Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Euro Disney – Anyone been?
  • djglover
    Free Member

We are taking our 4 year old twins next week, it seems it has the possibility of being a bit overwhelming. (for me as much, if not more than the twins!)

Has anyone been with kids this young, what were the highlights, what should we avoid.

Any tips to share?

leffeboy

With youngsters it’s fine as the rides for the very small aren’t that busy. Take snacks and try to eat before the rush hour if you are going to their cafes? Love it really

The dragon in the ‘cave’ under the castle is cool for the very small

stavromuller
    Free Member

Took youngest son when he was five and took grandaughter when sh e was four and they both loved it. Make sure you stay for the final parade, the characters really interact with the crowd, Cruella De Ville was real scary and Gaston (Beauty & the Beast) was brilliant with my grandaughter. I personally loved all the classic American cars in the parade.

djglover
    Free Member

Ooh, good tip on the parade. Will make sure we get a good seat.

Ta!

johndoh
    Free Member

Tool out twins last year when they were about 2.5 yrs old. They loved it. Don’t agree about rides for younger kids being quieter though.

You *must* go on the Small World ride though.

We are just talking about going again in the summer.

johndoh
    Free Member

Ohh and book in for a meal at the Disney restaurant outside the park (forget what it’s called) as they have all the characters walking around the tables. And tell them it’s the kids birthdays 😉

samuri
    Free Member

A load of swarthy french blokes tried to chat up my wife and steal my wallet at the entrance.

restless
    Free Member

The ‘Cars’ film rides are great for that age.

Also make sure to get a parade and show timetable so you don’t miss anything!

Also consider hiring a pushchair, they have them there, called strollers, or taking one with you even if they don’t use it here because when you are out walking all day until evening to see the fireworks, they may want a rest.

takisawa2

Age four…take a cheap double buggy & warm clothes. They will be shattered come the evening. A second mortgage should cover you if planning to eat in the park. 🙂

We’re going again in August, camping this time. Took the caravan last time. Had an ace time, but by christ do you get through some money. There’s a newsagents / minimart in the train station, ideal for snacks on the way in / out. Also a McDonald’s if you don’t fancy the €60 a head buffet in the Disney Hotel. 🙂
    The best value meal inside the park when we went was the cowboy cook-out place, but still €75 for a family of four to have a basic burger lunch. They do have access to the characters though, because whenever a character appears in the park they are mobbed.

Best ride is the “it’s a small world”. Don’t know why, it’s just so good. That bloody song lives in your head forever more. Our youngest was four, & we certainly needed the buggy, as he was really poorly.

You’ll have am ace time. 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

Wear comfortable shoes, avoid the hotels by staying at budget hotels along the RER nearby.

irelanst
    Free Member

We’ve been a few times, first time we went my daughter was 3. She absolutely loves the place.

You can hire buggies or wheelchairs inside the park if you can’t be bothered taking one – I know this could be morally questionable, but children get a lot more attention from the characters if they are in a wheelchair!

The parade is really good, there are also mini-parades dotted about throughout the day so keep a lookout for those. My daughters favourite is the finding Nemo ride, it starts out innocent enough then all hell breaks loose, I had to carry the wife off it the first time! Definitely book a meal with the characters the kids love it.

The hotels are OK, they are fairly basic chain type hotels but I think it’s a pretty big treat for the kids to walk into the lobby and happen to see Mickey or one of the other characters just milling about. The first time we went we had a few complaints about the room – it hadn’t been cleaned properly and there was a full ash tray on the table (it was a non-smoking room) I complained and we got free drinks, a free meal and gift from the store, so look for something to complain about!

Everything is expensive there; everyone knows that before they go so I don’t see the point of moaning about it.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

We went a few weeks ago.

Stayed at Davy Crockett, which meant free parking and you can get in at 8am when the park opens to the great unwashed at 10. Free pool and jacuzzi to unwind, too.

Get a hopper ticket and you can come and go as you please.

All the staff were pleasant and great with the kids. Not cheap, though. We got through nearly 1,000 euros in 5 days, but that included lots of gifts/toys

Still knackered 2 weeks later, though. My 4 year old didn’t need a pushchair, but she’s never gone to sleep so quick.

