Viewing 40 posts - 33,481 through 33,520 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

very insightful THM as always there, maybe grab a coffee first…

Thank you x2 but there’s enough froth already so will pass on the coffee.

Perhaps if you didn’t selectivly quote to remove context the statement would have made sense

Perhaps .. but you did contradict yourself would you like cappuccino, latte or Americano?

they are free to reject, comment and all the rest on anything the UK puts forward

They are. Let’s hope they are not waiting too long. When do you think the UK might have something to discuss?

the UK is running out of time and not delivering anything near what it needs to in time for a decent discussion and negotiation

You missed “and the EU” but otherwise reasonably accurate

thecaptain
    Free Member

The EU has nothing to deliver. It’s not asking for brexit. It doesn’t know what the UK is looking for (other than a mishmash of contradictory interviews and speeches from the three brexiteers and their glorious leader)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes it does and they are aware of the sticking points in what we would like to achieve. They are obvious to all.

Some small compromises have been reached but substantive issues remain – unfortunately the Eu doesn’t want to engage on those issues yet. Very odd, unless it’s a deliberate tactic

thecaptain
    Free Member

That’s remarkable THM. You’re trying to stick blame on the EU for the UK making inconsistent and impossible demands with no plausible solution.

THM, I demand you give me a unicorn. If you don’t come up with constructive proposals towards my getting a unicorn, it will all be on your head.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No I am not

You may demand until the cows come home. It won’t get you very far

igm

I’ll give you a unicorn, it’ll be beautiful, it’ll be the greatest unicorn ever*

*Note; unicorn not guaranteed.

thecaptain
    Free Member

THM, you’re fired. I’m negotiating with igm from now on.

igm

Sorry thecaptain, I just remembered I want to do a unicorn deal with THM first.

And maybe start a war with someone. Not really bothered who, but it’ll be to defend the citizens of the Unicorn States of Amnesia when I do. I need a small isolated, easily defeated country.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Once you have found the unicorn I will start proper negotiations – that sounds reasonable doesn’t it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Er you what

Perhaps .. but you did contradict yourself would you like cappuccino, latte or Americano?

The UK having no real plan at the moment is not a contradiction of the statement that other people can reject a future plan.
    My unicorn farm is open but it’s only the females available the lads are all busy filling the tubeless sealant bottles.
    Orders welcome

On other matters is it causation or correlation to link the mood of some posters and the name at the top of this list
    https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-prime-minister

thecaptain
    Free Member

Surprised Ugo Ehiogu isn’t higher up on the list given some of the names….

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Poor old Vince!

(Just submitting my analysis on impact of Brexshit that I co-wrote last week. Sods Law TM might actually say something important in Florence tomorrow and it will need a redraft!!)

igm

TM might actually say something important

😆

kimbers

Everyone knows you can’t farm unicorns, they have to be reared free range or their horns fall off.

Maybot won’t say anything that important, unless she’s had a complete OS update.
    At best some minor tweaks to EU citizens offer, nothing but unicorns for the NI border and a £20bn downpayment on our exit bill.

Will be interesting to see what the hard Brexit clowns in the Tory party have to say about that, I suspect Redwoods pulse may even breach 20bpm for a short while. Johnson will be ruffling his hair in preparation for the pre-arranged doorstepping, Mogg probably beating a servant with excitement that he’ll get to be outraged on QT soon.

mattjg
    Free Member

TM might actually say something important in Florence tomorrow

“Brexit means Brexit”.

“Strong and stable”.

“No deal is better than a bad deal”.

“Deep and special partnership”.

Right that’s that done. What’s next?

binners

Sods Law TM might actually say something important in Florence tomorrow and it will need a redraft!!

I wouldn’t lose much sleep worrying about that

Brexit means Brexit

repeat to fade….

Sandwich

TM might actually say something important in Florence tomorrow

I’ll have a pint of whatever it was lead to this statement. 😀

Unicorns, we want unicorns!

molgrips
    Free Member

I need a small isolated, easily defeated country.

I’ve heard that before.

thecaptain
    Free Member

a small isolated, easily defeated country

we resemble that remark…

igm

Breaking news.

BoJo threatening to resign having found out May is speaking in Florence. Apparently he though she was speaking to Ms Nightingale.

mattjg
    Free Member

I need a small isolated, easily defeated country

Ireland?

mrmo
    Free Member

Ireland?

Well they did kick the English out, or if your generous got a stalemate (NI) so probably not the best example.

jimster01

“No deal is better than a bad deal”.

Can you imagine starting divorce proceedings with that line?

“Okay, don’t slam the door on the way out.”

dannyh
    Free Member

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/sep/21/liar-boris-johnson-europe-trust-britain-brexit-bill

I don’t know why anyone is worried about national humiliation as a result of asking for Brexit to be called off. Boris et al are achieving this anyway!

We need to back out of this quickly, before the rest of Europe realise truly what a bunch of insular muppets we really are!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No, we just need to make it work

The decision has been made

aracer
    Free Member

Cool. So when will thecaptain be getting his unicorn?

binners

I don’t know why anyone is worried about national humiliation as a result of asking for Brexit to be called off. Boris et al are achieving this anyway!

I’m just going to put this out there, in case it hadn’t crossed your mind yet…. 3 words….

