Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 216 total)
  • Euro 2016 Sweepstake Thread
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Roight…

Seems there’s a market for this. We’ve got 24 teams up for grabs. A fiver a team gives us a pot of £120 with half to charidee and the other half split £40 & £20 for winners and runners up. (Looking at fixtures, there is no 3rd place play off.)

From the other thread, we’ve got the following takers:
    wrightyson
    bearnecessities (Albania for sure)
    dknwhy
    bruneep
    cchris2lou
    Stoner
    sadmadalan
    timidwheeler
    theotherjohnv

Obvs, I’m in as well (but will happily just run it if we get 24 takers without me).

So roll up, roll up…need another dozen-ish of you to take a team. Plenty of time to organise PP payments – the tournament will be going for a few weeks.

Last time we donated to the Jenn’s Ride just giving page which we can do again, or we could say, whoever draws Albania gets to nominate the charity. 🙂

beej

Yep, count me in.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

go on then if your running it and not running to the caymen islands with the cash

i got Iceland in the work sweeps 😆

geoffj

Go on then!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Excellent. Almost half way already. 🙂

EDIT: Past half way.

Time’s running out folks. And my man in Panama is calling…

geoffj

If your short on numbers, I’ll have 2 (or 3).
    Being public spirited and all that 😈

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m in remember – 2 if needed – same basis as Grand National but no publicity please 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bump for the morning crowd…roll up, roll up. 🙂

scaredypants

I’ll have a go, if still spaces

bruneep

Put me down for x 2 teams (£10) if short of funders.

Stoner
    Free Member

I can double down if you need to fill an extra slot.

welshfarmer

I’m in. Just make sure I get Wales 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’ll take Japan

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

binners is currently in Fuerteventura, turning himself into a lobster, fighting with the locals and drunkenly wandering the streets at 3 am asking anyone he meets if they know where the nearest Greggs is. I’m sure he’ll take a team when he gets back so I’m including him in there. We’ll keep it running today and tomorrow to see if we can get to 24.

Euro
    Free Member

You can get our free sweepstake kit on the twit if you wanna. Designed by Euro for the Euros 😀

sweepstake kit

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Followed and RT’d Euro. But can’t dm you. My email is on my profile. Cheers. You’ll be taking a team will you now? My Panama account accepts €. 🙂

EDIT: Have DM’d now. Cheers.

grizedaleforest

I’ll have a go too if there are still places…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Plenty room grizedale. You’re in!

Euro
    Free Member

Sorry Deadly, i know nothing about the twitter but i’ll pass your comment onto the person who looks after it.

There’s a couple of errors on the poster (i’m sure some keen eyed STWer will spot them) – i blame the proof readers 😀

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Do we have to give half to charidee? Just thinking if pot was higher, more would enter 😈

Serious talk tho, I think the players who’s teams get knocked out in the first round have their names go into a hat. Whoever is drawn gets to pick the charity.

Edit: Also, an alternate chart here:

Printer Friendly:

Erm…not so printer friendly:

Sauce

WillH

I’ll have a go. Bet I end up with N. Ireland…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

bongohoohaa – Member
    Do we have to give half to charidee? Just thinking if pot was higher, more would enter

I don’t mind to be honest. I’m happy to be beta on this and go with the consensus. Of course, if you were to take a team, then you’d have more of a voice. 🙂 Could do £40 to charity (approx £2 of your stake) and all winnings to winner only or 60/20. But it’s just a bit of fun really and I’m just repeating what we did for the Grand National sweep. There’s plenty of time to decide what to do with the cash – we only had a day to decide with the GN one.

theotherjonv

I’m happy with money to charity. I also like the idea of someone who goes out early gets the chance to pick it. Or by extension. When i used to run the GN sweepstake at work I’d offer a small prize to the first faller and the last horse round, so if you have a shit pick, at least you still have some interest. Combining the two – the booby prize winner at least gets to pick the charity.

In football sweepstakes i made the booby prize for the team with the worst record after the group stages, criteria being

1/ least points, followed by
    2/ worst goal difference
    3/ most goals conceded
    4/ worst discipline (yellow card = 1 point, red card = 3 points)
    etc.

That way if I get England i can still enjoy Russia banging four past us on saturday night.

bearnecessities

Do we have to give half to charidee?

It’s for the giggles, and an added bonus of a few quid if you win.

Cheers again DD for organising, hope we get required numbers (I’ll double if needed also).

jambalaya
    Free Member

At £5 an entry do we have enough of a pot for multiple prizes. I will go with the majority view but personally would rather know what the cause is before donating.

Where do we stand numbers wise ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, you were most kind the last time Jamba – is there any close to your heart that you’d like to suggest? I’m hoping some of the evening crowd might chuck their names in the hat before tomorrow.

EDIT: With £120 if we were to sell all 24, it’s not much to go splitting 4 or 5 different ways. As bear says, it’s just shits’n’giggles really.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I imagine Jambalaya would want the funds to go to Jambapedia. The internets #1 source of #jambafacts.

….and put me in for a £5. If I get anyone but Belgium I’ll demand a refund.

re: shits and giggles.

As otherjonv I think mentioned, as the sums of money are not really the issue, smaller prizes to keep interest might be an idea. As a huge swathe will be cut out with several weeks to go. So maybe booby prizes for least goals scored etc?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ok…I’ll work something out this evening to try and spread it around a bit more.

You’re getting Albania now. 😀

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

I’m in if any spaces left? If so drop me a PP address and I’ll fire the money over when I get back from work this evening 😆

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

You’re getting Albania now.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just pick the instigator a good team 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Plenty room on this wagon chunky. The rest of them will all be regretting it as the tournament goes on and they’re thinking…”it could have been me…” 🙂

*puts wrightyson down for Wales*

welshfarmer

Oi, I wanted Wales 🙁

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I just realised my Paypal account is currently temp frozen.

Can I email the fiver over via Amazon gift card?

bearnecessities

I imagine Jambalaya would want the funds to go to Jambapedia. The internets #1 source of #jambafacts.

He’s contributed a lot on here to charity.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

…and your point is?

bearnecessities

You’re being an arse?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

For making the #jambafacts joke?

I’ll put a 😉 on it next time so I don’t offend your sensibilities. I apologise. I didn’t know we needed to be deadly serious in the thread.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You guys. We haven’t even drawn teams yet! 🙂

If we could have a rest-of-the-forum armistice for this one, that would be nice. Jamba, sorry, the Ireland/Luxembourg thing was just taking the mick. I’m sure you realise that.

Once teams have been drawn, then gloves are off of course.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

deadly serious

Not sure if taking the piss or being deadly serious. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 216 total)

The topic ‘Euro 2016 Sweepstake Thread’ is closed to new replies.