Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Euro Disney – tips please
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Anybody got any info/ tips on a euro Disney break.
    How long to go for
    Where to stay/ avoid
    And how much for 2 adults and 2.5 year old .

PMK2060

Try and avoid the weekend if you can as a lot of French kids go for the day which means the queues are bad. We went Thu-sun so did the rides the first two days and the shows at the weekend. Stopped at Santa fe hotel which.was basic but fine. I was well impressed with the eurostar which takes you right to the park.

PMK2060

Try and avoid the weekend if you can as a lot of French kids go for the day which means the queues are bad. We went Thu-sun so did the rides the first two days and the shows at the weekend. Stopped at Santa fe hotel which.was basic but fine. I was well impressed with the eurostar which takes you right to the park.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

coolhandluke
    Free Member

It’s expensive to stay on site.

Mrs Coolhandluke wanted to book herself and the daughter years back but at over £600 for a long weekend it seemed steep, very steep. That didn’t include getting there BTW.

I suggested Eurocamp holidays and booked a static caravan for 10 days. It was about an hour and a half away from Eurodisney and for the £600 we had a 10 day holiday including boats across the channel!

One day in Disney was enough for us,

Go on a week day or queue and queue all day long.

EDIT, if my kid was 2 and a half years old, I think I’d be waiting to go to Eurodisney for about 3 years

ski
    Free Member

Take the Eurostar if you can, station is in the middle of the resort, drinks/water are very, very expensive so stock up before you get in.

Plan your day then drop two things off your list 🙂

Worth checking the parade times and viewing spots in advance, pick your spot early then plan the rest of the day around.

Little people, for little people is great, but be warned the music will be etched in you brain forevermore

We loved it btw

Enjoy

stufive
    Free Member

Couple of days will do it, I remember the chaos at breakfast,hundreds of kids, corn flakes everywhere every table covered in milk etc never again sorry

johndoh
    Free Member

Little people, for little people is great, but be warned the music will be etched in you brain forevermore

Don’t you mean ‘Small World’?

djglover
    Free Member

MOST IMPORTANT:

Make your lunch from the breakfast buffet baguettes, ham and cheese. Otherwise you will getcyour eallet hoovered

mildred

There is very little for the very young. We took our 3 & 4 year old the summer before last and there was little they could or wanted to go on.

The shops outnumber the rides/attractions by about 5:1.

The food is really expensive and shite.

The car stunt show is very good.

People were fighting at the Fantillusion parade.

The fireworks are great.

jambalaya
    Free Member

2.5 is too young IME – just go to legoland for the day and go to a Disney store somewhere and buy the dressing up clothes and make sure you watch the films and learn the sings 🙂

With kids now in their 20’s I’ve spend countless days in Florida and Euro Disney over the years – you need to close your eyes and forget the price and just enjoy it, I would say min age is 5 or 6 and when they are young bite the bullet and stay in hotel on site as you can come and go during the day and the kids can rest.

Some of my best memories with the kids have been at the Disney parks

bol

We went at Easter and were amazed how short the queues were having heard horror stories. I think we happened to be there a week when the English kids were off, but the French kids had gone back to school. Result.

We stayed at the eurocamp on the other side of Paris, and caught the train which went directly across Paris from virtually door to door in about an hour. You can get week long equivalents of Oyster cards for about £30 per person which makes sense if you want to go back or go into Paris.

We only went to Disney for one day, but two would have been better ideally in order to use the other parks more – but as we’d fitted so much into one day there, we decided to do something else with the other £200!

On a down side, the abiding memory is just how quaintly old fashioned a lot of it now seems in our world of CGI and video games. Essentially half the rides consist of “sit in a thing and travel fairly slowly past a lot of other fairly badly animated things”.

samuri
    Free Member

WHY AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN SEE THROUGH THE FOG OF DISNEY!!!??

When you go in, a pretty girl with a digital clipboard will approach you and ask where you’re from. While she’s asking you questions, she drugs you all so you find everything acceptable. Ignore her like I did and you will see the truth.

It’s like being in a nightmare populated by Germans.

And the toilets all smell of sick.

The only thing I thought was ok was the food prices which is what everyone else seems to complain about. We got a steak dinner for three people with drinks for thirty quid.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

WHY AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN SEE THROUGH THE FOG OF DISNEY!!!??

You aren’t. Everyone else embraces the cheese to make it an experience for the kids.

Euro
    Free Member

euro Disney break, but he don’t bounce like he used too 😉

leffeboy

If you are going to drive then there are loads of other hotels nearby that are way cheaper. Some will even have shuttle buses

2.5 is a bit small really although the parades will be fun (oh and the dragon under the castle). 6/7 is ideal

Food is fine if you watch where you go. I think there is even a guide of ‘restaurants’ by price range on the site. But yes, it can be expensive once you do all the ice creams etc.

djglover
    Free Member

We went a few months ago, ours are 4.5, I would say its the perfect. We found the food very expensive

Character dining for 2 adults and 2 kids, with wine (not for the kids) £212 😯

djglover
    Free Member

We went a few months ago, ours are 4.5, I would say its the perfect age. We found the food very expensive, but overall the kids loved it so much they go on about it almost every day!

Character dining for 2 adults and 2 kids, with wine (not for the kids) £212 😯

Eating off the main site in Disney Village was still £80 or more for a pizza / salad type meal with drinks.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Thanks everybody.
    We went to legoland last month and our son liked it but I was unimpressed. Paulton Park near Southampton was better. Although he seemed bored with the peppa pig rides after the mini rollercoasers. Maybe wait until he is older.

mildred

In contrast we found legoland far more suitable for our kids than Disney; they loved legoland and there was loads more they could go on compared to Disney.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Don’t go! Go to Florida instead. Disneyland Paris is absolute rubbish in comparison and very expensive.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

While I want to take the kids to euroDisney, it sounds like the worst place in the world and I think some seriously strong sedatives would have to be taken.

nickc

Save money by hiring a bouncy castle and employ a rude French student to say “non” repeatedly whilst serving shit overpriced “coffee” and swear under their breath about the size of your partner’s tits ( true story)

It’s ace, you’ll have a great time

johndoh
    Free Member

Go to Cafe Mickey (opposite Rainforest Cafe in the shopping centre *outside* the park). Cheaper than in the park and the characters come round all the tables. Under 3s (I believe – it *might* be under 2) eat free.

And tell them it is the kid’s birthday and all the characters come out with a (large) cake and sing happy birthday.

rocketman
    Free Member

Do not go on the coach
    If you’re staying at an on-site hotel be respectful to the staff and they will forget to charge you for any extras
    Remember Johnny Foreigner doesn’t queue but if it’s one person or ten who pushes in it doesn’t really make any difference
    Chill and enjoy it the gnar rides are great

Edit: 2.5 is probably a bit young tbh. ime the kids enjoy it more if they understand what’s going on

edlong
    Free Member

If you have any friends with disabled children, borrow one and take it with you. Then you can skip the queues for the rides.

johndoh
    Free Member

If you have any friends with disabled children, borrow one and take it with you. Then you can skip the queues for the rides.

In America there is a trade in ‘borrowing’ disabled people – apparently it is significantly cheaper to do that than pay the VIP package.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Euro Disney – tips please’ is closed to new replies.