Viewing 40 posts - 33,681 through 33,720 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • binners

Is there anywhere where I can find an article with a positive spin on it?

No chance! Anyone with a brain is despairing of this madness. And all the swivel-eyed Daily Mail brigade will be apoplectic as she failed to tell Johnny Foreigner to **** off!, then order the carpet bombing of Paris!

dannyh
    Free Member

this road we’re kicking the can down….. how long is it actually?

Whoah! The important thing is which side of the road we are kicking it down.

Is it the red, white and blue, land of hope and glory, thin red line, chest-puffing left hand side, or the snidey, surrender-monkey, backstabbing, devious right hand side (also known as the ‘wrong’ side)?

Upon such distinctions doth the future of the nation depend.

thecaptain
    Free Member

THM I want my **** unicorn and it’s in your best interests to give it to me sharpish.

kimbers

I imagine the express/mail/telegraph will be saying it’s great.

Even they know a transition is essential, so (rather than admit that brexit was a silly idea) they’ll pretend it’s what they wanted all along.

Maybot did make a fair few concessions in there, suddenly deciding that ECJ can influence UK courts even managing to say she liked EU workers!
    And of course we will keep paying in -no longer with any say on how it’s spent, obvs…..

All in a pretty big admission of our weak position,

Still asking EU to be ‘creative’ coz she can’t sell EEA & Canada options to the UK that Brexies & the torries have been selling fantasy Brexit to, was pretty cheeky.

kimbers

thecaptain – Member
    THM I want my **** unicorn and it’s in your best interests to give it to me sharpish.

Ironically it’s world rhino day today, which is like an uglier, greyer version of a unicorn, but u won’t be getting one of them either

binners

I want my unicorn NOW!!!!

thecaptain
    Free Member

Maybe the big cunning plan is to add two years to the transition timetable, every year.

AD

On the plus side Farage doesn’t seem very happy so every cloud and all that… 🙂

welshfarmer

Not sure it is coincidence but not a single boy was registered with the name of Nigel last year in the UK 🙂

pondo

It’s like some kind of sick nightmare. 🙁

dannyh
    Free Member

pondo – Member
    It’s like some kind of sick nightmare.

POSTED 19 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

It is a sick nightmare except we seemingly can’t wake up from this one. And we actively wished for it (or enough idiots did).

“It is like watching a nation busily building its own funeral pyre” to badly quote Enoch Powell. That should outrage a few of our resident fascists as well.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just consider the absolute mountain of extra work we now have to do for absolutely no reason. Who’s going to be doing it all? Who’s going to pay their salaries?

What won’t get done or funded because people are busy working on fixing a mess we created for no reason?

mattyfez

Read some of the comments on the express site this afternoon.. Quite amusing, they are utterly frothing calling may a traitor, the ‘people have spoken’ comments get trotted out about every 6th comment. Still.
    Calls for Jacob rees mog to be PM, although the best one from today, apparently this transitional period will lead to an invasion of Africans.

I’d quite like to be angry about what they are saying, but truth is they are so absurd it’s proving difficult.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I can’t wait to hear Jamba Rees Mogg’s spin on the Maybots speech…

😆

mattjg
    Free Member

hardcore Brexit toys well out of the pram over May’s speech. so it’s achieved something.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Rees Mogg would have expected Mrs May to have given birth to WTO tariffs as Brexit was conceived at the point of referendum.

There is not two ounces of s**t for brains among any of them, i can only assume that the Tory sociopath gene has been fully distributed.

THM you are not required to hold the Jamba post in his/her absence.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Brexit – going going …..

As I have said previously it’s a lost deal , no sale, delete it from both prospects and pipeline.

The only question now is… who pulls the plug ?

Theresa or Jeremy (maybe Keir ?)

cchris2lou

why was it in Florence if no one apart from british people attended ?

thecaptain
    Free Member

Milton Keynes was booked solid, apparently.

igm

Milton Keynes is a no-no.

Too many roundabouts. Too much chance of a u-turn.

mattjg
    Free Member

Brexit – going going …..

