• This topic has 25 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by emsz.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Eurgh – hangover :( quick cure needed …
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

So after too much drinking / too much dancing / too little sleep … the inevitable morning after effects are in full force! Beautiful day – meant to be heading for the hills with some friends this afternoon, so have a couple of hours to sort out the ability to pedal up hill without dying 🙂

So suggestions needed urgently for your best kill or cure hangover treatments …

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Champagne and scrambled eggs

j_me
    Free Member

A “proper” Bloody Mary.

trailmonkey

lots of water, back to bed for as long as you can.

usually sleep deprevation that does me in.

Cougar

Hangover = dehydration. Drink plenty of water and take something with a little salt. Anything else is an old wives tale.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Good breakfast lots of fluid and ride hard for the first 2 miles to get a good gap so you can throw up in peace

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Coke and mars bars.

The type of coke you choose is up to you.

willard

Time is the only healer… Failing that, lots of water, some black coffee and a fry up.

Oh, and MTFU

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think you should just suffer, and it will give you a chance to reflect on your hedonsim and wantonness. 😐

Dancing?? Scandalous.

Hangover indeed. It’s the thin end of the wedge, Broken Britain, collapse of society as we know it….

andyl
    Free Member

1. Drink a pint of water.

2. Make yourself throw up – go wretch over the toilet and think “vom”

3. More water.

4. Shower and brush teeth.

5. Sausage sandwich and a big mug of sweet tea.

6. Go outside and do something physical.

Job done.

Next time drink lots of water and eat ice cream before you go to bed. 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

Big line of charlie and a quart of brandy

Ready to go? course you are!

Sue_W
    Free Member

Stop mentioning being sick!!!!

Elfinsafety … you can’t possibly imagine how wanton we can be in Conwy 🙂 (or maybe not … suddenly worried about the depths of your imagination)

rj
    Free Member

Lots of caffeine and ibruprofen based pain killers. It was on radio 4 so it must be good.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

you can’t possibly imagine how wanton we can be in Conwy

I can. Oh yes I can….

suddenly worried about the depths of your imagination

You should be. It’s bottomless….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ibuprofen sounds a sensible call – a main reason for the headache is swelling in the head (meninges?) IIRC so ibuprofen (with it’s swelling reducing abilities) should help relieve the cause rather than numb the pain.

Saying that, co-codamol works wonders 😉

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Fryup
    Two paracetamol
    mug of tea and a tab.

Cougar

a main reason for the headache is swelling in the head

Quite the opposite, it’s shrinkage IIRC. Either way, it’s not ‘inflammation’ so I can’t see Brufen making a lot of difference.

ObDisclaimer, I Am Not A Doctor.

andyl
    Free Member

Don’t forget to vom….hehe it will do wonders getting all the crap out of your stomach.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

ObDisclaimer, I Am Not A Doctor.

Well, DrP off here, what is an actual genuine doctor, prescribes one Paracetamol and one Ibuprofen to help ‘treat’ a hangover, and this seems to work very well. Gets rid of the headacheyness and general nausea for sure.

I find plenty of fluid and some vigorous exercise blows the cobwebs away.

humanbean
    Free Member

sausage sandwich always sorts me out.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Quite the opposite, it’s shrinkage IIRC. Either way, it’s not ‘inflammation’ so I can’t see Brufen making a lot of difference.

Myeh – good point.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I hookah of opium or a quart bottle of gin, whichever is closest to hand.

MrSmith
    Free Member

a berroca, couple of neurofen and maybe a nuun tablet in a pint of water if really dehydrated. folowed up with a big carby/sugary breakfast.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Right, several pints of water consumed – managed to get out of bed. Some very strong coffee and I’ve got my biking kit together.

It was all going so well, but I’ve just eaten a big bowl of fruit and yogurt … bad idea … really bad 🙁

TiRed

paracetamol, ibuprofen, sweet tea and something to eat. you probably feel really tired as your liver uses glycogen stores to break down the alcohol. also don’t drive it’s one unit per hour.

emsz
    Free Member

never eat.

water, groaning, and saying “I’m going to die, I hope you’re happy you made me drunk” seems to work for me HTH 😆

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Eurgh – hangover :( quick cure needed …’ is closed to new replies.