Viewing 40 posts - 38,321 through 38,360 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bespoke deal still means nothing at all… …it only rules existing options out

Indeed. Bespoke.

kelvin

Well, once these “bespoke” deals are actually fleshed out, whatever form they take, they won’t please a majority of “the people”, will they?

dissonance

they won’t please a majority of “the people”, will they?

Just keep repeating “bespoke” and it will all be good. Like “brexit means brexit” and “strong and stable”. OK maybe not that one.
    At best we will end up with a similar situation to now but just with no say and probably a bigger bill.
    Which will have everyone annoyed.
    Then you have variations down to the dream land of the ultra hard brexit and even then I suspect most of those currently dreaming of it will not be pleased when they realise that it just means cash for the few.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I have no idea. But negotiations normally involve compromises on both sides and given that I do not support the “thicko narrative” I expect most people will have the capacity to understand this.

So far, this is what is happening. So a bad deal is being made better. Not good but better. So let’s hope this continues. In that context, a good week

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sad but not unexpected that Sturgeon ( remember her) still talking about “in” the single market today. Why can’t these people understand the basics?

Membership of v access to

Cmon wee nippy. Repeat 200x and it might sink in. Then you can learn about how currencies work Treat Brexshit as a learning experience instead of repeating BS

kelvin

Membership of v access to

Membership of vs operating in.

“Access” means anything, including WTO rules only.

Do we want full tariff free access? Or full tariff free access excluding farm and fish products? Or quota limited tariff free access? Or ariff access only? Same regulatory bodies? Full mutual recognition of standards? Limited recognition of each other’s standards?

Junkyard
    Free Member

negotiations normally involve compromises on both sides

Please list the areas where the EU have compromised
    Please list the areas where we have capitulated erm compromised
    Feel free to do the same for the red lines for both sides
    Compare and contrast please

There is no doubt there has been movement but only from one side.

Cmon wee nippy.

You really are very impolite and happy to flirt with racism and sexism to anyone in the SNP. Shameful

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It is one of the “off the shelf” four kelvin correct. Not a good one, but one nevertheless. We knew that.

Wow that’s a lot of editing to keep on top of 😉 and a lot of questions to put on a ballot paper ! 😉

Pleased to see that you cut the break short BTW.

kelvin

Indeed… saying we want “access not membership” is as meaningless as Brexit means Brexit, and bespoke deal…it is leaned on by people masking the lack of plan beyond “leaving the EU”.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

On the contrary it is the crux. Do I need to link the explanation for a hundredth time?

Del

repeating BS

p’rhaps you’d have a word with your mate about that, now he’s back? 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😉

I do regularly !!

Del

😆

kelvin

Do I need to link the explanation for a hundredth time?

Everything other than “membership” is “access” … so meaningless.

The highest politican in Scotland is right to want to keep her country, and ours, operating in the Single Market. We would not be members, no, but we could operate in it and benefit from tariff free access and standards harmonisation. Not where we will end up, I suspect, and a worse position than being a full member, but hey… damage limitation.

The end result will be seen as worse than EU membership by well over half “the people”, so their “will” won’t be tested by any kind of UK wide vote or poll.

metalheart
    Free Member

Sad but not unexpected that Sturgeon ( remember her) still talking about “in” the single market today. Why can’t these people understand the basics?

60% of her constituency voted to remain. She has a clear democratic mandate to pursue our continued membership. Remember, she’s the Scottish First Minister. She is perfectly at liberty to reject the English vote (as it was an English vote).

Funny how you criticise yer mate Corbyn (at infinite and tedious length) for saying nothing and Sturgeon for the opposite. Make your mind up please. It’s almost like you’re just trolling… what currency do you get paid in?

Why can’t YOU respect democracy for a change, will of the people and all that. Seen as you’re such an advocate.

You know, I think I’ve reluctantly become a supporter for Scottish independence.

Well done, go ask for a bonus.

metalheart
    Free Member

Do we want full tariff free access? Or full tariff free access excluding farm and fish products? Or quota limited tariff free access? Or ariff access only? Same regulatory bodies? Full mutual recognition of standards? Limited recognition of each other’s standards?

