Viewing 40 posts - 20,241 through 20,280 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • br
    Free Member

Cake and eat it…… yougov poll
    http://www.open-britain.co.uk/morgan_new_poll_shows_leave_voters_not_prepared_to_have_their_family_finances_affected%5B/i%5D

Yes, which is why I (personally) consider the non-dogmatic Leave voters as basically stupid because they are unable to grasp the concept that ‘things’ are connected.

They seemed to blindly believe that the only thing that would occur if Leave won is that we would leave the EU, and that this action would have no other consequences nor impact them personally (except positively no doubt).

Hey, grow up Leavers!

mrmo
    Free Member

As brexit hasn’t been triggered, no one knows the plan and certainly no idea of the outcome. How low can the Pound go?

As May seems to have a pathological hatred of immigrants Brexit is not going to be pretty. To hell with the interests of the UK.

Klunk
    Free Member

Quick Trade deal, yeah right…. as with most things to the simple minded it always looks easier than it is.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

How will we cope with the influx of tourists?

oldnpastit

As brexit hasn’t been triggered, no one knows the plan and certainly no idea of the outcome. How low can the Pound go?

I suspect that at some point the BoE is going to start turning up interest rates.

Quite what that will do to house prices I don’t know. If we stop having foreigners coming to live here as well, presumably it’s going to be back to the good old days of negative equity!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Intereresting reaction to little news. So May is going to rule out EEA and/or customs union. Yes? The world is round?uu

Perhaps markets are more sanguine than headlines today – FTSE 100 largely flat having been up.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No plan – looks like an FTA or WTO from here.

Both weaker that whate we have now, but there we go.

kelvin

The world is round?

Indeed, but slowly dripping these things out, when she could have announced them months ago, is in itself a plan of sorts.

mrmo
    Free Member

Indeed, but slowly dripping these things out, when she could have announced them months ago, is in itself a plan of sorts.

The how to boil a frog plan…..

mt
    Free Member

One thing is certain Mrs May is keeping the independence of Yorkshire negotiations very secret. We can wait up here. We’ve no need to be so secretive though, no immigrants from Lancashire, no southern softies an their fancy ways. Everyone else welcome, even from Scotlandshire. However they must buy a beer whenever asked by a person born of the great County of York. Oops missed one the borders of Yorkshire to be restored to its pre 1974 size. Particularly Saddleworth as there proper miserable there. Also a ban on Humberside, it’s part of the East Riding.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Both weaker that whate we have now, but there we go.

Here speaks the broken man, the torture has finally done for him, all he wants is it all just to end.

Klunk
    Free Member

The how to boil a frog when hubby sells short on friday plan…..

kimbers

hasnt May herself got a blind trusts, that I assume is invested in ftse 100 companies 😉 ?

mrmo
    Free Member

hasnt May herself got a blind trusts, that I assume is invested in ftse 100 companies ?

But she is a christian and would never ever do anything that might be seen as a conflict of interests and that might personally enrich herself….. not like that other chrisitian Tony Blair,.

zippykona
    teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Kelvin, may has been consistent – instead of taking the piss people should simply listen. She said at the start that Brexshit means Brexshit and why – FOM and ECJ. So she ruled out membership of the EU and access vis the EEA. She believes that she can get a bespoke deal but if not then FTA or WTO. It’s not that hard.

Not broken, just realistic and wanting to get on with life.

Klunk
    Free Member

has the added bonus of keeping dirty digger happy, as sky tv gets cheaper and cheaper by the minute, and the NHS off the front page of the Sun.

kelvin

hasnt May herself got a blind trusts, that I assume is invested in ftse 100 companies ?

Very unlikely. The May family have, for the most, wisely, split the money and politics issues cleanly between themselves. She’s not the political chancer some people seem to think… she’s prepared properly to be where she is.

kelvin

Kelvin, may has been consistent – instead of taking the piss people should simply listen.

She has been very consistent about her red lines.

By “taking the piss” do you mean asking her straight, in the HoC, to state where she stands as regards single market and customs union participation? She has kicked that can down the street for ages now, by refusing to give an answer, wisely* I think.

