Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Euro car parks – letter / fine.. pay or not ?
  • brack
    Free Member

Whilst doing a friend a favour ( his father had just passed away) I offered to pick up his son from Gatwick airport.

I received a text saying the flight was delayed by 30 mins…so I took the opportunity to buy some provisions from the petrol station. I pulled to the side of the near empty forecourt to eat a sandwich.

I collected my mates son and took him to where he needed to be.

7 days later I receive a letter stating that I had overstayed the permitted 20 mins allowed at the petrol station and needed to pay £90 ( £60 if paid now)

I appealed and wrote a genuine letter saying I was doing a favour for a family who had suffered a recent bereavement.

But this has been rejected – do I pay these buggers or not ?

There are photo images of my number plates, and signage that I did not see.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Was it a charge or a fine? Go check the thread on money saving expert

dannybgoode

First appeal it with the parking regulator to which Parking Eye are a member (can’t remember the name).

If that fails you’ve got to pay now. Beavis v Parking Eye changed everything.

Ignoring it will lead to an £80 upward penalty which the Supreme Court have upheld as payable.

Bear in mind you have weakened your position as you have admitted you overstayed so ignoring it now would be especially problematic.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    suburbanreuben
    Free Member

pepipoo is your friend…

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Why can’t people simply follow the rules?
    There were signs up, weren’t there?

martinhutch

20 mins is a highly unreasonable limit IMO. You could easily spend more than that time filling up, going to the loo and browsing in their shop. But you shouldn’t have looked for sympathy from these vultures. As above, try the Pepipoo forums to explore anything the parking co. may have not done properly.

parkesie
    Free Member

Tell them you voted out so the can jog on or something.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Euro car parks – letter / fine.. pay or not ?’ is closed to new replies.