Viewing 40 posts - 28,881 through 28,920 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Trolls will be trolls @deadly who did you vote for Labour stood on a manifesto with honouring Brexit and wnding freedom if movement hence an exit of THE single marke amd the customs union. Unless you voted Lub Dem or Green you supported Brexit.

IMO a WTO Brexit is now much more likely than it was on June 7th

igm

In your opinion – but just about no one else’s given the news over the last day or so.

PS when I described you as an IT bod made good, was that reasonably accurate?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

IMO

😆

Calm down jamba – I realise you’re finally coming to terms with what we were all telling you ages ago. But it’s ok. Just relax a bit man.

EDIT: oh and,

Trolls will be trolls @deadly who did you vote for

A pro-remain labour candidate. Just like the rest of Bristol. You probably wouldn’t like it here too much. 😀

piemonster

I think it’s going to take a wee while longer to realise he’s a proponent of lowering the UKs quality of life.

Assuming the UK survives the experience at all. Might end up just being England and Wales yet.

igm

I’m assuming Ruth will have to ask Theresa for at least as much cash for Scotland as Arlene gets for NI or Nicola will be able to beat her about the head with that situation.
    Interesting days. And yes the UK is at risk here.

Junkyard
    Free Member

IMO a WTO Brexit is now much more likely than it was on June 7th

what do the polls say

tbh nothing is more likely except uncertainty now.

igm

David Davis has been stripped of his most hardline Brexit minister in the latest sign that Theresa May is planning to soften the terms of Britain’s exit from the European Union.
    David Jones, a minister of state in the Department for Exiting the EU, was sacked as by Mrs May, who failed to tell the Brexit minister about her plans.
    He was replaced by Baroness Anelay, who is thought to have supported the Remain campaign before last year’s EU referendum.

Telegraph

jambalaya
    Free Member

Leave the European Union
    End freedom of movement
    Leave the single market
    Leave the customs union

318+266+10 = 594 / 650 seats (at least)

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont think ken clarke will be voting with the tories so take at least one off – given that why did dear leader have a vote to strengthen her position ? did she need more labour support and less tories 😉

PLP rejoicing at the election result and welcoming JC….how is strong and stable working out for Mummy?

Its such a strange time when the losers feel better than the winner.
    We wont ever see that again IMHO.

igm

Wait and see Jamba.

Your problem is there is little if any support for your preferred Armageddon solution, and a soft Brexit may be difficult to achieve – which leaves no Brexit. Palatable to many, and damaging to no one really.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Brexies are losing even more control. They don’t like it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Trolling goes to 11 @deadly

igm

Yep. The fact Theresa didn’t even tell David Davis she’d sacked one of his staff (if true, the Telegraph hasn’t got the best record on facts) speaks volumes.

igm

Jamba – I’ve got you as the troll in this – but only at a humourous level.

Junkyard
    Free Member

is that out of 150 ?

piemonster

is that out of 150 ?

Depends what day it is

Del

Seriously jambs? you’re calling troll? 😆

igm

Anyway that’s not trolling – this is trolling.

Corbyn said that he looked forwards to a Queen’s speech “just as soon as the coalition of chaos has been negotiated”, before adding, to laughter: “Just to let the house and the rest of the nation know, if that’s not possible the Labour party stands ready to offer strong and stable leadership in the national interest.”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

is that out of 150 ?

350 (million).

I’m low level.

igm

I wonder if Corbyn is going to invite May to condemn terrorism any time soon?
    And how he’ll word it to make it clear he means unionist paramilitaries?

mrmo
    Free Member

Looks like the French and Germans are happy to call it all off, inflation now at 2.9%,

More and more companies are starting to outline their plans,

With May unlikely to make it through the parliament have to wonder how much of a mess this is going to turn out to be.

DrJ

I think it’s going to take a wee while longer to realise he’s a proponent of lowering the UKs quality of life.

