Viewing 40 posts - 27,521 through 27,560 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • mattjg
    Free Member

Strangely enough, I can’t.

Me neither. It would presumably require the other party to treat the solo UK preferentially to the EU 27/28.

Does not compute.

milleboy
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39664537

More good new for retail……………another Brexit win.

dudeofdoom

^^^^^ EU PUNISHING US I tell you 🙂

DoD does DM 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Edukator
    Free Member

So what’s the EU doing for me? I’ll compare a trip to Spain with when I worked there before they were full EU members.

Drove in without stopping.
    Continued along roads partly EU financed
    Paid the toll with the Euro coins in my pocket.
    Used phone at low prices imposed by EU
    Booked in to accommodation, no need for a passport.
    Drank the tap water (drinking water directive)
    MTBed in national parks which are part of EU initiatives
    Bought food in a supermarket with the same consumer information as everywhere else in the EU
    Enjoyed fish in a restaurant which may not have survived without EU fisheries policy

mattjg
    Free Member

oh look, here I am passing through the “uncontrolled, open” UK border at Calais last week.

(not pictured – French Army, French customs, ferry company ticketing).

lol if that’s not a controlled border what do you want?

mattjg
    Free Member

Bloody red tape!

mattjg
    Free Member

I see a strong trend of self victimisation amongst leavers. Blame the other. There are disturbing historical parallels.

Well done for destroying your own point in two lines – very impressive.[/quote]

Not to mention that anything assertive the EU does to protect its own members is “bullying us”.

Pathetic.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have a couple of friends who work in trades and say their incomes have been reduced due to wage competition from EU incomers. I’ve no idea if that stands up to scrutiny, but that’s what they say and that’s directly why they voted leave.

But, will their incomes go down even further if the economy slides?

molgrips
    Free Member

Are economic problems starting?

Keith Richardson, managing director of retail at Lloyds Bank Commercial Banking, said that after record growth in 2016, the retail sector was slowing down.
    “These figures suggest that the clouds are now gathering over British consumers,” he said.

mattjg
    Free Member

But, will their incomes go down even further if the economy slides?

I suspect one will be OK as his client base is “old money” and he serves them well so gets plenty of repeats. The other, yes, more likely.

slowoldman

Bloody red tape![/quote]
    I bet the wine makers are seething.

Edukator
    Free Member

We were drinking the tap water at a place that produces 100 000 litres of wine (Agerre white wine) a year and the lady didn’t seem the slightest bit put out.

Solo
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    I don’t think you did.. but we’ll find out if it stops doing it won’t we

Repeating yourself and your opinion that I’m too stupid to know I didn’t want to be in Europe as it is, any longer.
    And to think you might have posted something intelligent, rather than once again, attacking a leaver, playing the Man.
    Still classy then 🙂

Oh and that’s not playing the man – that would be if I called you an idiot or some other abuse.
    Ha, ha. You claim leavers didn’t know what they voted for, but that’s not insulting, or anything, is it….. Of course, it really is insulting, but you known that.
    You know what you’re saying.
    You know you’re being divisive, perhaps hoping to start an unnecessary arguement?
    That wouldn’t be for the first either, molgrips.

And yes I fully appreciate the problems that huge numbers of people face daily. I do not live in a privileged bubble. However, I don’t think those problems are caused by the EU, I think they could well get much worse after the vote.
    So in other words you blindly ignore people like me so as to retain your beliefs in your EU is wonderful, paradigm.

Again, almost amusing. You claim to know the issues faced by those who felt they finally had no other choice than to vote leave, as if their issues, were yours, but you really don’t know.
    Have you ever considered a career in politics.
    You will conveniently over look facts such as when David Cameron was shut into a room with most of the other EU leaders and told not to proceed with a referendum.
    Why do you suppose that happened. Could it have been those in Brussels knew what was really happening, but seeing as they were doing Ok, they didn’t mind that others would suffer during the continued implementation of the Brussels plan.

If they improve (as I hope they do) it’ll be because future governments have nowhere to hide any more and might start actually doing their job.
    LOL, more insults from you, when you imply we can’t see what you’re really saying in that statement.

You now appear to be plumbing new depths of divisiveness on here.
    Just slightly cringe worthy you think the rest of us too dumb we can’t see what you’re really trying to say.
    Carry on!
    😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

When trying to defend a claim of stupidity it was very unwise to write this

LOL, more insults from you, when you imply we can’t see what you’re really saying in that statement.

