Viewing 40 posts - 31,601 through 31,640 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • piemonster

FFS that is one of the saddest posts on this whole thread.

This wasn’t all that far behind…

Edukator so when the “no purchasing” strategy fails what next terrorism ?

igm

Yet still the Remainers are trying to derail the process. At least that anti-democratic stance is consistent with the behaviour of the EU itself

That is the democratic process. Saying it’s all over we won is Mugabe-esque

FFS that is one of the saddest posts on this whole thread.

Sad but true though.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

We need to leave, the flag waving right wing and the confused Brexiteer voters need to watch/suffer the consequences.

The only problem is who will the right wing blame for the post brexit mess? The enemy within? The educated class for not “trying” hard enough…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

oldmanmtb – Member
    We need to leave, the flag waving right wing and the confused Brexiteer voters need to watch/suffer the consequences.

The poor will suffer
    The sick will suffer
    The old will suffer
    The young will suffer
    Research will suffer
    Science will suffer….

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Saying it’s all over we won is Mugabe-esque

Boils my p1ss when I hear Brexiteers saying “shut up, get over it”.

Like F.

As if you would.

Trying to claim some kind of moralistic democratic highgroubd is irony at its most obvious.

mattjg
    Free Member

That’s their mantra because for lots of leave voters it’s the first time in their lives they feel like winners.

DrJ

The poor will suffer
    The sick will suffer
    The old will suffer
    The young will suffer
    Research will suffer
    Science will suffer….

Of course, but the masters Upstairs will be fine, so it’s not our place to complain, just get on with it.

At least I think that’s the general argument.

DrJ

Meanwhile David Davis’s detatchment from reality continues….

Will he actually be attending the negotiations this time, or just dropping by again?

Northwind

oldmanmtb – Member

The only problem is who will the right wing blame for the post brexit mess? The enemy within? The educated class for not “trying” hard enough…

You need to ask? Foreigners, and Labour.

thecaptain
    Free Member

And the reality-based community for daring to point out that this bit of a mess has no good outcome rather than “getting behind brexit”.

Oh, it will be fun.

thecaptain
    Free Member

I didn’t write “bit of a mess”.

zippykona

The Times cartoons are always pretty damning of the whole affair.
    Are they damning the people or the process?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Trying to claim some kind of moralistic democratic highgroubd is irony at its most obvious

Highground? Are you serious? Since the result, remoaners have snatched the baton off the Brexshiteers in the race to moralistic depths with constant lying and manipulation of the truth, presenting grossly distorted pictures of what is happening, and doing their best to ignore the result of a democratic process. There is not high ground or even middle ground here, just a race for the moralistic bottom of post truth politics.

It’s appaling if interesting (and occasionally amusing) to watch with only Trumps distortion of the truth trumping our our version of how to bend reality to fit a predetermined purpose.

The baton is currently firmly held by the owner of the shameful Jo Cox comment. Unlikely to be beaten as a low point.

kimbers

Will he actually be attending the negotiations this time, or just dropping by again

Seeing as he only does a 3 day week, will be be taking 3 days off in lieu for having to work on the bank holiday?

Pretty sure now they know that a decent deal is way above their ability, so setting us up for a hard Brexit & double down on blaming the foreigners.

igm

I think killing Jo Cox was lower, THM.

Please don’t trivialise it like the Brexies did at the time. It was a horrible response to a horrible act.

oldnpastit

The EU can go whistle if they want any money from us.

[/irony]

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

TBF to the Guradian, they wrote a whole article that was almost factually correct this time, although they did slip or the payment being about how much we must “pay to leave.” Tut, tut….sloppy

But for a change DD is being sensible over sequencing and standing up to the EU’s classic non negotiating negotiations – their sequencing is among the things we should be standing up,to. In this case, good for DD. Perfectly sensible position. One of the few.

IGM – I agree it was an appaling act of murder that should not be trivialised our distorted for false purposes as above. That was sad, indeed one could argue sick.

binners

You’ve cottoned on to the fact there’s a lot more of them than us, and its not their economies that will be devastated if no deal is reached?

You are David Davis and I claim my pack of post it notes! 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

QED (in spades)

Everyone loses in a no deal scenario, that is a known, known. Indeed one of the few.

The EU are well aware of that albeit equally terrified of the prospect – however slim – that the UK “could” make it work. Then the project is in deep trouble. Time will tell.

binners, I will spare asking you to provide evidence of any analysis that shows the devastating consequences that you allude to as we both know that it doesn’t exist. But thank you for proving my point so clearly

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s Toblerone binners just dont ask where he kept it

Time will tell.

