Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Euro pallets…
  • bradley
    Free Member

Where can I get euro pallets from? I’d like to grab a couple (don’t mind paying a bit for them) this week for a few diy furniture ideas. Thanks.

Swelper
    Free Member

Pop down to your local industrial estate. Im sure someone will be willing to let some go free

simmy
    Free Member

Try ringing round builders yards, travis Perkins etc as they may have a few hanging around as the sand, block etc come on them.

Local industrial estate not got anyone selling them in a compound ?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CountZero

Check around local industrial estates, also look for people who buy and sell pallets.
    Where I work there are always a bunch of Europallets kicking around, although most of ours are printers pallets that our paper comes on, which are 90x75cm, IIRC.
    You shouldn’t have too much difficulty finding some.
    They’re bloody heavy, mind!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Actual euro pallets are like the copper of the scrap pallet market. Normal pallets any good? And as for builders merchants sod all is delivered on pallets bar bagged materials and plasterboard.

McHamish
    Free Member

I’ve been looking into this.

We’ve just had a kitchen fitted, and there were masses of pallets outside Howdens…I think you could go and ask them and they’ll let you fill your car.

I did a bit of research and you shouldn’t just take any old pallet, some are unsafe to use due to the way they’ve been treated. Some may have been treated using Methyl Bromide. Pallets should have an IPPC logo which will tell you whether it’s been heat treated or treated using methyl bromide.

The image below is an IPPC stamp on a pallet, the ‘MB’ bit means it was treated with methyl bromide;

Apparently it has been phased out, but you should do a bit of research to understand what the IPPC stamps mean.

Also, if the pallet looks like it’s been stained by a spillage don’t get it…you don’t know what was spilled on it.

TooTall
    Free Member

What McHamish said. Timber treatment isn’t nice and anything that has been absorbed by the wood in it’s working life could be a bit yuck when it’s off-gassing under you in your nice warm house.
    Just buy some reclaimed wood and save yourself the hassle.

singletrackmind

We get £1.50 for a good used Euro pallet . We also buy good used ones for £4.50 when the supply / demand curve works against us.
    Impregnated at manufacture with some nasty chemicals so they dont rot, at high pressure .
    Up to you , I wouldnt bother though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Euro pallets…’ is closed to new replies.