thread

Just don’t look at the home page.

I’ve seen some interesting stuff coming this year and it’s nice to see all the product launches

mikewsmith
    Free Member

This gem is of particular interest to be
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/fast-suspension-eurobike-2017.html

dannyh
    Free Member

Man gets grumpy about stuff….

Yep.

Hopes to start an industry/bad/hate thread

Nope.

Just don’t look at the home page.

I’m not an avid site searcher. If I see something that interests me on the home page I’ll click it. If everything on the home page is to do with the same thing that kind of limits it.

I’ve seen some interesting stuff coming this year and it’s nice to see all the product launches

I’m indifferent to be honest. Some stuff interests me, some doesn’t. Meh.

eddie11
    Free Member

In a perverse way I quite like watching the content generation arms race it’s turned into in the last few years as the 4 or 5 MTB magazines/websites compete to get the first image of the shiny thing up. We’ve gone from half arsed 5 day old posts of a load of random stuff to live Facebook videos in the space of five years.

nickjb
    Free Member

I think its quite interesting to see what’s coming out. This site has a mix of the banal and wacky which seems about right. Apparently next years colours are yellow and black. There’s an exclusive for you (unless you already knew from another source)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Eurobike (and other circle-jerk trade show) coverage’ is closed to new replies.