Viewing 40 posts - 37,721 through 37,760 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • Edukator
    Free Member

If all that you wrote in your PM is true, Jamba, why do you post such utter nonsense on this thread. Your PM is is fact based, your posting on this thread was extremist Brexiter tosh.

I’m sure you could both make a positive contribution but choose not to, prefering to wind up people you address as mountain biking ignoraomuses.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Anyway, any chance of an answer as to why Irish headlines would be hinting to domestic difficulties?

You see ED? Good old DD is concerned over my comments over whether there is any link between the timing of headlines re the border and domestic political issues. Totally different to what you suggest. As per…

Wow, you need to calm down. Your accusations are becoming more and more outlandish. Ten deep breathes…..

kelvin

Kelvin – banks fund themselves via deposits and borrowings.They are not financed by governments.

Brilliant swerve. A reminder of your intellect. Now, do central banks lend to banks?

Edukator
    Free Member

You’re talking in riddle again, THM. Who is “ED”? I haven’t commented on the timing of Irish headlines.

Just winding someone up again I suppose but it shouldn’t be me so who is “ED”?

Ten deep breathes…..

More Micky taking, THM. ****

Del

😐

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Would a change to the party of government in Ireland lead to a change in the government’s approach to Brexit and the NI Border? (The answer to this one is easy for you thm, even with your admitted scant knowledge of Irish domestic politics.)

Leading on to why you think there’s a connection between headlines and “domestic difficulties”. Go on, do tell.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

At the margin and in exceptional circumstances.

In the main, banks funding comes predominantly from deposits and wholesale funding (borrowing) and the other side of their liabilities is equity. ed was simply confusing extraordinary policies with what happens generally. You decide if that was for effect or not.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Some guy who writes a lot of things on here that are incorrect. You see his posts a lot.

Anyway back to client meetings now to discuss Brexshit some more!!

kelvin

How much is the TFS worth? £100billion? Glad it occurred, and it may well be on the margins, and the referendum result has put us into exception circumstances. More than a bit harsh to go at someone for pointing out that lending from central banks to banks occurs though, don’t you think?

sr0093193
    Free Member

TMH has been very polite to you

Has he ****. He’s continually tried to bait him into the thread like the pathetic little man he is to try and score points to boost his ego and ‘win’ the internet by being obtuse.

All the while hell refuse to engage with anything that doesnt fit his narrative. Much like you jamba.

binners

There’s an incredible irony in the fact that a minority UK government, mainly consisting of foaming-at-the-mouth, right-wing headbangers, and propped up by a bunch of even more right-wing, ultra-hardline, creationist nut-jobs are doing more to bring about a united Ireland than the IRA managed in a decades-long campaign of violence

Edukator
    Free Member

Your twisting what I said, THM I’m not confused, I’mm fully aware of all the ways banks are funding. You denied with “nope” the eexistenceo fo one of them.

There’s no point to this, THM, Tj got banned because of your wilful provocation. Your only reaqson to be here is to attack other posters.

dazh

Who is “ED”?

I think his deliberate changing of people’s names is probably in some senior civil servant training manual about how to project authority by belittling people. It’s pretty pathetic really, and a sure sign that his overt confidence is not quite underpinned by his soaring intellect.

kelvin

That is unfair. Just using shorthand, no? Like others using “THM”?

Edukator
    Free Member

I’m not bothered by the abreviation just that I’ve said nothing on that issue.

This place sucks some days, and that nuber of days is increasing. One apple to poison the barrel. Swimming time.

dazh

Maybe I’m being too harsh? He does have a habit of it though. Obviously with such towering intelligence attention to detail is something that suffers 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There’s an incredible irony in the fact that a minority UK government, mainly consisting of foaming-at-the-mouth, right-wing headbangers, and propped up by a bunch of even more right-wing, ultra-hardline, creationist nut-jobs are doing more to bring about a united Ireland than the IRA managed in a decades-long campaign of violence

You know, I never really thought it would actually happen – not a UI – that is inevitable at some stage – but I await the first Tory to hint that a UI might be the best solution to enable their plan. A party that has tried never to publicly allow Irish Nationalism an inch may soon have members that will support the idea. 😆

binners

It’s just another example of the way in which a totally toxic, evangelical (Faragist?) anti-Europeanism has now completely driven out everything else in the Tory party, not least any rationality or pragmatism. It now more resembles a religious cult, more than a political party

Look how the alleged Marxist Jeremy Corbyn gets a better reception at the CBI than a sitting Tory PM, as he’s the least worst option. Weren’t the Tories always ‘The Party of Business’?

Not any more, they’re not.

Even that must be sacrificed at the alter of Brexit

kelvin

Remember, as regards the Irish border, some of the ultra Brexit players predict/want either Ireland to leave the EU as well, or for all the people in NI to give up on the idea of any joint/fluid national identity.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

but not an undemocratic remoaner

Not this tired load of tosh again…

The more you bang on about “the will of the people” & “remoaner” the more panicky you sound….

