Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Euro-Pound exchange rate
  • bratty

Does anybody have any insight (preferably informed!) into what the forecasts are for the exchange rate over the next year or so? It seems to be sliding again after a bit of strength from the pound….

nickjb
    Free Member

A friend of mine does a lot of exporting and he thinks it’ll be dropping for a while.

jota180
    Free Member

Hang on a minute

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The £ will fall against the euro as a result of the govt trying to kick start growth by currency devaluation (it won’t work – it will just import a surge of inflation and worsen our problems) and the uncertainty of the UK’s position vis-a-vis the EU.

bratty

I cant see the tories actually managing to stimulate the economy at the moment either… it looks like they are just waiting for everything to work out naturally then claim the credit.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

What will work out naturally is a triple dip recession leading to a depression.

peterfile
    Free Member

ahahah 🙂

When you find out could you let me know please so that I can become extremely wealthy!

ohnohesback
    Free Member

BTW 2012 Q4 shrank by 0.3%.

footflaps

I cant see the tories actually managing to stimulate the economy at the moment either… it looks like they are just waiting for everything to work out naturally then claim the credit.

They can’t make the poor suffer if they stimulate the economy, as that might make the poor better off. They have to keep the economy in a slump to maintain their sense of ‘being better than everyone else’ and lording it over the poor (well anyone whose not a millionaire).

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Already wreaking (phew) but probably stop when/if loss of AAA is announced. Time to cover the position on that news?

OP best strategy may be to read a lot, work out the consensus and then do the opposite.

bratty

Yes, or stuck my finger in the air or toss a coin etc. I think it’s what Mervin King does.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

My view is in the short term it will slide a bit as the recent need for the £ as a “safe” currency diminishes. Long term…. I think the euro is going to decline against the pound, the dollar and just about everything else.

olddog

Edit… It will be the same as today, or higher, or lower

kimbers

uncertainty over our relationship with the EU will be a drag for a while, the yanks seemed pretty concerned about the cmds attempt to stave off the standard tory auto-destruct

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Euro-Pound exchange rate’ is closed to new replies.