Viewing 40 posts - 27,201 through 27,240 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • Edukator
    Free Member

No one could have twice weekly language lessons for five years and still only be at the basic level

You haven’t tried to teach G******. Five years with me, two with Madame, I’m not sure how many language teachers before us and at least five years at school. I’m not sure who suffered most, the teachers or G.

kelvin

“Britain used to be pragmatic. That doesn’t seem to be the case any more, and we need to protect our interests.”

It looks that way from this side as well. Zeal before deal. Sad days. The UK is screwing itself. Cheering itself on.

AD

Not to worry though – apparently we are all ‘coming together’…
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39607056

sbob
    Free Member

kelvin – Member

I’m loving everything going over sbob’s head. Most amusing. More please.

You haven’t disagreed with anything I’ve said, and haven’t pointed out anything you think I may have missed.

1/10 for content. Poor effort.

dudeofdoom

Not sure I like this ‘coming together, lark 🙂

Probably a Tory thing – getting all excited out of privatising more the fk out of UK plc.

oldnpastit

You haven’t disagreed with anything I’ve said, and haven’t pointed out anything you think I may have missed.

sbob, now we’re all coming together, why don’t we all meet up and have a big hug? Jamba, you’re invited too! It’ll be super!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

coming together

Brexkake?

Soggy Brexit?

Probably the latter, given the public schoolboys running the country, “Didn’t do me any harm. None of that foreign deviancy please.”

kelvin

haven’t pointed out anything you think I may have missed

I’m leaving you to re-read the points others made, to see if you can understand them. They’re not cryptic.

Nipper99
    Free Member

I think ‘coming together’ is a Bullingdon Club initiation ritual.

kelvin

More amusing then “coming together” is her emphasising “compassion, community and citizenship“… top trolling there.

DrJ

Not sure I like this ‘coming together, lark

What she means is that after the noise and jumping up and down all the servants will be together below stairs and all will be right with Downton Abbey again. The masters will be in charge and the lower classes will dutifully pull their forelocks. It’s the British way.

igm

I think May was talking about the EU 27 plus half of the UK coming together. She’s done that quite successfully.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’m loving everything going over sbob’s head. Most amusing. More please.

OH the irony even the point about it being over your head went over your head

Junkyard
    Free Member

In her first Easter message as PM, she said “opportunities” would arise from Brexit and emphasised the UK’s “shared ambitions and above all shared values”.
    She said people should feel “confident” about Christianity’s role in society and free to speak about their faith.

These folk of faith dont have a strong grip on reality do they

I dont see any o fthis . Acceptance that is happening but its like being asked to get behind [ and join in with] the charge of the light brigade

Nipper99
    Free Member

Is that Leavers or God botherers or both.

dudeofdoom

Depends on your reality thou 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

Is May deluded, cynical, or right? Not the last i think.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think her personal faith is important to her

As to the coming together whether she means it or feels she has to say it is hard to tell but she is out of touch if she thinks it is happening. Heck it wont even be happening at the cabinet table never mind the wider country

mattjg
    Free Member

Yeah. I edited for good manners, but agreed.

slowoldman

I think May was talking about the EU 27 plus half of the UK coming together.

That’s not how I read it.

“This year, after a period of intense debate over the right future for our country, there is a sense that people are coming together and uniting behind the opportunities that lie ahead.”

Of course it’s possible to put whatever spin you like on the words.

sbob
    Free Member

oldnpastit – Member

sbob, now we’re all coming together, why don’t we all meet up and have a big hug? Jamba, you’re invited too! It’ll be super!

I take your failure to reply on the subject at hand as admission that you were indeed,
    chatting shite.

What we need now is for kimbers to make up some ever-so-clever rude sounding words, binners to post a picture and any big hitter to jump in with a cliche.

torsoinalake – Member

Brexkake?

Soggy Brexit?

Nipper99 – Member

Junkyard – lazarus

OH the irony

It’s **** bingo! 😀
    Though I did get some posters wrong, it doesn’t seem to matter which unit you are talking to when communicating with the borg…

oldnpastit

Ooohhh, sbob getting very angsty. Take a chill pill dude!

EDIT: I guess that means sbob doesn’t want a hug then. 🙁

So much for Theresa’s Easter message. Killed by sbob.

sbob
    Free Member

kelvin – Member

I’m leaving you to re-read the points others made, to see if you can understand them. They’re not cryptic.

You say nothing, I invite you to add content and yet you still say nothing.
    One can only conclude that you have nothing to say.

