Viewing 40 posts - 35,921 through 35,960 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • DrJ

Yes but apart from that, it’s all going perfectly – adults in the room, no froth, preparations being made etc etc.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes kimbers

The grown ups will ensure a deal. But lots of noise in the meantime

Both sides lose from no deal – why would either side accept that?

thecaptain
    Free Member

Both sides lose from the UK leaving – why would either side accept that?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Hmmmmm……

mrmo
    Free Member

Maybe because one side DOESN’T want a deal, look at the paymasters funding the Brexit campaign and ask what they want. These are people who will loose nothing from the chaos and infact stand to gain from the new opportunities.

You talk about adults in the room, sorry to tell you but there are none on the UK side.

slowoldman

The grown ups will ensure a deal

Oh, when are they joining in?

Edukator
    Free Member

Britain , the Isle of Man pore precisely, and the place’s boss, QE2, are getting some proper bad press in Germany today. The TV channles are indignant that German companies have avoided about 15 000 000 000e in tax through IOM fudges.

Because the EU states have so little to lose and are feeling so sore about IOMgate that they really can say “no deal is better than a bad deal”.

teethgrinder

How will the brexit voting public respond when they find out they have been shafted? Still waiting for an answer.

The majority are not clever enough to know. All they want to see is less foreign people.

mefty
    Free Member

Mefty – I get happier every day I see another nail in the coffin of Brexit. Of course I’m getting happier since June last year.

I fear you may cause a blip in future statistics.

igm

Perhaps, Mefty, perhaps.

Personally I doubt it, because if Brexit is cancelled the majority will be happy, if it goes ahead 95% of folk will get despondent pretty quickly.

But for now, when one’s government is a joke, the best thing to do is laugh at them. Can’t vote them out just yet, so it’ll have to do.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Mrmo

Well the people I am dealing with must be a mirage then. Odd when I shake their hands they feel oddly real

Don’t confuse the nutters with the people who are doing the real work

Because the EU states have so little to lose and are feeling so sore about IOMgate that they really can say “no deal is better than a bad deal”.

Yes the IoM really is a swing factor here 😯

airtragic
    Free Member

The majority are not clever enough to know. All they want to see is less foreign people.

*fewer.

slowoldman

They’re not clever enough to know the difference between less and fewer. Or interested.

DrJ

So who are these people, that you know about but the rest of us are too dumb to recognise? Are we to believe that behind the shambolic nonsense spouted by Davies and co there are armies of realistic and hard-nosed individuals negotiating away despite constantly being undermined by the codswallop emerging from the government, and that at the last moment a Norway-like deal will be revealed and sold to Parliament and the public? I’d like to believe it, but there is more evidence for Santa Claus.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Is that a serious question?

Why would we want a. Norway deal? Doesn’t suit our needs. That would be silly

zippykona

I try not to look at this thread for the sake of my ticker!
    Therefore this may have been done. The fact that the telegraph is printing it is significant.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/07/exclusive-poll-shows-public-have-lost-faith-theresa-mays-handling/

DrJ

Is that a serious question?

Why would we want a. Norway deal? Doesn’t suit our needs. That would be silly

Yes it’s a serious question. Forget Norway – it’s just an example of some halfway house that’s not membership and not WTO.

Junkyard
    Free Member

that suggests they had faith to lose 😉

thecaptain
    Free Member

JY it’s all based on faith, there never was any rational basis for it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

[Quote]Yes it’s a serious question[/quote]

Well that’s quite worrying.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think were as stupid as think we could leave, stop paying, not have immigration and retain trade as they needed us more than we needed the
    When reality finally sinks in they will blame the EU for being inflexible rather than themselves for being stupidly unrealistic

I think arrogance or hubris or stupidity are better explanations than faith

Both sides lose from the UK leaving – why would either side accept that?

apparently we are definitely leaving

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I agree with DrJ on this.