Come , come kelvin, it was all perfectly clear in the in/out referendum slip. There’s no point in moaning now. We just have to get on with it… the people have spoken 😯

metalheart
    Free Member

I do regularly !!

You need to watch that, it’s one of the first signs of madness…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Why can’t YOU respect democracy for a change, will of the people and all that….You know, I think I’ve reluctantly become a supporter for Scottish independence

the best today. Bravo !

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The highest politican in Scotland is right to want to keep her country, and ours, operating in the Single Market.

That is what all the leaders are advocating. Some using the correct language and understanding others less so. The lovely Ms Sturgeon is in the latter camp but factual accuracy has never been her forte

Junkyard
    Free Member

is in the latter camp but factual accuracy has never been her forte

says the man caught not being factually accurate yesterday

Perhaps he just despises in others his own shortcomings…like the way he lecture us on politeness and accuracy and then does that

Then again he might just be a troll…neither option is that positive…careful now he will cal us a posse of bullies soon [ not now i have said it 😉 ]

igm

Whisper it gently, we are not going to make a success of Breakfast, sorry Brexit.

At least not with idiots like David, Borris and Liam around. JRM doesn’t help either.

Four freedoms as a minimum.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

says the man caught not being factually accurate yesterday

Not just yesterday.

metalheart
    Free Member

Not just yesterday

And not just ‘might’ 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

“Whistle”

metalheart
    Free Member

“Whistle”

How sweet, our very own forum BoJo…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

IGM this week we had progress despite the nutters.

We lost the vote on the freedoms sadly if you remember 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Might be time for #thmfact if this continues.

Imagine that thm, your very own STW meme. 😀

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Little things…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh dear.

Best leave you to it. Don’t want another emabarrassing outburst like we had last weekend.

😉
    ….
    [sic]
    Etc.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

QED 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

That does not even make sense as DD has never had a melt down on here
    Still you hide behind your infamous sense of humour there zokesboy

igm

Well THM we lost a vote 18 months ago, we won the vote previous to that, the future is as yet unwritten.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It is indeed

thecaptain
    Free Member

Actually it’s written very clearly indeed, but some of you illiterates can’t read it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@kilo just checking back. This is what I watched, JRM is on the committee

BTW the whole piece is spot on from JRM and Tim from UnHerd (excellent website imho). The Remainer is quite wrong that Leavers didn’t vote for global trade agreements. Those are exactly what I voted for.

[video]https://youtu.be/d0KpSAjnphM[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

Kelvin May’s 11 point letter was quite clear. Our priorities are services and manufacturing. Services are tariff free under WTO but non tariff bariers exist (eg on financial services) so an agreement is usefuo. Agriculture is not a UK priority in terms of an EU trade deal but one that the EU might care about. Also note JRM in the interview above who suggests the UK could just set it’s WTO import tariffs to zero on agriculture unilaterally and then support farmers as necessary. I have proposed we do that on cars and car components already – just set tariffs to zero.

The EU is a protectionist body, it is not going to give carte blanche recognition to UK standards and I doubt they’ll even partially recognise much from the UK. It’s not their DNA. If we want to sell to them we will do so to their standards and we will sell to others at different standards. If its more profitable to sell to others we’ll focus on that at the “expense”of less business with the EU. It’s a commercial decision. Given where 90% of the world’s growth lies I know where I am focusing.

pondo

Sweatshops in the far east?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Deal or No Deal. The Options.

Speech by David Campbell Bannerman (Conservative MEP and ex Kipper) on trade deals and with his proposal of a SuperCanada option for the UK (he worked on the Canada deal)

[video]https://youtu.be/7CeWwOT44Lo[/video]

Outline Trade Deal

kimbers

But if we set our own tarrifs to zero won’t other WTO members object?

Trade war with Trump (well Pence after Meullers done) anyone?

Before the ref the Brexiters were telling us this would be the easiest trade deal in history, that we’d hold all the cards, TNUMTWNT, that we’d wouldn’t follow the EUs negotiation schedule, that we wouldn’t loose the EMA + EBA, thatd never pay a 50bn exit bill, that we’d escape the evil clutches of the ECJ…..

Why should we start believing the Brexies now?

Junkyard
    Free Member

TRAITOR

Viewing 40 posts - 38,321 through 38,360 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.