It’s getting tiring, but the end is in sight. The chronically bad budget & economic forecast is finally going to make it’s mark. Sooner or later, folks are going to realise Brexit is a stitch up, a really fing bad idea & a re-count will be called for.

That’s not undemocratic – it’s just correcting a really fing bad idea.

The upside is it’ll be the end of the Tories for at least a decade..

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thanks kelvin

Next thing we know folk will be posting #jambabollocks and things like that. Or maybe really rude and say TH 😉

mrlebowski
    Free Member

#jambabollocks

Well, if he does post lies again – I think it’ll be well deserved..

mickmcd
    Free Member

That silly cow should be gone never in my wildest imagination did I ever think the benefit price to the EUROPEAN Union would be hidden from the public surely public funds should be appropriated and accounted for this is bloody insane …end rant but as said above once that gets made public it’s over for the Tories and jezza will get the blame for the shithole after it’s another Tory masterstroke

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So what do we reckon is going to drop today given the ginger unimportant prince was allowed to announce his engagement today 😉

Still no idea why Liam Fox is going off script then?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Remember, as regards the Irish border, some of the ultra Brexit players predict/want either Ireland to leave the EU as well

To read some of their stuff on social media, some of them appear to think the British Isles is still all one country. 🙂

Ireland remaining is not hard boiled at all. There is a significant eurosceptic movement that holds fresh the memories of the troika around the time of the global crash.

I think the UK making such a bollix of it so far has slightly hardened the pro-EU side. As has the EU’s support for solutions before talks wrt the border.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I thought you had important meetings thm. Any chance of an answer to that question yet? It was a pretty easy one.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

It is horrific to think that the final bill may well never be disclosed….

Why?

Why hide the numbers?

Come on THM et al – wriggle your way out of that!

What about the 58 studies on Brexit & it’s impact that are being withheld?

If it’s such a cooking idea……lets bloody have them!

Pah, load of tosh & the Brexiteers know it……

binners

Still no idea why Liam Fox is going off script then?

There’s a script? 😯

sobriety
    Free Member

There’s a script?

I believe it was ‘Have cake and eat it’

Nice to see that it’s all going spiffingly.

rone

In the main, banks funding comes predominantly from deposits and wholesale funding (borrowing) and the other side of their liabilities is equity. ed was simply confusing extraordinary policies with what happens generally. You decide if that was for effect or not.

Even according to the BoE the bank’s funding doesn’t come from deposits.

“Rather than banks receiving deposits when households
    save and then lending them out, bank lending creates
    deposits.”

deviant
    Free Member

Create a united Ireland but anyone in Ulster who wants a UK passport can have one.

Give the EU their divorce bill out of the foreign aid budget, lol….we’ll see how badly they want it then.

This is easy.

kimbers

deviant – Member
    Create a united Ireland but anyone in Ulster who wants a UK passport can have one.

thats is not going to go down well with some (who happen to have TM by the balls)

Give the EU their divorce bill out of the foreign aid budget, lol….we’ll see how badly they want it then.

This is easy.

Im sure its very easy in your head

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Who cares what the orange brigade thinks. Just let the Irish sort it out amongst themselves, ie kill each other to death.

We can livestream it on tv and throw in a few airstrikes for added entertainment value.

Del

PUBG – Eire and NI DLC?
    😯

dissonance

thats is not going to go down well with some

If only they hadnt taken that other cash bung from dubious sources to push for brexit.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Rone. That is a very good post but technically slightly different. Your BoE reference was a belated recognition that banks do not merely intermediate between savers/depositors. For many decades and in most textbooks this was how banking was explained.

But as the BoE note, banks create the loan first and this then becomes a deposit. Most people and many bankers don’t understand this. They still think it’s the other way round.

But that does not mean your conclusion is correct. It isn’t. Deposits remain the main source of funding followed by wholesale funding (debt) despite what others would like you to misbelieve

Google any bank websites and look at their liabilities in the annual report. But go careful on Ed as the truth seems to upset him.

igm

But as the BoE note, banks create the loan first and this then becomes a deposit. Most people and many bankers don’t understand this. They still think it’s the other way round.

Like bookies innit? 😉

GrahamS

Anyone listen to Kate Hoey (Labour Brexiteer) on the Today programme this morning?

She wants to build a big beautiful wall and make the Mexicans Irish pay for it:

“We’re not the ones who will be putting up the physical border. If this ends up with a no-deal we won’t be putting up the border they’ll have to pay for it because it doesn’t need to happen.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/kate-hoey-radio-4-today-interview_uk_5a1bd32ce4b064948075558d

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Not really 😉 but it is the complete opposite to how people think banks work which is one reason why the BoE wrote the piece that rone refers to.

I send it to loads of people!! It’s an excellent article.

How are you IGM? Nice to have some sanity restored after being told that two direct substitutes are the same thing !

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Actually I think shes taking after the Mexicans….

Viewing 40 posts - 37,721 through 37,760 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.