[ *by wisely, I mean wise as regards her own interests ]

kimbers

the stuff of nightmares……..

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Where are the other thumbs up?

molgrips
    Free Member

She said at the start that Brexshit means Brexshit and why – FOM and ECJ. So she ruled out membership of the EU and access vis the EEA.

Only AFTER the vote. Would’ve been useful to know beforehand, don’t you think?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

the stuff of nightmares……..

Harry enfield went down hill after Loadsa Money in my opinion.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

On the trump gove pic a speech bubble from both asking who this arse hole is would be perfect
    #whereisjamie

jambalaya
    Free Member

Independent has a piece saying what I have been saying for a while. Perhaps the tide of endlessly negative reporting in coming to an end. Clickbait ad revenue falling ?

Britain’s Brexit prospects are not as catastrophic as Project Fear warned
    The failure to reach an agreement with Europe, which is a real possibility, would be acceptable in the short-term and positive in the long. Out of the top five export markets, three are outside the EU

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-theresa-may-mark-carney-economy-a7527156.html

On Theresa May / trust and indeed on Jeremy Hunt the UK needs to have a more intelligent approach to people who make and have money. An obession with trying to spin that as a negative quality is ridiculous.

kelvin

Only AFTER the vote. Would’ve been useful to know beforehand, don’t you think?

Before the vote, May wanted an end to FoM, an end of ECJ jurisdiction, and said we should remain in the EU.
    Make of that what your will.

BoardinBob, I missed that blind trust stuff. Still, good planning on her part to seal that off from scrutiny. Dodgy, much?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@kelvin politicians are well advised to put assets in blind trusts to avoid any notion that they are influencing policy for personal gain. Not dodgy at all.

Klunk
    Free Member

#whereisjamie

or just wait for the new private eye.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Out of the top five export markets, three are outside the EU

Again how did being in the eu stop the UK exploring these, you have already told us trade deals are not important to a country so the UK could have gone are these markets already. Blaming UK countries for not being ambitious is not a fault of the eu.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Haha.. Posing right in front of a framed playboy cover photo

kelvin

Not dodgy at all.

It is sealing the nature and content of the trust off from scrutiny that is dodgy, not relinquishing control that is the concern.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Mol, which bit did you not understand before the vote?

Jambas, we have had a 20% devaluation which is now filtering through into inflation. So that is worse than the models were predicting and we haven’t left so the other impacts have yet to be observed.

So score so far – worse than expected: £ and inflationary expectations; better: resilience of consumer and appetite for debt 😯

Too early for complacency

mrmo
    Free Member

So score so far – worse than expected: £ and inflationary expectations; better: resilience of consumer and appetite for debt

How much of that debt is forward ordering? I needed a new computer in the near future so bought it on a zero credit card now rather than wait until i had saved the cash and had to stump up 15-20% more.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    Mol, which bit did you not understand before the vote?

Multiple groups promised different things and withdrew all their promises on day one post Brexit. There was a mass misinformation campaign during the vote, try getting 2 brexshiters to agree with each other, some fail to agree with themselves

molgrips
    Free Member

The failure to reach an agreement with Europe, which is a real possibility, would be acceptable in the short-term and positive in the long

Positive in economic terms.

But there’s more to this than economics.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Withdrawn promises? Last time I looked we were still leaving the EU. That was what it was all about

aracer
    Free Member

What could possibly go wrong with that?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Withdrawn promises?

350 million for the nhs
    Lots of amazeballs trade
    All of the good things none of the bad
    Etc etc etc read Jambys list

Last time I looked we were still leaving the EU

Well ask the courts

That was what it was all about

Were you asleep during the campaign?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A lot can go wrong with that aracer, and probably will.

Mike, anyone with half a brain knew that the five core promises were BS. You can’t deliver BS unless you are a bull and I see no horns on the PM

The courts are not ruling on Brexshit, they are ruling on the simple issue of AoP v Royal Preogative. They should vote for the former but apparently it’s q close.

No. I was wide awake. See above.

Viewing 40 posts - 20,241 through 20,280 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.