Tory. Party. Conference.

With the barking mad swivel-eyed loons most definitely in the ascendency, and still giddy on their ‘victory’, and with Euro-bashing, and ‘I’m more Brexit than you’ being the flavour of the day generally, can you just picture how toe-curlingly embarrassing its going to be?

An unholy cacophony of xenophobic, flag-waving, closed-minded, blame-Jonny-foreigner, 2-world-wars-and-a-world-cup babbling, as the blue-rinse cadavers in the audience cheer on in a rapturous, demented fervour, like some hellish undead vision of a Brit winning Wimbledon*

And these people are apparently in charge and running the country

To paraphrase Trainspotting

Some hate the Tories. I don’t. They’re just ****. We, on the other hand, are COLONISED by ****. Can’t even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We’re ruled by effete assholes. It’s a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won’t make any ****king difference

I don’t think I can stand to watch it! It’ll be like a BNP rally in a home for the terminally bewildered!

* A proper one! A nice boy from the home counties. Not some frightful interloper from the provinces.

dannyh
    Free Member

binners – Member

I’m just going to put this out there, in case it hadn’t crossed your mind yet…. 3 words….

Tory. Party. Conference.

With the barking mad swivel-eyed loons most definitely in the ascendency, and still giddy on their ‘victory’, and with Euro-bashing, and ‘I’m more Brexit than you’ being the flavour of the day generally, can you just picture how toe-curlingly embarrassing its going to be?

An unholy cacophony of xenophobic, flag-waving, closed-minded, blame-Jonny-foreigner, 2-world-wars-and-a-world-cup babbling, as the blue-rinse cadavers in the audience cheer on in a rapturous, demented fervour, like some hellish undead vision of a Brit winning Wimbledon*

And these people are apparently in charge and running the country

To paraphrase Trainspotting

Some hate the Tories. I don’t. They’re just ****. We, on the other hand, are COLONISED by ****. Can’t even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We’re ruled by effete assholes. It’s a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won’t make any ****king difference

I don’t think I can stand to watch it!

* A proper one! A nice boy from the home counties. Not some frightful interloper from the provinces.

Posted 6 minutes ago # Report-Post

Yep, this fiasco and football hooliganism – what a wonderful public face we show to Europe.

dannyh
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

Posted 12 minutes ago # Report-Post

Brilliant!

So, no need to worry, then. Let’s just “make it work”. Phew.

Boris Johnson and Liam Fox’s ‘strategy’ summed up beautifully.

“Details, details, don’t bother me with details, just tell me when it’s done”.

mrmo
    Free Member

And can it be “made to work” before March 2019? Not a cats chance in hell. This isn’t about whether it is a good idea or a bad idea. Just is it practicable. Can customs get a system in place, no, can border force get officers in place, no. etc etc etc.

As for the laughable idea that a decision has been made, what decision was that? To give power to the Tory party? Sorry no one won the last election despite May carrying on like nothing has changed. Seem to be seeing some questions over the DUP bung and how long till that fails to materialise. It was not a binding referendum and certainly no more binding than another election.

If Kenyan courts can overthrow the result of a “democratic” election, why can’t the UK courts do the same when the same questions have arisen?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Remember it has to be done, here come the Unicorns

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Danny I am working very hard on the details that affect me and making the necessary preparations. Perhaps you could do the same. It’s going to happen however much you might complain

Get ready
    Get on with it

mikewsmith
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    Danny I am working very hard on the details that affect me and making the necessary preparations. Perhaps you could do the same. It’s going to happen however much you might complain

Are you working on the NI border issue?
    What about the trade deal?
    The exit payments?
    The FoM issues?

Glad your working on your bit but you are still screwed if/when Tory self destruct hits it.

Cougar

If that’s how British politics works, why aren’t the Whigs still in charge?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Are you working on the NI border issue?
    What about the trade deal?
    The exit payments?
    The FoM issues?

Someone Else will sort that stuff out.

Otherwise just be a quitling and GET ON WITH IT!

thecaptain
    Free Member

Cool. Looking forward to the unicorn. Glad it’s not my problem to find one. I’ll have a red white and blue one if that’s ok with you.

dannyh
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

Get ready
    Get on with it

Posted 20 minutes ago #

I really, really hope you are missing the point wilfully here in an attempt to get a rise. Otherwise, well, you’re just making yourself look silly. 😐

thecaptain
    Free Member

Get ready
    Get on with it

Yes, I’m in the process of signing a contract with a German company, and have looked up the possibility of relocating my company to within the EU in case that becomes necessary for future contracts. Apparently Estonia is quite flexible in terms of residency, if the UK loses a bit of tax revenue then so be it.

But given that brexit basically can’t happen, I’m not going to lose too much sleep over it in the meantime.

aracer
    Free Member

FFS THM, get on with it. I’d already done all that I could to make it work months ago. Mind you I haven’t promised anybody a unicorn…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Given that religion is taboo on STW I will refrain from quoting St Francis of Assisi’s serenity prayer and just say that we can only deal with what we can control and what is in front of us. I can’t do anything about the Irish border. I will leave that to those who are better qualified

A hard brexshit will be negative for us for sure but – again a tabbo opinion here – the costs for EU may be even greater. We shall see who blinks first!!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 33,481 through 33,520 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.