Rich_s

We went a few years ago before kids. In early Feb the weather was very cold indeed. We stayed in the nautical themed hotel on the park. Room was big, but nowt special. McD’s is the place to eat if you don’t want to bankrupt yourself.
    First day we got there at 4pm and went straight to the rides. The day visitors had all gone, and we did all the rides before it closed at 8pm. The staff were sending the rides straight back around as there were no queues.
    By day 3 we’d done everything in the park and did day trip to gay Paris instead. Can’t wait to take the tribe there next year!

ski
    Free Member

Food and drinks are mega expensive inside the resort

The parade is worth getting a good viewing point early, breakfast the Disney hotel overlooking the park was the parents highlight.

Another vote for small world just don’t do it while stoned 😉

Sorry forgot to say, we loved it.

Markie
    Free Member

My sister and her boyfriend went. She was groped and he pushed around by large groups of youths in the darker queuing areas of almost every ride they went on. They complained. There were Gallic shrugs aplenty. They left early.

wozza180
    Free Member

Went in august last year, make sure you use fast pass to get on some rides,we had to queue nearly 2 hours for some but that was summer holidays, stayed in Santa fe B&B, wasn’t getting back to the room till gone 11 so wasn’t to fussed about the room but breakfast in the morning was a free for all but at least it gave plenty of opportunity to make lots of rolls for lunch.Irelanst fair play getting your 3 year old on crushes coaster, I told mine (8) it was a nice serene river boat type thing and she ended up in tears “bad dad” ha ha.
    If you go on ‘its a small world’ take some headphones. “You have been warned”.
    ENJOY!!

freeagent
    Free Member

Agree about food prices – take snacks in to keep the kids going and eat outside (McDonalds for us)
    ‘Its a small world’ is ace – make sure you do it!

djglover
    Free Member

Great info all – thanks!

EdwardH

I was dragged round last year.

It is the most unremittingly awful place I have ever had the misfortune of visiting – and that includes a weekend in Greenock prison.

epicsteve
    Free Member

You *must* go on the Small World ride though.

I’d love to go through that ride with a shotgun and lots of shells. When my kids were younger they dragged us through that loads of times.

4-year old kids will love it as there is plenty for them to do without going on the big rides etc.

shifter
    Free Member

Loved it with my 3yo this time last year. You have to be in the right mindset though!

shifter
    Free Member

Can’t remember it’s a small world, how does it go?

mrlugz
    Free Member

Its been a few years since I was there, but I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Often had enitre families try to push in front of me and my Boy, queing obviously not a strong point.

Lunchtime tip – We stayed in a resort hotel which had a buffet breakfast. Stock up on rolls, ham and cheese. Lucnhtime sorted.

I now have its a small world on repeat in my head……

ScottChegg
    Free Member

As for bad dad content I took my 2 oldest (5 & 9) on the Tower of Terror.

My eldest couldn’t walk because he had a gibber on when he came off and the younger one told the assistant that the ride was “Rubbish”

I enjoyed it. A lot.

edwardH – you must be Scottish. I can just tell the difference between you and a ray of sunshine.

Embrace the cheese and it’s great.

djglover
    Free Member

Fully plan to embrace the cheese, its all about the kids isn’t it. We did lego land last year and had an amazing day, the kids were just in awe, I expect this to be X100 on that!

Mrlugz We have the buffet breakfast, will pass that tip on to my wife, who will relish in it!
    Cheers

instanthit
    Free Member

My 6 and 3 year old loved it last year. Made our lunch from the breakfast buffet everday, plus snacks. Fill up water bottles from the fountains. We also took packets of soup for emergencys/picky tea, 5 year old dunked her jaffa cakes in it and thought it was a great meal.
    When we went they were also doing deals on drinks, if you bought drinks from certain kiosks you could get a free coffee by a certain time from another cafe, wasn’t really advertised but was on bottom of receipt.
    If you get a pushchair you can watch the parade at the top and then leg it down the outside (kids get an extra “superfast ride” while trying not to run people over) through the indoor mall and catch it again as it goes out through the doors.
    Also take your own pens and autograph book.

ski
    Free Member

shifter – Member

Be warned, once experienced, there is no going back to normal life, the music to Small World will be etched on your brain FOREVER!

Watch at your peril, you have been warned 😉

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adCAbGxV9Ls[/video]

ivnickkate
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVPpz_X-QU0
    We went last year, great fun, but small world reminded me of this simpsons episode

johndoh
    Free Member

Small world at California Disneyland should be renamed ‘Huge World’ – it goes on forever. Went round it about 5 times at Christmas – AND the song was mashed up with Jingle Bells, all characters Christmassified!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Went round it about 5 times at Christmas

Got Stuck on the Florida one at midnight while it did a reboot – scariest ride at Disney.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Euro Disney – Anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.