Who are these people? Please tell us? I mean this seriously. I stand to lose my job if there’s a cliff edge (I work in automotive stuff)…. I am currently job hunting (well, window shopping, but getting ready to move)

DrJ

Well that’s quite worrying.

Maybe. But can you answer it, or do you only have more sneering?

kelvin

That’s one question we can all answer DrJ.
    Unconstructive sneering only, of course.

Edukator
    Free Member

It doesn’t take much to swing opinion, THM. It only took a few lies to get Brexit. It’ll only take a few truths to convince Europeans that taking a hard line on Brexit negociations is in their best interests.

igm

I know one of the Brexy civil servants, my boss a few* more – verdict is nice guys, intelligent, but lacking in gravitas and experience. Or put it another way, rather too likely to do whatever daft thing their minister asks of them.

No there aren’t teams of grownups behind the scenes. There may be a few, that might be enough, but don’t bet your house on it.

*quite a few

Junkyard
    Free Member

you choose to feed the troll what you expecting to happen from the exchange?

He gave up saying anything months and months ago

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Of course, anyone who cares a jot about what is going on would know the answer.

So if people are going to call Brexshiteers thick, then they should be able to demonstrate different standards themselves. Unless …..

tjagain

I think the main issues are that the folk doing the negotiations are seriously lacking in intellectual capacity and apart from when they go to the EU they are living in an echo chamber that simply reinforces their own position and no one ever questions it.

Del;uded fools in other words. Utterly stupid intheir action. completely incapable of doing any of this right.

Every day the bad news gets worse. History will not trat them well

No deal is possible from here. No significant progress on the major stumbling blocks has happened at all.

Paltry offer on EU citizens that is never going to be accepted, complete fantasy over NI and an unwillingness to pay our way.

Its donald ducked

igm

THM – the facts generally back up Brexies being thicker* than the stalwart British remainers – though I accept that is a generalisation.

*perhaps didn’t take as much advantage of the education on offer would be a better way of putting it

kelvin

Empty words THM. You have assumed a holding pattern. Waiting for the current Conservative government to form a plan that is both achievable, and acceptable to all ministers*.

[ *almost added “acceptable to half the country”, but that would be ridiculous ]

Tick.

Tock.

DrJ

Of course, anyone who cares a jot about what is going on would know the answer.

Maybe. But I don’t know it. So help me out and tell me what it is,

Edukator
    Free Member

“Brexshiteers” are thick, xenophobic, gullible or have vested interests. I thought we’d worked that out around page 150.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If thm can rant about his own definition of austerity then let’s get something right.
    No deal is a know incredibly shit outcome.
    Anything else is a deal – getting a deal in itself is easy and not an achievement.
    Unless it’s a carbon copy of one of the others any think agreed will be unique and bespoke.
    In summary it’s all meaningless here.

The options now are damage minimisation or sword falling. It’s a question that goes unanswered but when would the “must happens” accept that it shouldn’t happen?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It doesn’t take much to swing opinion, THM. It only took a few lies to get Brexit.

Ah, that old chestnut.

Truths??? Thanks for keeping the comedy element up, it was getting a bit tense ^

Try reading a Dutch or Danish paper

Junkyard
    Free Member

The brighter folk worked that out hence why THM has been left behind

Just take the piss back folk, or dont feed as there is zero chance of actual debate, you must have realised this by now.

kelvin

Ah, that old chestnut.

Look into my eyes… there were no lies… the public will not turn against Brexit under any circumstances… it is not possible… their will is immutable…

tjagain

Why on earth do you guys keep feeding the troll. Just ignore him. Basic rule of the internet.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I think the main issues are that the folk doing the negotiations are seriously lacking in intellectual capacity

Given the flow of untruths you post on this thread, that takes same balls to make such an accusation. Wow!?!

From direct experience I know that you are miles off the mark and the accusations rude and unfounded. Plus ca change

Junkyard
    Free Member

obvs they lack our self restraint TJ 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 35,921 through 35,960 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.