Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Euro millions time… What to do with the winnings.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Assuming that my syndicate win the lottery tonight and I’ve cleared my mortgage I’ll have £1.6m to live off. I’ll be out of work as the factory will close. 90% of the workforce will also have £1.6m and most of them cleared their mortgages when they won £4m between them a few years ago.

What amount of interest will I get per annum if I invest £1.5m?

Would it be enough to live off?

I’m a man of simple tastes so I don’t need to get a gold plated Lamborghini, a helicopter, extensive cosmetic surgery, a tiger or a Ukrainian sex slave.

iDave
    Free Member

last week I got both star numbers right, started looking at the five numbers, got first, second and third right…… then my fortune tailed off into a £30.16 abyss. i was quite annoyed. i deserved to win.

dee66
    Free Member

Surley get 5% for that much cash. That’s 75k a year OK at todays prices.
    Get your own ticket and win the lot. Everyone needs a Ukrainian sex slave 8)

kimbers

for me id buy a mountain and stick a chairlift on it and turn it into a dh bike park

id also probably build a castle on top, id quite like a castle

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Surley get 5% for that much cash.

You would get more than that – spread it across several onshore and offshore accounts and I reckon you could easily clear 12%

johnikgriff
    Free Member

What amount of interest will I get per annum if I invest £1.5m

Not as much as you think, after tax about £40k and £45k. Given around 4% ish intrest.

Also you need to think about inflation at around 4%, so you’d need re invest that amount just so your lump sum stand still 🙂

Best blow the lot and look for another job.

footflaps

Sorry to disappoint you, but I intend to win the jackpot outright tonight 😉

johnikgriff
    Free Member

You would get more than that – spread it across several onshore and offshore accounts and I reckon you could easily clear 12%

Not as easy as it sounds, I wish it was mate 😉

Andituk
    Free Member

I recommend you give it to someone who knows how to live. I mean, no sex slave? What kind of a wierdo are you..

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’d buy deadlydarcy a new wing mirror

emsz
    Free Member

iDave my biggest lottery win was £20 a few months back. I was really really excited for about 10 minutes before checking online.

Got a really nice plant with the winnings though. 😀

Harry_the_Spider

i’d buy deadlydarcy a new wing mirror

A heated one?

z1ppy

What would I do…. Enjoy myself

dee66
    Free Member

Checks lottery site for jackpot size. £138M. You were all keeping that quiet. That’s the kind of prize level I actually buy a ticket for. Never had more than one number match 🙁

Klunk
    Free Member

i had the both the star numbers and all the others offset by 10 a couple of weeks ago. I’m thinking make the italian girl from the poker ad on the piratebay an offer she can’t refuse if i win. best not tell the wife though.

brakes
    Free Member

surely the sensible thing to do would be to reinvest
    in more lottery tickets
    you might be on a roll

paulosoxo
    Free Member

You’ll be lucky if you get 3% on low risk investments or savings. Then the tax man will want a share, as will your accountant, at about 1% of the fund.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Not as easy as it sounds, I wish it was mate

I guess I could be totally wrong, but I am not thinking savings accounts, I am thinking a mix of safe and risky investments.

Hell, given the state of the Stock Market today, you could invest heavily across some of the big fallers in the Top 100 in the last week and you would surely stand a chance of some decent returns over 12 months.

Klunk
    Free Member

tough one that @ 2% you could spend at only £2,800,000 a year and not effect your capital. but hey what the hell go for £10mil a year and see what comes first death or bankruptcy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m thinking hollowed out volcano, perhaps a nice swivel chair. Maybe some minions. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

alfabus
    Free Member

This would be a good start:
    http://media.primelocation.com/SAGR/SACI/SACI_274182/BROCH_01.PDF

Followed fairly quickly by a place in the alps, and a nice car to drive between the two.

Dave

Nick

With no mortgage £1.6m could go a long way, and if you didn’t have to work you could live anywhere.

http://www.western-isles-property.co.uk/property.php?id=471

I reckon 1.6 million, plus a bit of interest would last you a lifetime unless you went mad, £40,000 a year would last you 40 years with no interest.

Klunk
    Free Member

but would you still come on STW and gloat, and would you be banned for being a smug bastard ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Y’know I thought I’d just check this thread for a mention of heated wing mirrors, and funnily enough…

*shakes fist at ‘Arry-le-Spidre and phillybuster*

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Klunk – Member
    but would you still come on STW and gloat, and would you be banned for being a smug bastard ?

Hasn’t happened yet, has it? 😉

Klunk
    Free Member

i’ve yet to see £140mil of smugness on here. 🙂

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Think with 140 mil I’d be starting a few new bike treads (every week)
    🙂

wors

Thats some syndicate!

sobriety
    Free Member

One of these:

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Just seen sobriety’s pic and changed my list. Thats stunning

I_Ache
    Free Member

Havn’t you heard, nobody will be winning the Euro-millions tonight as my syndicate are due to win it at the weekend. At which point it will be well over £160m and I will have around £27m to play with. After indulging myself a little in the first few months I think I could put the remaining £20m in a savings account. I will probably stay at work because I would get bored not working.

warton
    Free Member

You’ll be lucky if you get 3% on low risk investments or savings

really? I get just over 2% on less than 500 quid at the moment.

A very quick look on money supermarket has a savings account for 3.12% for a grand deposit. A fixed rate bond can get you 3.85% so I’m guessing a bit of digging would get you 5% no problem.

Edric64
    Free Member

I would like to win the lot and become the feudal baron of my village .Where I own everything and everyone works for me .I would own all the pubs and ban the sale of lager as well.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

But you’d pay a large part of that back to the taxman.

mrlugz
    Free Member

I would be over the moon if I won enough to pay off my mortgage.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I’d buy a new bike but I never win so will have to save and buy myself a new frame in Jan sales etc.

fazzer1963
    Free Member

You would make more money with a few BTL than leave it in the bank i should think.

Houns
    Houns

or maybe this then ban any further stone being exported off the island

http://search.knightfrank.com/edn100158

👿

alpin
    Free Member

@ Houns, have you got something against curling?

i’d move away from Munich centre and buy a cottage with a wood burning stove, miles from anywhere and sit in my pants all day (assuming it is warm), build a pump track in the garden and set up a hydroponic green house (due to my love of tomatoes).

i’d buy another small house nearer town so the GF has somewhere to live during the week.

i’d pay off the mortgages for close family members (and i’ve got a big family).

i’d pimp out my current bikes and buy a new one (two, maybe).

i’d buy a year lift pass for Tirol and Bavaria.

i’d get a cat.

i’d laud it over the in-laws.

i’d import crates of Greene King Abbott Ale.

i’d call up some old friends and have debauched evenings that i’d want to forget.

i’d invest as much as i could and give money to causes that hit a nerve.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Euro millions time… What to do with the winnings.’ is closed to new replies.