Are we waiting for global warming to flood Europe or for the asteroid?

sbob
    Free Member

mrlebowski – Member

triggering of A50 with a huge majority

#jambafact

498 vs 114, so totally unrepresentative of the public, but not on this occasion a #jambafact.
    Just an obvious smokescreen.

igm

IGM – I agree it was an appaling act of murder that should not be trivialised our distorted for false purposes as above. That was sad, indeed one could argue sick.

Go back and check the press. The Brexies were pretty quick to distort it and try to use it to their advantage. One of the things that formed my opinion about some of them.

And to be precise you defined referring to her murder (is it assassination when it’s politically driven?) as the low point, I’m saying that the murder was lower and you are trivialising it by your comment.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

So we are still playing, if the Bexies did it, so can we?

Sorry, I disagree. No need to make things up about Brexshit and its impact (real or otherwise) nor about the tragic death of Jo Cox. Rise above don’t descend below.

igm

Agreed. Please do so.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😯

igm

Speaking of if the Brexies do it…

Jamba was talking about violence as the next way of stopping Brexit. Now I don’t condone it, but I wonder where he got the idea?

Nigel Farage has said violence on the streets could be the “next step” if immigration is not controlled.

The Ukip leader told the BBC said it was “difficult to contemplate” it happening in Britain, but added “nothing is impossible”.

“It’s legitimate to say that if people feel they’ve lost control completely, and we have lost control of our borders completely as members of the EU, and if people feel voting doesn’t change anything, then violence is the next step,” he said.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Doing it again – jambas was talking the mickey out of Edukator and you twist it again. Rise above it, rise above it….

igm

Nah. That’s Jamba’s Edinburgh defence. Don’t be fooled.

Strange isn’t it that when taking the mickey, violence on the street is the first thing that springs to Jamba’s mind. I’m sure he doesn’t condone it either, but I’ll leave that for him to say.

As for Edukator’s idea, there are lists of Brexy supporting businesses out there if you wish to target your economic pressure.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No interest in that at all. They had their right to a view, just as we had. That would be petty and self defeating. Rather target my economic pressure – to whatever extent that exists – on a positive* outcome rather than negative reactions

* or at least a minimise the damage outcome 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

Doing it again – jambas was talking the mickey out of Edukator

Yup 100%

The BBC has this round sussed, as I too have posted numerous times nothing much will happen till after the German elections

Fairly technical. No big bang. No breakthrough. But no breakdown – 10 words that don’t make for a great headline, I’m afraid

As reported elsewhere the UK side will give a presentation of what they see as our LEGAL obligations with respect to payments. It’s always been our position that’s what we will pay netted off against their LEGAL obligations to us. Barnier is asking for a “position paper” on the “Brexit Bill” but we have been clear from the start, legal obligations only and no payment talks until trade discussions start.

Not surprisingly the French are getting twitchy, a hard border will be at their expense with regard to staffing and facilities and any tariffs they collect 75% have to be sent straight to the EU. Them’s the rules. 🙂

kimbers

It’s always been our position that’s what we will pay netted off against their LEGAL obligations to us

[video]https://youtu.be/cqD9Ic-Cjk0[/video]

More brexie BS

igm

Edinburgh, Jamba, Edinburgh

Suggests violence then it was all a joke.

igm

To be fair, the Brexies are basically scum, and they won’t be able to get a deal that will satisfy 10% of the electorate, never mind 51.9%, and the best bet is to cause as much trouble as possible to make that as clear as possible as soon as possible.

Of course I might be joking and I’ll be back to say so soon.

Edukator
    Free Member

Britain pays for Calais border control, Jamba. Cameron coughed up 22 million , I think it’s time to put the price up.

cchris2lou

Maybe Jambalaya you can explain to us how the irish border is going to work ?

zippykona

We will build a wall and make the Irish pay for it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

cchris2lou

Funny cartoon but it doesn’t solve the irish border ?

As a French, eu citizen, what will happen if I go to Ireland and then Northern Ireland ?

Please explain. In simple terms.

igm

Jamba’s still looking at order-order. 😆

To be fair though, give it six months and that’s a David Davis cartoon.
    Difference is Keir is six months faster in realising the absurdity of Brexit.

Viewing 40 posts - 31,601 through 31,640 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.