As I have said previously it’s a lost deal , no sale, delete it from both prospects and pipeline.

The only question now is… who pulls the plug ?

Theresa or Jeremy (maybe Keir ?)

describe the mechanism by which you think this is going to happen please …. because I want to believe you, but I don’t.

at some point, the govt would have to rescind A50 and the 27 agree to it. I just can’t see it.

dannyh
    Free Member

cchris2lou – Member
    why was it in Florence if no one apart from british people attended ?

POSTED 8 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Safe distance, so the reek of bullshit and political death might not make it back here. No chance.

People who read the Express and Mail are hateful. As in full of hate. Small people with small cocks* and small minds finding some kind of belonging with similarly awful people.

*Lots of women as well – usually entitled types who’ve married money and don’t want their hard “earned” (wink-wink) cash to go to waste.

I love this country. And hate what it has come to represent as a result of this nonsense.

kimbers

Mk is Corbyn country !

Must admit the frothing of the betrayed brexies calling for Maybot’s head on Twitter, Facebook etc has been most amusing today!

binners

She used up every deserted airfield and empty warehouse in the UK during her election campaign, so they’ve resorted to throwing darts at a map of the world to see where they can go where they’re sure not to encounter any actual voters

The next announcement about there not being any grammar schools after all is booked for a beech hut in Papua New Guinea

Boris and the rest of them are being flown over in the back of an RAF Hercules and thrown out the back like the shittest aid drop ever

slowoldman

at some point, the govt would have to rescind A50 and the 27 agree to it. I just can’t see it.

There is absolutely nothing to prevent it I seem to recall.

mattjg
    Free Member

you’re right – but what’s going to make them do it?

Edukator
    Free Member

at some point, the govt would have to rescind A50 and the 27 agree to it.

I really don’t see a refusal, it wouldn’t require unanimity and I don’t see a problem getting 55% representing 65% of the population on board even if it ever came to a vote which I doubt it would.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Question is whether the govt could ever bring itself to vote for it. Would be hard to stomach after all they’ve said over the months and years. Indefinite delay and transition may turn out to be the most plausible route, even though it’s unquestionably shitter than the status quo (pre-ref when we still did things like take the presidency in turn).

binners

The foaming at the mouth ‘betrayal!!!’ of the hard-of-thinking Brexit nutjobs on Twitter is hilarious!! 😆

thecaptain
    Free Member

I’m following the wrong people.

mattjg
    Free Member

Question is whether the govt could ever bring itself to vote for it.

Yeah there’s the rub.

I’m following the wrong people.

Aaron Banks.

mrmo
    Free Member

you’re right – but what’s going to make them do it?

Nothing, they stand to make too much money from trashing the economy. The tories have a one off chance to do what they really want, to rule un-opposed. If things get messy declare a state of emergency ad rely on the more extreme elements in the military to do their duty. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41241153 seen plenty of comments from people who claim to be former soldiers espousing similar views.

binners

Just put #florencespeech into twitter and enjoy. The Maybot has managed to please absolutely nobody. Inevitable I suppose

kimbers

Just put #florencespeech into twitter and enjoy. The Maybot has managed to please absolutely nobody.

My word there are some angry people out there, no wonder Gina miller needed police protection!

More worryingly some don’t have a clue what Brexit entails

rone

My word there are some angry people out there, no wonder Gina miller needed police protection

!

Question Time was exactly like this last night, brexitters still not understanding why we are paying anything at all. Even the EU membership they don’t get.

It’s so black and white to them. Ahem.

mrmo
    Free Member

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obrien-this-decision-is-brexit-in-a-nutshell/

run along and let your betters deal with the difficult decisions.

Shackleton

Shackleton

Autocorrect turned #florencespeech to #flounce speech when searching Twitter.

Somehow seems more appropriate!

mrmo
    Free Member

https://notthetreasuryview.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/citizens-rights-will-theresa-may-keep.html

interesting take on Mays speech, did she really mean what she said?

Viewing 40 posts - 33,681 through 33,720 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.