Viewing 40 posts - 33,641 through 33,680 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Shared history
    Shared challenges
    Shared future

😀

Necklace (tick)

binners

She’s a great orator, isn’t she?

It feels like being told off by a particularly useless supply teacher

kelvin

“You need our spooks and navy.”

“We don’t want a hard border in Ireland.”

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

slowoldman – Member
    Looks like a tough audience

apparently no one from the EU is there, nor the Italian PM, just the british press & entourage she flew out there

great example of what a huge waste of time & money brexit is!

kelvin

“Trade AND Security.”

You can see what she thinks is her strong hand…

kelvin

“No EEA, no FTA… something else.”

Plenty of time to fill in the details later…

FTA ruled out now because it would take too long, apparantly (who knew?), so we need to be more “imaginative”.

binners

Blah blah blah…. cake…. Blah blah blah…. eat it

SECURITY!

kelvin

Lots of difficulties and problems now being outlined. Nothing hinted at in terms of solutions yet… hold on, arbitration solution time…

slowoldman

She keeps bleating on about a deep and special relationship. That’s what we currently have.

kelvin

…ah, no, just a reminder that it can’t include ECJ, no alternative arbitration solution suggested.

Right, back to SECURITY…

binners

Shes lapsed into a BAE Systems promotional video

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

So much talking but without really saying anything 🙄

kelvin

So, 2 year transition, and continuing to pay during that time. That’s it. Nothing more. Will still upset some.

somafunk

waffle…waffle…ambition….unprecedented….security……..prosperous…..partnership…..strong leadership….smooth and orderly….implementation……move forward………ahh **** it i can’t be arsed to listen to this cretinous gobshite anymore, I’m away to play in the rain n” mud.

binners

SECURITY?!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

So much talking but without really saying anything

You’ve got to use your imagination.

mrmo
    Free Member

So we don’t want the ECJ and accept the UK courts aren’t enough…. So another set of courts and who are the judges going to be, and what happens when they declare her in contempt or rule against her?

The idea of a transition is so blinding obvious that it almost needn’t be said.

mrmo
    Free Member

ah Britains future is bright…. yes with a country split down the middle looks really good, with regions that have been ignored for decades. etc.

and as long as the EU do what they are told it will all be fine….

binners

Here’s what I want!

Make it so!

kelvin

Best question from Sky! Cuts through the waffle.
    No real answer.
    So not a FTA, and no EEA, and no hint about which the new relationship should be closer to.
    No movement.
    No clarity.
    No decision made on “our side” yet.

[Faisal Islam]

oldnpastit

Can we demand that the Europeans give us a Brexit deal which stipulates that we don’t ever have to see Theresa May or Boris Johnson ever again?

kimbers

Basically saying that politically I cant sell Norway or Canada option so the onus is on the EU to come up with an alternative.

Shirley the onus is on the UK if were the ones that want brexit?

mrmo
    Free Member

Thinking, is May proposing to establish a “EEA” with one member and then invite the EU to join?

kelvin

“What exactly do you want from the EU, and Germany, after this speech?”

> insert waffle <

[ question was from Süddeutsche Zeitung I think ]

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Can we demand that the Europeans give us a Brexit deal which stipulates that we don’t ever have to see Theresa May or Boris Johnson ever again?

**** it. Hard Brexit now. Even if society collapses into Mad Max/The Road style end of days, fighting for your life using a spear fashioned out of a dining room table leg has got to better than listening to this.

slowoldman

Shirley the onus is on the UK if were the ones that want brexit?

You would think so wouldn’t you? But no. It’s “we’re leaving and YOU have to make it work in OUR best interest”.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Chris Grayling is a ****.

Yes. Yes, he is. Virtually everything Grayling has touched has gone wrong, the recent legal challenge to swingeing cuts during his tenure at the Justice department are the latest in a long catalogue of failure. If he were handed a broom, he’d grasp it by the wrong end.

martinhutch

‘Let’s think creatively’

=

‘I don’t have a scooby what’s coming’

She’s had 15 months to think creatively, but instead she’s fannied around with elections and meaningless waffle, and today is more of the same. Clueless, hopeless, incompetent buffoons.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Clueless, hopeless, incompetent buffoons

Quite.

aracer
    Free Member

I missed the speech – can somebody summarise the substantive points she made?

theotherjonv

yep.

………

Does that help?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I missed the speech – can somebody summarise the substantive points she made?

The Norway and Canadian models won’t work for us, can we have a bespoke deal, please? No rush, none at all.

We’re actually going to play really nice on common security policy now.

Can we have some “creative” ideas, please?
    *note: the combined intellect of the Conservative cabinet is incapable of moving the game forwards.

No deal really won’t work for us.
    *note: Six months after triggering Article 50 without knowing what we actually wanted, we realise that we made a colossal mistake and we hope that you feel a bit sorry for us and continue with the existing arrangements for a while, apart from the bits we don’t like, even though it doesn’t make any sense.

The damage it’s doing to the reputation of the Conservative party is immense. Every cloud and all that.

Northwind

martinhutch – Member

She’s had 15 months to think creatively, but instead she’s fannied around with elections and meaningless waffle

When you think of it that is actually quite creative. “Right we’ve got a job to do. Instead let’s call a general election and destroy our own majority for no reason”. You wouldn’t have thought of that, would you?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Biggest face palm in history of the world.

dannyh
    Free Member

But……I don’t get it.

How are we going to have an extra £350m a week for the NHS when we are going to have to pay £20bn over two years?

I can’t put my finger on it, but something feels wrong here.

And what about the unicorns?

Over the last year I have thought, from time to time, that I might be able to shrug this off and become one of the “let’s just get on with it” tendency.

But I can’t and I won’t. I have a seemingly bottomless well of contempt that I can delve into for the morons who landed us in this predicament.

GEDA
    Free Member

Is there anywhere where I can find an article with a positive spin on it?

dannyh
    Free Member

Is there anywhere where I can find an article with a positive spin on it?

I’m sure, in this post-truth world, someone will have a crack.

But remember, not everything on the internet (or indeed anywhere) is true.

Jamby would probably have had a go, but he’s flounced.

nickhit3
    Free Member

there is no positive spin. only John Pienarr and Death.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Positive response from Barnier in general but with expected caveats on Ireland (shock horror) and details (no really)

theotherjonv

this road we’re kicking the can down….. how long is it actually?

I always thought a large proportion of the leavers will have checked out before we actually leave; I’m beginning to think it won’t be an issue for me either – and I’m ‘only’ 48

Viewing 40 posts - 33,641 through 33,680 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.