He infers you imply

😆

igm

Solo – you still haven’t told me (or I’ve missed it) what daily injuries the EU did you.
    What were they? Help me out here, before I start believing you imagined them. And I truthfully don’t want to believe that.

To be fair to those suggesting that those voting leave didn’t know what they were voting for, I think that the fact we still don’t know what Brexit actually means (tariff free access or not, some form of continued free movement or not, ECJ or not – even the three Brexmigos change their tune regularly – except Fox, what happened to Fox) suggests there may be a grain of truth in that.
    I accept that you know what you though you were voting for, what you wanted to happen I hope you will accept that isn’t quite the same thing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Solo – Member

TL;DR

molgrips
    Free Member

Solo. You’re not doing yourself any favours here.

I’m not calling you stupid. I don’t think you are. I think *most* leavers are not aware of the good things the EU does. Probably the most important is that it facilitates trade. We will not get anywhere near as good a deal anywhere else.

You claim to know the issues faced by those who felt they finally had no other choice than to vote leave, as if their issues, were yours, but you really don’t know.

I’m ready to listen.

I don’t think we’ve had any specific examples of how the EU harms the UK, have we? It does stop Jambalaya from trading how he wants – this is interesting, and I’d like to know specifically what these rule are and why they exist. That could be a good concrete example.

kimbers

ooops

mattjg
    Free Member

oh.

Edukator
    Free Member

You will conveniently over look facts such as when David Cameron was shut into a room with most of the other EU leaders and told not to proceed with a referendum.

Any chance of a link, Solo? Google throws up George Osbourne amongst others but not most of the other EU leaders.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

3/10 for your rant solo.

Because that’s about all you’ve done. Rant.

Long on hot air & short on facts.

Please be specific on what exactly the EU has done that’s caused you grief.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Please be specific

And, for the luvva jaysus, keep it succinct…your last post just went on and on and on and on and on and on…a couple of paragraphs* would be good for a start.

*easy on the bold/italics/smileys please.

sbob
    Free Member

Edukator – Reformed Troll

Drove in without stopping.

mattjg – Member

oh look, here I am passing through the “uncontrolled, open” UK border at Calais last week.

If you’re all going to shout in the same direction, try doing it from the same hymn sheet. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If you’re all going to shout in the same direction, try doing it from the same hymn sheet.

Edukator’s describing his trip to Spain from France.

mattjg’s describing re-entering the UK (non-schengen) from France.

sbob
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

Edukator’s describing his trip to Spain from France.

mattjg’s describing re-entering the UK (non-schengen) from France.

Yet both thanks to the EU.
    Having your cake and eating it is the applicable phrase. 💡

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yet both thanks to the EU.

Good man!

sbob
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

Good man!

Last time I visited an EU country I had to show my passport.
    Last time I visited a non EU country I had to show my passport.

Yay EU!

🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yay EU!

Isn’t it great, Glad you’re giving your shout-out!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I’d really like to hear some honest to god facts about why leaving is the best option…

You know, not hyperbole, not opinion but some really good hard facts why we are better off out.

I’ve not heard any to date………

sbob
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

Isn’t it great?

I’m glad you’ve realised the ridiculousness of the notion, and that you take any criticism of the staunchly pro-EU rhetoric seriously.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

you take any criticism of the staunchly pro-EU rhetoric seriously.

As is often the case, adverbs are the tool of the lazy.

sbob
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

As is often the case, adverbs are the tool of the lazy.

I’m not going to entertain accusations of laziness from someone who has just avoided any discussion by using childish misquotation and piss-taking.

In other news,
    Estoban Ospina in Bogata has just come up with a delicious new recipe for ajiaco, yay EU! 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m not going to entertain accusation

You’ve set your negotiating position.

Northwind

mrlebowski – Member

You know, not hyperbole, not opinion but some really good hard facts why we are better off out.

We’ll be free to negotiate our own, worse trade deals with America. When they feel like it.

Man, taking back control gets me hard. There’s nothing else like it.

sbob
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

You’ve set your negotiating position.

That’s quite good. 😆

In lieu of having nothing to say, it’s excellent. 😉

milleboy
    Free Member

slowoldman

I’m ordering mine in two-tone beige.

welshfarmer

with a square steering wheel

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I’m ordering mine in two-tone beige

Flash!

sbob
    Free Member

🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 27,521 through 27,560 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.