You think he GAS about anyone on less than 150K ??

mrmo
    Free Member

Such nice people the Tories.

mickmcd
    Free Member

wife swap….brexit special …..dont miss it

kimbers

Trouble is the Lawson/jambas significant short term hit to the economy (aka WTO) will cause misery to millions (but worth it for those rich folk who won’t suffer)

Now that may doesn’t have that majority it’s all up for grabs

I have faith in starmer etc getting Brexit reversed (part of the reason I , like many others voted labour, lib Dems just weren’t a realistic prospect) , dunno how but there’s a path to a 2nd ref somehow and 500k voters turn 18 every year and 500k (actually now more as the Tory NHS/social care attack does its best) OAPs die

I know I’m being a hopeless romantic , but I’d like to think the UK can turn back from this path to fantasy nostalgia little Britain isolationism and idiocy
    [video]https://youtu.be/eZQyVUTcpM4[/video]

kimbers

You see some people still have faith…..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I do see a set of conditions where hard brexit is possible. Something like may clinging on, getting a rubbish deal with her typical level of political skill being offered a remain (go and think about clause) storming off and defying Parliament and signing it before retiring to somewhere in the empire.
    Probably good odds on there being a you can stay look at the damage done choice.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@deadly why don’t you quote a specifc post with the 150 number in so we get a timestamp and then I can show you dozens of subsequent posts with 75-100 which matched all the “experts”

No such thing as a “pro Remain” Labour candidate, see the A50 vote majority, look at the manifesto and listen to the leadership.

Spent 3 years in Bristol at Uni, I don’t donate to the Uni as too left wing. Life member of Uni Rugby Club fwiw (ie I made some dinations when they where raising funds).

jambalaya
    Free Member

@kimbers Macron (and some other German politicians) are still clinging to the forlorn hope that we stay. He is well aware of what a massive bugdgetary loss the UK is to the EU as well as the prospect of losing tariff free access to such a valuable and wealthy market if the EU sticks to its Brexit Bill precondition and we leave and resort to WTO. Then we should add in immigration, with the UK outside the freedom of movement zone France will have to cope with even more immigration. Macron would really rather we stayed, that’s obvious.

Lifer
    Free Member

Too good 😆

jam-bo
    RustySpanner

3 weeks ago Jambers.

Just show a bit of humility and admit you were wrong.
    There’s no shame in it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Wait and see Jamba.

Your problem is there is little if any support for your preferred Armageddon solution, and a soft Brexit may be difficult to achieve – which leaves no Brexit. Palatable to many, and damaging to no one really.

Wait and see is indeed the best post on here for a while.

I see more opportunity in new global trade deals that I see in expending energy talking ith EU egotists desperate to maintain their vanity project / gravy train

Far from being an “Armageddon” even the IMF (lead by ex-French finance Minister and big pro-EU Christine Lagrande) says a WTO Brexit the UK would still continue to grow even without assuming any new trade deals.

The vast majority of rest of the world trades very nicely with the EU under WTO, as would we.

Junkyard
    Free Member

so only three weeks ago he was predicting it

I am looking fwd to the ensuing explanation 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks Jam Bo. Rusty so shall we add up all the other subsequent posts with 75-100 predictions. Surely just changing my prediction is an admission of being “wrong”. Also if you read a few other threads you will see I said exactly what you are suggesting I have not. From memory once in direct responce to Pigface making such a request.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I can show you dozens of subsequent posts with 75-100 which matched all the “experts”

And yet as the experts listened to and saw the evidence of a change you called them all out as headline generators and polling to sell papers.

The vast majority of rest of the world trades very nicely with the EU under WTO, as would we.

But how would it be better? Tariffs are like extra vat. Don’t quote yachts or the “average” where would it hit people and where would exports be hit. It will cost the UK consumers more than today.

WTO Brexit the UK would still continue to grow even without assuming any new trade deals.

Was that quantified? Continents are moving closer but I’m still going to fly rather than wait for the land bridge to arrive.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Put the spade down

kimbers

You didn’t just change your position you said ‘my prediction remains 75-100′

You’ve been caught bullshitting so much you’ve got your own meme!

You are the perfect example of Vote Leave, the Brexit bus in human form!

Brexit has made us all poorer, exports are up but growth has slowed so we’ve sunk to the bottom of the G7…… but you can’t even consider admitting that you might be wrong

RustySpanner

Rusty so shall we add up all the other subsequent posts with 75-100 predictions. Surely just changing my prediction is an admission of being “wrong”.

If you feel you want to, please do.

And why the quotation marks?
    You were wrong.

I’d respect you a little more if you admitted it.

Viewing 40 posts - 28,881 through 28,920 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.