Viewing 40 posts - 38,401 through 38,440 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

😆

kelvin

We should just have a smart-cunning-manipulative-lying-brexit-poster face-off.

oldnpastit

Don’t forget:

In other news, Turkey isn’t joining the EU, but Boris Johnson wouldn’t mind getting a piece of the action if it ever goes ahead. Or something.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Or a picture of a thicko.

oldnpastit

Regardless, my point still stands: politicians who whipped up fears about immigration can hardly now turn around and say they want an open border with Ireland.

kelvin

One of my (least) favourite bits of manipulation…

kelvin

Or a picture of a thicko.

perditus
    Free Member

The rest of the world looking on in bemusement.

former Irish prime minister Bertie Ahern yesterday described Mrs May ‘out of her depth’ and that Mr Corbyn was ‘beginning to look like he may be the next Prime Minister’.

Speaking in Dublin, Mr Ahern said: ‘They [the Tories] have a weak Prime Minister who is only there because the other headbangers who were on the Brexit side were fighting each other at the time. She came up the middle.

‘I feel sorry for her because she is totally out of her depth.’

perditus
    Free Member

Better picture of the Brexit Secretary

kimbers

So that’s why Hunt was trying to scare the swivel-eyed brexies to stop weakening May.

They mustve seen the latest survation poll

mrmo
    Free Member

and the amusing thing about the national curry day, and the breaking point poster.

most Indian restaurants are staffed by Bangladeshis, and Bangladeshis are predominantly muslims…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus, how shit are the Tories at carrying this through?

Again, I feel sorry for our forum Tory shills (including the “neutrals” 😆 ) – forced by their sense of duty to flip between defending the bishop bashing Green to saying “you didn’t like those red lines? Ok we have new red lines. You’re gonna love these red lines. They’re beautiful”

Hilarious.

cchris2lou

The chefs from Asia backed the Leave vote , but within months they realized it was a big mistake , especially after TM visit to India where she said immigration would still be restricted .

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

So new week and hopefully more progress. We may even get on to trade by Dec/Jan at this rate.

The moans will get shriller and shriller while businesses’ relief will become more palpable…

molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone else notice the overt multicultural theme in this year’s Christmas TV ads?

Brexit backlash from remainer companies and ad agencies perhaps?

kimbers

The moans will get shrilled and shrilled

I know didn’t redwood, IDS, Lawson, Mogg put out some sort of wailing statement today about how it should be WTO only ?

mrmo
    Free Member
    mrmo
    Free Member

We may even get on to trade by Dec/Jan at this rate.

The moans will get shriller and shriller while businesses’ relief will become more palpable…

You Mean May has capitulated on the CU as well…

jambalaya
    Free Member

How would it be hypocritical to take EU pension and golden parachute payment (€160,000 for Farage I believe) ? He campaigned for our exit as an elected MEP, thise who voted for him voted for him to do that job and be paid for it, pension and all.

Anyway you still need to get us that list of WTO only countries

@mike its a redundant question as we won’t be trading only on WTO. We have put in place the mechanism to transfer all 60 EU “free trade deals” and we’ll be signing others tout de suite. Canada has already made clear they want replicate and extend their CETA deal, Australia, NZ, Japan and yes the USA will follow. The EU is a protectionist racket, it is the Uk which cares about free trade.

BTW on that video I posted it says the Canada / EU deal really only took 3 years starting from scratch

May and the Tories are motivated to sign new deals before the next GE in 2023 to show material progress post Brexit. IMO a “bad ”deal with say Japan or US will still be materially better than our qdsappalling EU arrangement and will of course be payment free and no Japanese Court of Justice

Anyway my predictions for Monday and the EU summit.

No “sufficient progress” announcement, dramatic music
    Many “we’re tough” EU pontifications
    Actual agreement to step up “preparitory” work on UK / EU trade in the event of “sufficient progress”

“Sufficient pogress” declared sometime after Merkel forms a government, mid Jan ?

ernie

On a more serious note; don’t even mention Euratom. TM, DD, BJ and MG have got a freeking clue when they signed the up the UK to leave Euratom. The incompetency is mind blowing. Even more so when they asked the Nuclear Inspectorate to write the risk impact after they said we were leaving.

kimbers

May (we) will fold on NI, as she has with Divorce bill & ECJ etc.

Just gonna be keeping the DUP happy when she offers NI some sort of CU deal….. Wait and see what sturgeon (or Davidson for that matter) says to that!

igm

Meanwhile a majority of the country now fancy a second referendum (for the record I don’t).

