Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • euro exchange rate – predictions?
  • iDave
    Free Member

what do the resident STW currency traders expect will happen re' sterling Euro exchange in the coming 6 months? is the euro likely to weaken against sterling?

in other words should I pay in full for a summer holiday now, or just pay the deposit and wait a few months?

badnewz
    Free Member

If we knew the answer we could become very rich.
    The euro has been losing ground to the dollar the last month, and this looks like it might continue with an ongoing rally in the dollar.
    Whilst the Euro has strengthened over the last two years, sterling has devalued – which is a) why our holidays in euroland are getting so expensive and b) why UK manufacturing has been doing relatively ok considering the economic mess.
    Clearly the UK government wants to keep the pound weak, especially coming upto an election. So I'm not convinced there will be any fall in the sterling to the Euro, unless the Euro goes into crisis mode, which could happen. But in most events, I do not see the Euro significantly strengthening against the pound, so in that case I would just pay the deposit and keep your fingers crossed.

smogmonster

The pound will be history in the next 3-5 years IMHO – as Gordons cretinous economic policies continue to rack up the debt, with no plans for reducing it and the increasing likelihood of defaults , currency traders become less and less interested, not to mention Quantitative Easing, which makes every pound in circulation worth just that bit less. I'm getting paid in Euros from April anyway (at a much better rate than the official rate), so i'll be looking forward to a uniform currency…we should have joined it years ago.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘euro exchange rate – predictions?’ is closed to new replies.