• This topic has 553 replies, 102 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by loum.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 554 total)
  • EURO 2012 **SPOILERS**
  • Ro5ey
    Free Member

Good idea, I was meant to be doing an XC duathlon tomorrow, but with all the rain it’ll be a mudfest and it bores the hell out of me grinding around in gloop.

So a few beers and cheering on my dream team players

I’ve got the “big” Lewandowski of Poland as a striker (30 goals this season for Dortmund) together with Dzagoev of Russia (who’s listed as a mid fielder but plays up front, scoring 4 goals in 8 games)…

binners

A couple? I’d go for a couple of crates. Have you seen the weather forecast? More rain, gale force winds and bloody cold. As if you needed any provocation to sit inside, drinking beer and watching – as Charlie Brooker put it – 22 millionaires ruining a lawn

deluded
    Free Member

Predictions

FINAL

France vs. Germany. Germany win.

TODAY

Poland 1 Greece 0

Russia 0 Czech Republic 2

wrightyson
    Free Member

Quite a few predictions of the 1 nil to Poland! Greece look shocking so far!! Is it samras(?) at left mid, must have gone to the same “give the ball away” school as Ashley Young!!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Van persie at 8’s for top scorer, that’s gotta be worth a punt!!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Greece are poor at best but the Poles look pretty slick.

deluded
    Free Member

The Polish goal was the best of the tournament so far.

PrinceJohn

The Spanish can play a beautiful game, but their attempt to referee isn’t as good.

soobalias
    Free Member

spanish ref paid to give the poles a headstart?
    greece unable to find cash for bribes?
    Either way a far cry from the standard 0 – 0 draw to kick off the finals.

Polish team look head and shoulders above, now with the advantage im move confident in the 2 – 0 prediction.

wrightyson – if you dont have anything nice to say about the england squad…..

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Jeez, the BBC just can’t help themselves. 5 minutes of analysis then right into an England interview. I don’t care! I want to know about the teams playing, not Scott Parker.

From a jealous Scot.

soobalias
    Free Member

1 minute too late to edit my post. rats

wrightyson
    Free Member

What have I said that isn’t all that true?? I would dearly love England to win a few games and even the tournament but im being pessimistic as we’ve been let down badly in the last few tournaments. I “was” a massive fan and unlike others ive been to a fair few England games, but as others above have also said I’ve just fallen out of love with the team and to be fair football as a whole recently! If this tournament gives me half the enjoyment that euro 96 did when I were a lad then I’ll be a happy man!! Just hope Andy Carroll really shines and shoves it up all his critics!!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Scsz!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Miss!

AD

Come on Greece! I ended up with them in the works sweepstake but on the plus side we also have a pot for worst disciplinary record… 😆

binners

Cracking opening game!! Lots more of that please!

Come on Russia!!!!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Go Ro5ey, off to a flyer.

trailmonkey

thought the greek comeback was excellent and and i thought 4-1 flattered russia. would still fancy the czechs to go through and improve.
    thoroughly enjoyed the opening two games. bit worried about the two ‘home town’ decisions that got the greek lad sent off. can’t see us getting any favours from the ref in the ukraine game. didn’t much care for the default jeering from the polish crowd every time greece got the ball either, just got me on the greek’s side.

seosamh77
    Free Member

cracking start to the tourney anyhow, looking forward to some great games the morra.

binners

Russia’s odds down from 20-1 to 12-1 after the match. If they had they’re shooting boots on it’d been 6 or 7. Wenger must be well pissed off with the way Arshavin ups his game at international level. Never plays like that for the arse!

Jamie
    Free Member

Wenger must be well pissed off with the way Arshavin ups his game at international level. Never plays like that for the arse!

He just never really liked it in England, as plays like that for Zenit also. I don’t think he ever recovered from realising he was actually earning less playing for Arsenal, as he was paying 50% income tax, as opposed to 13% in Russia. He even tried to get his wages renegotiated when he found out.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Thought they were a couple of good games for openers last night and of coarse it help that….

“Go Ro5ey, off to a flyer.”

Yep that went as about as well as I could have hoped but had a Polish and Russain defender so a few points dropped… only second in my mini league… 🙁

No great insights today, infact a bit boring… have got Van Persie/Sneijder for the Hollish. Hoping that they get off to a great start like they did in the last world cup.

Schweinsteiger/Ozil for the Germans…. hoping Ronaldo or Nani don’t upset me and that the Steiger has gotten over his mightmare in the Champ league final… as a Spurs man I could not believe he, the German captian marvel, of all people missed his pen…. It’s only now I can talk about… was just a little upset a few weeks ago.

Anyway should be good, if not very good, games tonight in the Group of Death

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Are we talking football or hooligans? I think the Polish might win.

Footy? Spain, France, Germany and maybe inherlund?

loum
    Free Member

Another vote for Russia to win. France look good too.
    For those having a little bet- look at the Winner+top scorer market.
    Pick a first choice striker for the team you’re backing and the odds go a lot bigger. But , IMO, the actual probability wouldn’t be that different.
    Holland to win is 6-1, but there’s 25-1 available if you combine that with VP as top scorer.

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie:

Dutch will implode as usual.

All going to plan so far.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Anyone watch the holland game?? Missed it due to a high level tenpin match with the kids and oldies! Were Denmark quality or the Dutch rubbish??

soobalias
    Free Member

denmark were patchy but improved, the dutch were great but couldnt actually score

Junkyard
    Free Member

dutch had 28 shots on target and did not score imagine chelsea v Barca or Bayern to get a feel for it.

stanfree
    Free Member

Ozil looks like he has escaped from Area 51 , there is even a smiley on STW for him. 😯

nickjb
    Free Member

Dutch were great up front, especially at the start of the 2nd half but couldn’t score. They were rubbish at the back on few attacks the Danes managed.

soobalias
    Free Member

loving the Ozil smiley 😯

MSP

oooh that was close, right decision though, who needs goal line technology.

loum
    Free Member

Dutch had 6 shots on target, out of 29. Very inaccurate.
    😯 Ozil 🙂

PrinceJohn

oooh that was close, right decision though, who needs goal line technology.

Will be interesting to see if the chap just to the side of goals actually does anything if there is a decision that is less obvious than that one. Or even if there is a penalty appeal.

donsimon
    Free Member

who needs goal line technology.

No-one, what goes around, etc…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is that why the germans beat the english at penalty shoot outs 😀

IMHO it’s the easiest bit of technology to bring in and should be used even video replay would probably work better than what we have. All sports need to move with the times.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Zinedine Kilbane on the TV. :mrgreen:

theotherjonv

why are people still going on about Rio Ferdinand ffs. He isn’t there. A wasted interview, i want to know about people in the squad, how are they doing, are they set and confident for monday, not about what some ex-England player’s been tweeting.

Junkyard
    Free Member

h eis way too good looking to be compared to ZZ

DD did you catch the ireland thing on Fivelive last week – was a good listen about the times under Jack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jhsbt/5_live_Sport_Jackies_Army/

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Haven’t listened yet JY. Must do soon.

Yes, KK is still a looker isn’t he. I wish he was a few years younger and playing there tomorrow. Legend for the green machine when we went through some tough qualification years. He’d love to be facing Croatia tomorrow. Did you see how Il Trapp went straight to greet him when he saw him. Clearly – affection there.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 554 total)

The topic ‘EURO 2012 **SPOILERS**’ is closed to new replies.