Will of the people.

ernie

@jambalaya – I am certainly not an expert on this, but surely it is not certain that we will adopt grandfather rights to trade deals. Its a gamble and against WTO trade rules and any oppostiion from WTO members? To say “we will…” is presumptive unless supported on evidence. I guess we will wait and see.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

@mike its a redundant question as we won’t be trading only on WTO. We have put in place the mechanism to transfer all 60 EU “free trade deals” and we’ll be signing others tout de suite. Canada has already made clear they want replicate and extend their CETA deal, Australia, NZ, Japan and yes the USA will follow. The EU is a protectionist racket, it is the Uk which cares about free trade.

Wow, you here all week with jokes like that? What does the UK have to offer these countries, and what does the UK have to strong arm negotiations to get the same terms? How long will these magic deals take to negotiate? Chances of them being ready and in place in 2019 are zero.

igm

We have put in place the mechanism to transfer all 60 EU “free trade deals”

Not what our Liam has been saying Jamba. Mind you I doubt he knows what his department is doing to be fair.

igm

The EU is a protectionist racket,

As are all trade tariffs and trade deals. Why have them otherwise?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And imagine having worked out your inside the protection racket and pointing out how tough they make it for everyone else and then suggesting being on the wrong side of it.

Poopscoop

The “positives” of Brexit is still being pushed?

Seriously, there isn’t any.

Incredible. 😯

oldnpastit

The EU is a protectionist racket,

No, it actually isn’t. It has reduced tariffs between its member countries.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

IGM – tut, tut. Read the text not the headline

theotherjonv

May and the Tories are motivated to sign new deals before the next GE in 2023

2022, before we consign these **** to the dustbin of history. If not sooner.

Tick tock.

Poopscoop

theotherjonv – Member
    May and the Tories are motivated to sign new deals before the next GE in 2023
    2022, before we consign these **** to the dustbin of history. If not sooner.

Tick tock.

I really don’t think they will last that long.

God,I hope not anyway…

igm

THM – Liam or the will of the people? Read both as it happens.
    Liam’s admitting to finding it all a bit difficult.
    The people want another referendum (which they won’t get) though the upstanding remainer versus traitorous Brexy split is interesting.

That help?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So a mere 3 years of no trade deals, then those that are signed will be a hasty one. That does assume there isn’t an election before then. Certainly looks like a leadership challenge will happen from the SEL’s when May concedes another red line. That is before we start begging for a trade deal.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No, it doesn’t.

See if you have get it right by the time of the early train 😉

igm

Just because it don’t agree with your view of the world THM doesn’t mean it ain’t true.

Sorry and all. 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No need to apologise. It’s just I expected an engineer to value precision and accuracy. My mistake 😉

kelvin

We have put in place the mechanism to transfer all 60 EU “free trade deals” and we’ll be signing others tout de suite.

Jamba, it simply is not possible for any country to cut’n’paste an existing trade deal with the EU into one with the UK solely, even if they wanted to. They all need rewriting. Officials from all countries involved have said that when they are renegotiated, they will seek to rebalance based on accessing a much smaller market. You can be all bubbly and optimistic and expect that to not mean worse terms if you want to. The way that all the key countries are responding to our WTO proposals suggests otherwise though… they’ll look to use our self imposed weak position to improve their own (as you’d expect).

Now, new deals, rather than watered down existing deals… which country will sign one with us before the EU? All the examples you have cited are countries that have said that an EU deal comes first… yes, even Trump’s administration. So… waiting longer for deals, and getting worse deals… as you’d expect. The EU+EEA market matters far more to all trading partners.

kelvin

We should seek EEA and CU involvement, to keep existing trade deals, and get new ones as soon as possible, and solve the Irish border issue, and give UK companies certainty as regards trade with all counties (not just EU ones), and keep supply chains moving, and…

…still means relinquishing lots of control though… but all options from here on in do that, as far as I can see.

tjagain

Theresa May and the Irish government have failed to reach a deal on the crucial Brexit issue of the Northern Ireland border ahead of a crunch meeting on Monday lunchtime with the European commission president, Jean-Claude Juncker.

Despite intense efforts over the weekend to agree a proposal on how to avoid a hard border in Ireland, Irish officials revealed at midnight on Sunday that “there is still a way to go” to achieve a meeting of minds on the issue.

So the Irish are not accepting a pixie dust and magic border

Viewing 40 posts - 38,401 through 38,440 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.