You may as well hold hands with Junkyard and join him in a chorus of “I know you are but what am I”. 💡

Probably best you quietly rejoin the pack, or better still pretend this is real life and keep your lack of opinion to yourself. 😉

sbob
    Free Member

oldnpastit – Member

Ooohhh, sbob getting very angsty. Take a chill pill dude!

😆

Yes, I always use smileys when I’m very angsty.

In reality I’m as happy as a remainer sitting on two different EU member state passport applications. :mrgreen:

Junkyard
    Free Member

You may as well hold hands with Junkyard and join him in a chorus of “I know you are but what am I”

I think you superimposed your childish levels of discourse and understanding on to others

Have you anything grown up to add?- Ps that is rhetorical as you wont get that will you

Are you ninfans alter ego for when he is being ignored?

you share his childish delight in your own stupidity and seem to just want a reaction

sbob
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

I think you superimposed your childish levels of discourse and understanding on to others

😆

You do realise what you just did, don’t you? 😳

igm

slowoldman – Member

I think May was talking about the EU 27 plus half of the UK coming together.
    That’s not how I read it.

“This year, after a period of intense debate over the right future for our country, there is a sense that people are coming together and uniting behind the opportunities that lie ahead.”

Of course it’s possible to put whatever spin you like on the words.[/quote]

Sorry. Agreed. I sometimes forget ont’ web one’s tone of voice doesn’t come across.

I think she is living in a bubble if she thinks people are coming together.

oldnpastit

sbob – member who needs to just go ride his bike

What we need now is for kimbers to make up some ever-so-clever rude sounding words, binners to post a picture and any big hitter to jump in with a cliche.

… followed by sbob posting a picture labelled with a cliche….

sbob
    Free Member

oldnpastit – Member

… followed by sbob posting a picture labelled with a cliche….

😆

mrmo
    Free Member

I think she is living in a bubble if she thinks people are coming together.

People are coming together, slowly but surely

Government admits it is a stupid idea

igm

We’ll all the civil service people I’ve seen on the things to promote the UK abroad think Brexit is daft.
    And those are the people trying to dig us out of the hole.

sbob
    Free Member

mrmo – Member

People are coming together, slowly but surely

Very slowly if people are having to post the same link three times in an effort to make a point. 😉

ninfan
    Free Member

I fail to see how that is news?

The British Government always thought it was a stupid idea, everyone knows that – the government (including the current PM) campaigned against it, the politicians of all parties and civil servants, heavily weighted towards a metropolitan elite with private school education & university degrees, were overwhelmingly opposed to the idea.

But we live in a democracy, and the majority voted out.

Deal with it.

mattjg
    Free Member

But we live in a democracy, and the majority voted out.

Deal with it.

We are dealing with it. Watch us Or do you think democracy stopped when the polling stations close?

ninfan
    Free Member

We are dealing with it. Watch us

Are you?

Tell me, what do you regard as the identifiable outcomes of the way you have dealt with it so far?

All you appear to have done to date is whinged a lot, without any discernible effect on the outcome or negotiating position. Oh, sorry , hurrah, you forced a court case, and a vote in parliament, that you lost… so made no difference whatsoever.

The irony is that according to you remainders, having to go along with something you disagree with because it suits the others is preferable to being able to decide for yourselves anyway 😆

mattjg
    Free Member

Plenty of time yet for this to change. Your complacence and goading betray leak of confidence and are a big weakness.

mattjg
    Free Member

(haha leak = lack! Both could work though).

mrmo
    Free Member

All you appear to have done to date is whinged a lot, without any discernible effect on the outcome or negotiating position.

you mean accepting european courts and migration during transition is a failure for the remainers?

chewkw
    Free Member

mattjg – Member
    We are dealing with it.

Give it up man, give it up … relax, chill …

Watch us Or do you think democracy stopped when the polling stations close?

If you/we are talking about EU bureaucratic system that’s over so no need to keep throwing tantrums for losing. You (all remainders) can still have your democracy at home and I strongly suggest you support Corbyn to be the Labour leadership at least he is true to himself.

However, if you still yearn to join some sort of large future bureaucratic system perhaps try again in 50 years time when you have that choice. In the meantime, the remainders should simply chillax man … chill … 😆

Alternatively simply apply to be a citizen of one of the EU Country or just simply buy one of their passport after all you have two years time limit to prepare yourself … 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 27,201 through 27,240 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.